1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Swastika prompts German Wolfenstein recall

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Sep 2009.

1. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I'm not an expert on history, but I'm not aware of an other wars that participants from 4 continents... Nothing the Romans or Alexander the Great dead was anything near the scale of these two, though plenty of wars have lasted longer...

But if we only consider modern history, my point still stands.

2. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

@ Jack Pepsi. The reason is not because there is a resurgence of neo-nazism in Germany, but an understanding for the horrific acts committed by the nazi regime.

If you really want to fight fascism, make sure your representatives vote no on extending the laws that were passed after 9/11.

Yours in anti-Fascist Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

3. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

The thing is, it's understood - as it's already been said, if Books, Films & Art are allowed to depict what they will in whatever context they want, I believe a game should be as well. Still, I'm not the powers that be in Germany so it doesn't really matter what I say or think. The reason as to why I thought that they wouldn't want the Swastika up on screens is that children or young-adolescence are the primary target audience for this game. Maybe they don't want their youth stereotyping their race with Nazis? I dunno - but if they want to move away from it all, they're going about it in the wrong way in my opinion.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

...well that is what many Germans don't allow other Germans.
    Try telling that to the french...or the dutch...italians...brits

For as far as the first world war is concerned...that the brits shipped in cannonfodder from India and 2 and a half Americans flew past in the last Months doesn't make it a 4 continent war.
    Besides it was more the end of a long line of wars/quarrels/territorial pissings the French and the Germanns had had. More the austro/hungarian relicts that started that one. Just simpler to blame the germans after they'd lost ;-)

5. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

Hehe! great quote... :D

I not saying they were innocent lambs though...Bach to Topic:

Talking about evil characters and us playing them, how about GTA?
    Personally I feel the system is still not "open" enough...to be truely evil

7. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

I would. If I was supposed to be walking down a street in WW2, FFS. That's the point; it's a game set in WW2 Germany, obviously there are supposed to be swastikas around!

Tags: Add Tags