1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Down to 6th :(

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Lizard, 25 Sep 2009.

1. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

I agree with the fact we need a lot more lower PPD users making a few thousand a day more so we need to get the word out some how!

And that crappy Radeon 3850 graphics card that is offered in the mag is almost enough to make anyone not fold lol, need to get that swapped with a GTX260 or even a GTX250 as they are so cheap now! Might make some more noob's have a go at folding just for the chance to win a half-decent GPU :)

2. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

I've got one of those "crappy 3850's" and they only turn out 2000ppd, but every point counts. but the cost per point is horrendous,and it will have to go soon :duh::duh:

HoistaWheelie likes this.
  3. HoistaWheelie

HoistaWheelie Slow but steady

93d 1h 30m 57s :clap:

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Tbh, 6th in the world isn't really that bad.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I am also aiming for the top 100 Taffy. At present I am not going very hard, but i will be opening the throttle and putting all of my rigs into action this Wednesday (hopefully- performing some maintenance and upgrades at the moment so two of them are in pieces on the workshop beinch!) and will be folding as many PPD as I can squeeze out of every CPU and GPU that I own to get me a large step closer to the top 100.

I have been working on such guides as these for quite a while now, I must get an hour or two free this week and finish and post them. I've paid particular attention to VMware folding (because frankly it rocks and we get asked quite a lot of questions about it) which neatly leads me on to prifinitty which once again leads me on to GPU priority. Expect those sometime towards the end of the week (along with that much needed and ~3 week late update to the rack farm thread :rolleyes:)

Amen to that. Especially considering that there are only a handful of us producing large quantities of PPD. Ten more Saspros here, ten more Lizards there and ONE more phoenicis and we'd have number 4 licked in a couple of months ;) :D

6. coolamasta

Don't need any more of me then! :waah: :waah:

lol :p

7. Unicorn

No mate, you only produce 170K PPD... wait a minute... :eeek: :jawdrop:

Seriously, wut are you running these days?! Gotta get me one of these magic trees for the garden. Maybe yours is growing Xeons at the moment? Bigadv WUs left right and center? :lol:

8. coolamasta

Ive been running same hardware for last couple of months now mate just no 511 projects to bog down although my Dual Core CPU performance has dived with the new 2.10 cores from Stanford!
    I only have 1 bigadv rig running though, most of my points are from the GTX260's and 9800GX2's but am planning to do a lot more consolidation as I keep saying....

Heres my fahmon link but it doesn't include 3 other rigs... HERE

9. HoistaWheelie

HoistaWheelie Slow but steady

God bless you guv'nor :thumb: took me this long to work out SMP use under Windoze!

10. Unicorn

I guess I just haven't been paying attention to other people's PPD for the past couple of months matey :) What a stellar performance. "Nitteo class" folding :thumb:

11. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

my folding rigs are back on line be around 50-70k again (one of my friends has fold rig 2 as an room heater 3x9800gx2} no heating bills any more just extra £25 month on power) will have an 3x gtx295 coming at some point in the next 2-3 months But waiting for price to come down or i build lots of 9600GSO systems £40 per card is not bad (£500 total for 2x system to match an 3x9800GX2's) need to rid some adverts off that are just an waste of money

if the extra 15% got one 9600gso and fold on that we be making lots of ppd (a lot of projects are starting to be 9 day return times now so onboard IGPs could fold as well :p i would not recommend that on Nvidia as mite burn it out if not active cooled), some of the Bit tech users do not seem to be fond with it (from comments in reviews that have been done, but do not stop doing folding results thought in the reviews as they are good)

soon as i get me AMD athlon II X4 i be doing SMP as well (i may have killed my last m3a32-mpv doing SMP folding on an Phenom CPUs run to hot and pull to much power just idle my Blue orb II gets an little warm) was hopeing the Phenom II was going to run cooler But they added more L3 and uped the clock to 3ghz (P II 940) so it makes the same heat as an 2.6GHZ cpu (P 9850), i would never sell an Phenom to any of my customers as heat may kill the systems sooner or blow the VRMs (as that mite of happened with my last mobo) the removel of the L3 has done wunders for the Athlon II X4 it hardly gets warm (got an blue orb II and it never goes past 38c full load, 16c hotter then room temp)

12. spunkymonkey

spunkymonkey phoenicis wannabe

leexgx get them rigs up quick matey as im coming for your spot :D :D

nice that your building your points back up again though matey :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

cheers spunky

13. saspro

saspro IT monkey

There goes another of my overtakes for the top 10:grr:

14. spunkymonkey

spunkymonkey phoenicis wannabe

remember your flexible friend :D :D

spunky

15. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

My points look rubbish compared to you guys...
    but i'm trying & jst added another GPU

We will get back up there!!

small speech over..:worried:

16. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I'd like to fold on my laptop.
    I never turn it off anyway. Where do I start? :p

17. saspro

saspro IT monkey

****WARNING****

Folding can kill laptops if there's not enough cooling built in

Apart from that what laptop is it?

18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

XPS M1530

19. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

I missed this :(

awwwww noeessss

we need some clever plan.

maybe make a piece of software that swaps evga's team numbers to custom pc :) haha

20. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

yeah I'd love one of those. My pc's fold all day, yet its such bad hardware :(