1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Red, White, and Blackie...

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by gabriel_d7, 21 Sep 2009.

1. gabriel_d7

gabriel_d7 Budget Mod?

@ Combinho & ry@n

Thanks... it does look good, especially when you see it with a disc spinning inside. :D

Last edited: 24 Sep 2009
  2. Goose360

Goose360 What's a Dremel?

The HDD cage and DVD drive are awesome!
    nice, clean modding
    Can't wait to see more :thumb:

3. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Very good start! I love the dvd idea! im watching!

4. gabriel_d7

gabriel_d7 Budget Mod?

Ok... I got hung up on schoolwork as usual.

[​IMG]
    I decided to put the Teflon mouse feet that was sent to me by my dearest friend from Singapore.
    [​IMG]
    Hell yeah! Goes with the whole color scheme.

[​IMG]
    Still deciding if I should use this as my mesh... its made of fabric.

[​IMG]
    Most of us know what this is... to those who dont, it's a sound activated module for CCFLs(from China). Not with the color scheme, so I plan to paint it.

[​IMG]
    Thanks to the killer typhoon that just roared its way into the Philippines, a massive city-wide blackout just happened. But then, that aint gonna stop me from modding this stupid alarm clock my cousin gave me.

[​IMG]
    Since it's gonna be on my desk near Blackie, might as well make this go with the whole design theme.

Power failures can just kiss my a**. Modding in the dark hahaha. Dismantled the crap out of this clock.

[​IMG]
    While modding the clock, been painting the sound activated module. This is what painting in the dark can do... it aint perfect, but it's all good.

[​IMG]
    Cut, and painted. This will be the clock face.

[​IMG]
    The day after, took advantage of a beautiful, rain-less, but overcast Sunday with the power of the city back on. Was playing Queen's "Dont Stop Me Now" while cutting up my Logitech classic keyboard. You'll know why I'm doing this to my poor keyboard, in the next few pics.

[​IMG]
    If Masbuskado goes for a Corona, I'll go for this... needed something to keep me going since I havent taken lunch.

[​IMG]
    Since I cant afford a Saitek Eclipse keyboard, might as well mod me one that would at least look like it... or almost look like it.

[​IMG]
    Shot with the light on... sorry for the shot.

[​IMG]
    Shot in the dark... I guess I didnt get the angle of the shot right. The last row of buttons at the bottom, along with the SPACE bar is also illuminated.

Now all I have to do is paint it, and add a few more things to it to make it look like this...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    High on the success of the mod for the keyboard, I needed to test if it works........ and yes, it does work.

[​IMG]
    And this is how the alarm clock looks, now it fits the design theme. Hehehe I feel like the host of that show "Art Attack".
    This clock is made entirely of cold press illustration board.

The boy 4rm oz likes this.
  5. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

NEVER have I seen a clock integrated into a PC. +rep to you good sir.

6. Bullitdodger

Bullitdodger If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

Some of this stuff is really cool....:)

7. gabriel_d7

gabriel_d7 Budget Mod?

If you only knew how much your comment made me feel. Coming from a mod master like yourself, I'm flattered as hell!

Now I'm definitely gonna make sure I will increase my efforts so I wont disappoint everyone with this build. :D

8. gabriel_d7

gabriel_d7 Budget Mod?

Thanks... and thanks for reminding me about that movie I really love... "Snatch". Nice name there Bullitdodger.

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Modding by candlelight. :thumb:
    Modding to Queen. :thumb:
    Modding typing exorcises. :thumb:

10. gabriel_d7

gabriel_d7 Budget Mod?

Wow... a lot of killer modders up in here. Thanks so much for appreciating. Yeah, I love Queen music. You should try it some time. Play "Dont Stop Me Now" while working on your build... I'm definitely sure the devil himself wouldnt be able to stop you from modding. D

Last edited: 27 Sep 2009
  11. Bullitdodger

Bullitdodger If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

Funny thing. My real name is actually Boris....:D

Last edited: 28 Sep 2009
  12. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

great work!
    subbed!

13. gabriel_d7

gabriel_d7 Budget Mod?

Hahaha, Boris? In that case, "Bullitdodger" is definitely an appropriate nick. :D

14. gabriel_d7

gabriel_d7 Budget Mod?

Thanks so much. It my first time to do a scratch build, much less a work log. Being really careful not to make a mistake. The hard work is yet to come. :D

15. KonZ3N

KonZ3N What's a Dremel?

