1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs I Have Never Played A Good Star Trek Game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Sep 2009.

1. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

lol I want a star trek game where capt. picard is bi-curious

2. coolius

coolius What's a Dremel?

Birth of the Federation! Awesome.

3. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

thats because star trek sucks

/hides

4. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Elite Force was pretty good, I never got hold of no.2 though.

Play it :thumb:

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I thought that was great and elite force.

I dont get Joe, he doesnt seem to like many games at all and the podcasts confirms it even more. He seems to only like some obscure game that we have never heard of, and I think thats because he just wants to be different.

6. Skutbag

Skutbag What's a Dremel?

I picked up ST Away Team for 2 quid or so in a local indy game shop- it's like Commandos except much easier and action-y (so far)

7. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Birth of the Fed. i still play that to this DAY shame about the memory bug mind :(

Starfleet Academy was also good fun, Klingon Acadamy was a good one too. But why oh why were they all buggy :waah:

Star Fleet command 3 and Armarda 2 are installed at the moment and i prefer Armarda

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Not at all. I like tonnes of games, though perhaps not the ones which everyone likes (like diablo 3), but I just tend to talk most about the games I'm properly passionate about - Baldur's Gate, PlaneScape Torment, Deus Ex, Prince of Persia etc. There a lots of games I like, which is why even my trimmed down collection at my new flat has 100+ games in it.

9. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i played a decent star trek board game once much along the same vein as atmosphere

10. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I loved Starfleet Academy. Actually, I was hoping ST:Online would expand on SF:A's independent bridge stations for coop play, but it looks like they've totally gone the whole arcade/casual route. :/

Elite Force is definitely worth a look. Iir, they released an expansion which added decks to Voyager which you could explore.

11. Itbay

Itbay What's a Dremel?

Anybody played the delta force extreme 2 ???

12. Mix

Mix What's a Dremel?

I was/am really excited about the new Star Trek MMO, but from what I've seen lately... It's not looking so great. I guess I'll just have to wait and see once it's released. I'm not even a big MMO fan because most of them don't interest me. Star Wars Republic on the other hand looks awesome.

13. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I look forward to what you unveil next in "what games I own" then :p

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Well, any particular games you want to hear about, just let me know.

15. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

They should so release the source code for Birth of the Federation - I'm sure there are some people willing to fix the game up good and proper and fix the bugs.

16. B1ackbeard

B1ackbeard Browncoat

Klingon Academy was good, especially the mission builder and 3rd party mods. BOF was a great game too, as has already been mentioned.

I'd love another good ship-to-ship combat game, along the lines of KA, but more sophisticated.

17. DyreStraits

DyreStraits What's a Dremel?

I'm quite surprised that no one has mentioned Deep Space Nine: The Fallen. It was not only one of the best Star Trek games, it was one of the best of any games at the time. Built on the Unreal Engine, it was the first game to use facial animation that coincided with speech. The player alternated playing as Capt. Sisko, Worf, and Major Kira. Excellent game!

18. Convergence

Convergence What's a Dremel?

I have to second DyreStrait's claim. But I admit, I'm biased. I'm one of the level designers for DS9 The Fallen. It was a poorly promoted but excellent game, IMHO. A great storyline. Wonderful 3rd person perspective and animations that let you enjoy seeing as well as controlling your character, and 3 converging story arcs as seen from each of the 3 player characters you chose. It was very true to the Trek universe, but was fast paced and filled with action. I enjoyed working on the game so much, that I spent nearly 3 years producing an unofficial sequel, named the same as my username here. It is definitely worth a look if you haven't played it. (Both the original, and the sequel).

19. The Infamous Mr D

The Infamous Mr D Minimodder

Uh, hello? What about ST: 25th Anniversary? That was a Star Trek game, and that was awesome.

And ST: Bridge Commander was awesome provided you installed a load of 3rd party mods, as the vanilla game was pretty poor.

20. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Starfleet Command, SFC2, SFC3

Are you on that rainy little island? Was SFC not released there?
    It was the best starship combat simulator made.
    Only EVE has surpassed the starship combat and that is an MMO, a different animal.

I am wondering how far back your PC gaming experience goes back because Bridge commander was pretty decent and as mentioned above ST 25th was good as well.

Hoping that STO will be Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

Tags: Add Tags