1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No Modern Warfare 2 demo or beta

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Sep 2009.

1. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Hehe, that last comment is particularly ironic given you don't seem to be able to string a comprehensible sentence together.

Anyway, you merely said it was 'hyped as being realistic'. I said it was isn't (find me proof that IW have marketed this as a realistic shooter), and that almost every one who bought the game did so with the full understanding that it isn't. Given that was your main complaint about the game, and the only specific one, then my comment was entirely relevant to what you said.

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Do you mean to say that it is too consolified for your tastes?

Because 'aconsolated', if it were actually a word, would mean 'not consolated' with the addition of the 'a':

a-
    A prefix meaning "without" or "not" when forming an adjective (such as amorphous, without form, or atypical, not typical)

3. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Well I've just been to the www.callofduty.com and http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com but I'm struggling to find the word realistic used anywhere... Citations pls - No 'console morons' don't count.

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I'm sorry, but you seem to be the one with the naive point of view here. I'm going to give you another shot at wording that if you want, because I really can't believe your argument is that it's crap because it is one of the best selling games of all time. That's just a logic fail on so many levels. First off, they would have had to make it 'crap' before it even sold any copies. And do you really think that all those 13 million sales came from braindead 12 year olds? Well, I have a newsflash for you: popular games can be good, no matter how much you seem to think otherwise. Did it not occur to you that's why they're popular?

It seems this is just another case of 'I don't like it, so it must be crap and everyone else must be wrong'. Way to think outside of the box, kid :sigh:

5. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I'm disapointed I didn't receive a 2 line rebuttal to my earlier 3 paragraph reply Lepermessiah, I hope you're working on it!

Also, I have seen MW touted as realistic BUT only in the context of graphics and setting, never gameplay.

6. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Splinter Cellesque... Without Detective Mode... Without the "Press button/key" on screen message...
    Yep.

7. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Cant argue with stupid, did i say all sales were from 12 yr olds? No, but a lot did, as did most come from the CONSOLE crowd. Did I say it was crap? Again, u cannot even fathom simple sentences, I said it was average, OK, not crap. Did I say they cannot be good? once again, cant read and putting words in peoples mouths.

Sales do NOT equate quality, thats a fact, unless u think the best selling music today is high quality, just the type of fluff the masses like, Just like main stream games, at least most of the, your brainwashed to sheep, bah, bah.

Did I say i didnt like it? Again, reading and comprehensing goes a long way, the games are OK, I enjo them, but, not even close to the hype, crazy hype about them, they are fairly average, with in many areas is very limited, stale, out dated gameplay. I mean come on, endless spawnign enemies and trigger points in levels that are some of the most linear in recent memory? please.

Their immense popularity took off once the console tards got a look at a decent online shooter, same as gaylo. I have a 360 By the way, if it walks like a duck................... It is not just popular, but held in the highest regard like gaming royalty, that is the point, and the game is nothing out of the ordinary at all. Baah, Baaah

8. Lepermessiah

Moronic, and grasping at straws, Pc games have had these things since the 8o's, or you expect gamers to be telepathic and know what to do with help from the game? get real snob. It is nothing like Splinter Cell, that is moronic. Glad I do not suck the fun out of games like you, can can say that about evbery game ever made, Pc included, take a break from gaming, you do not know how to enjoy them.

9. Lepermessiah

Sorry you wasted your time, 3 paragraphs of crap is still crap. Could have summed up your rambling incoherence in a couple of sentences. You have never seen it so it must be so? MMM, ignorance really is bliss. Over the years they have advertised COD games as the closest you will get to being in combat, not just CoD4, but the older COD games as well.

10. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Obvious troll is becoming increasingly obvious.

It's not a fact at all. It's an opinion. I agree it does happen to be the case some of the time (WoW for example), but that's the exception rather than the norm. You just can't get it out of your head that if more than one person thinks something is good, they're all just copying each other and buy it because everyone else is, just to be popular. Not everyone works like that. The world isn't a cliché.

I don't, but that's because I don't happen to like the genre on music most people listen to (it's called Pop, or popular music, for a reason). However, I do happen to like the best selling artists within my favoured genre. They don't make stuff 'for the masses', but they sell records because they're good.

Why can't you just enjoy things for what they are. If you like something, fine. If you don't, fine. You're welcome to have your say, but stop trying to shove your cynical world-view down other people's throats and question people's motives for liking the things they do.

11. tejas

tejas What's a Dremel?

MW2 = FAIL

12. TurtlePerson2

TurtlePerson2 What's a Dremel?

The point of a demo is to see how the game plays and whether it'll run on your computer. We all know how MW2 will play. If you don't then play the MW1 demo.

13. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

MW2 uses an updated version of the engine used in the first game, so they won't run the same.

14. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

See the thing about summing up points into a couple of sentences is that it very rarely actually proves said points, it just states an opinion without backup. In any debate that comes across as obnoxious at best and, if objectionable enough, garners accusations of being a troll. You seem to have mastered it though.

Loving the use of "Gaylo" btw.

15. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Who said it was?

16. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

@impar I agree that the detective vision is a bit overpowered (but you can just not use it). As for the Press A now prompts, I really think the game benefits from them. Even after completing the main game I was still finding out new ways of taking out guys in the challenge mode. There is so much variety that I feel like you would miss out on a lot if they took away the prompts, which is why they're in there I guess. Was a bit annoying though it telling me to push Y to parry if I got hit a couple of times in combat. That's like pouring salt in the wound of being terrible at the brawling sections.

17. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Games used to have tutorials/training levels for that.

18. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Stick him on your ignore list its much less frustrating way to pass the time.

19. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Come on Lepermessiah, you've still not produced anything showing anyone official ever stated MW was realistic.

Besides, I'm enjoying the arguments, don't stop now!

20. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Each to their own, I prefer to be taught as I play rather than having a specific training session personally. I'm not trying to argue with you at all btw, just trying to understand your point of view. I enjoy both PC and console games, which is convenient now that most PC games feel like console ones. I just exclusively game on PC because I hate paying for online support and enjoy being able to up the graphical fidelity and fps of my favourite games as time goes on. Even used a 360 gamepad and moved my monitor so I could play batman lying down haha.

Tags: Add Tags