1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Would you buy cooler-less graphics card?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Sep 2009.

1. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

I would just be happy for a standardized mounting system.

2. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

I'd only buy one if I couldn't find a manufacturer who pre-fitted the HSF I actually wanted.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

That's true, but then I suppose someone would go out of business if we could just use the same water block over and over instead of having to buy new ones! That's one reason I suppose why I tend to splurge ££££££ on a good card and block so I can keep them for as long as possible. At least with CPU blocks things are a little more permanent.

4. karx11erx

karx11erx What's a Dremel?

This issue wouldn't be one if gfx card manufacturers would equip their card with good coolers even if it would make the cards 10 bucks more expensive (I'd even shell out 20 more - heck, I do anyway, as I a rather wait for something like a Vapor X cooled Radeon or a MSI Twin Frozr than get a stock cooled quasi jet engine).

5. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Good idea, just have the customer answer some questions during purchase, so that they know you are not a conserv.. uh moron noob.

hehe,
    S*D

Tags: Add Tags