Awesome! Great work gabriel_d7! Never thought of my own kababayan doing pc mod while in hardships of life here in our country. Regardless of your status, you make me believe that anyone can do serious modding. Actually, your the only one that I know that enters in competition with limited budget. Proud of you kababayan! +100rep ^^,

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

looks really good so far keep it up

17. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

Thoroughly impressive and high quality stuff you've got coming out of this considering the relatively salvaged materials you are using. The whole concept is pretty groovy too!

18. bagman

bagman Minimodder

looks really good atm and i can't wait to see more as you have some brilliant and fantastic ideas

19. gabriel_d7

gabriel_d7 Budget Mod?

Hey, it's nice to finally see a kababayan in here. :D Thanks so much man. I'm really glad you appreciate it. Will do my best not to disappoint you. :D

Thanks so much... I'm a fan of your work sir. :D

Gonna do my best to keep it groovy my dear sir. Funny, never thought I'd ever see "High Quality" and "Salvaged Materials" in one sentence. Hehehe :D Thanks so much for taking the time to view this post.

I do hope I wont run out of ideas... thanks so much sir. :D

Ok, I'm sorry if I'm just about to post updates after more than 2 weeks of being MIA... been hectic as hell, had to endure another power failure, schoolwork, volunteer work, and a whole ton of sh*t...

[​IMG]
    You all know how my room looked after I dismantled my computer table, right?

[​IMG]
    Before... buying a lot of black art paper.

[​IMG]
    After. I'm still planning to do a "sound absorbing/diffusion" modification on my walls.

[​IMG]
    Mod painted my trash can as well, that used to be pink. Leave it to my brother to buy you one of the most unmanliest sh*t without even being conscious of it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, I no longer sit on my floor like a Japanese madman with the urge to mod something. This is what I've done so far. I'm gonna tidy things up when I'm all done with this project.

I know everything's STILL chaotic and messy. It's coz I'm still not done with Blackie, as well as my room. My Command Center will look better once I'm done.

[​IMG]
    Changed the leds on my keyboard, from the stock, dull green... to super bright red.

[​IMG]
    This is one of the satellite speakers of my Dad's Sony stereo component... it's huge to mount them[and I plan to mount them on the wall, over my new monitor], so I decided to........

[​IMG]
    dismantle it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and make my own enclosure for it... made of course, as promised..... out of foam core boards and illustration boards.

[​IMG]
    The clock on the center speakers.

and when I was done, I saw a post in the only website in the country that has swapmeets, sale of computer accessories and case modding stuff... about PCI slot protector kits
    [​IMG]

And I decided to make my own.
    [​IMG]
    This is my attempt at being patriotic... dedicated to all my countrymen who lost their lives, homes, and stuff, and to those suffering of Leptospirosis, during/after the 2 consecutive killer typhoons that hit the country.

[​IMG]
    These are the fan pushpins that was sent to me by my loving friend, who is now my personal sponsor, Sacredirt77 {also registered in this site}... but then, since I can just always super glue the fans to the case, so I decided to use them somewhere else...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Oct 2009
  20. gabriel_d7

gabriel_d7 Budget Mod?

[​IMG]
    And this is the stock cooler that came with the Q8400 that I bought for my "Violet Reaction" project{not posted on this site}... which i plan to use on Blackie, since Violet already has an aftermarket cooler.

[​IMG]
    Of course, I have to mod it somehow... since it looks so........ STOCK. Yeah, I know, it would've been easier to buy another aftermarket cooler. As I have mentioned earlier, my funding is depleted as hell {if you only knew how much stuff I bought for both projects already. I usually do my shopping, before I start on the case... taking advantage of the fact that I still have money.}. And besides... where's the fun in buying one? It's better to mod an existing one. :D

[​IMG]
    I noticed that i somehow couldnt get the fan blade off... so i painted it as is. I know, it's only mod painted... I just didnt want to waste too much time on the cooler.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One night, I was doing some video editing for school, when it hit me... what the hell am I gonna do with the remaining old side panel of Violet? I didnt want to let it go to waste, and I needed a bedside table anyway... soooooo...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I went with the "sustainable design" concept, and made a table out of it. Constructed using a plastic chair, an old side panel, illustration board, and red duct tape. Thanks to Mike12, a computer accessories salesman, this old 17inch monitor of mine, is now an LCD TV, made possible by the TV Box that I bought from him. I love cable tv. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And while I was doing all that, it was raining really hard outside, and coincidentally enough... THIS SONG was playing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The frame... made of aluminum L-beams, acrylic sheet, a foam board, and illustration boards.

[​IMG]
    Gonna be using these straws for my light fixture creation. I know this site only promotes modding or scratch building of computer cases, but the modification of my room, is a part of my concept.

Just an added flair.