1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia dismisses AMD's Batman accusations

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 3 Oct 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. she'shighvoltage!

she'shighvoltage! What's a Dremel?

...wow, fail and then some.
    "WELL YOU'RE AT FAULT BECAUSE WE DIDN'T GET ENOUGH TIME"

3. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

so the game was rushed, or semi-rushed? from what i'm understanding, that's the case

4. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

They should kiss and make up and release a patch.
    I'm really annoyed being caught up in this damn'd company politics. First physX, now AA.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

How is that even work? Nvidia doesn't own the tech rights to AA.

6. Goty

Goty Minimodder

This really isn't a response to AMD's claims at all; If anything it's just a sidestep.

AMD claims that NVIDIA actively blocked them from working with developers on the game and NVIDIA says that there just wasn't time to test on ATI hardware. That's not the same thing!

7. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

As part of 'the way it's meant to be played program' Nvidia send in their engineers to work with the developer and Ati don't. They couldn't possibly share what they had done to get AA with Ati due to the fact that it possibly could have made the game unplayable on Ati hardware. and if that had happened their would have been all HELL TO PAY. Don't forget that games cost millions to develop, can you imagine if they broke it, GET THE HELL OUTTA MY STUDIO AND NEVER COME BACK ! lol.

8. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

No. Nvidia are probably just pulling a "Call of Juarez"...
    It wouldn't surprise me if a patch came out after all the reviews were done...

Not many sites go back and re-review a game again......

9. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Agree.

And then this:
    Why use GFWL?

10. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

Looks like AMD isn't willing to improve their own developer relations program and rather they would prefer to complain about the extremely successful NVIDIA program. It seems this time around they didn't have time to test this AA mode on ATI hardware but then again this is NVIDIA here so there may have been more insidious motives.

11. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

What's next? Nvidia telling developers to exclude DX11 versions of games until their hardware is out in the marketplace?

"We didn't have time to implement the DX11 code due to tight release deadlines......"

I guess it's to be expected if one company or another are throwing money at software developers to get an edge, but i just wish the developer would be able to concentrate on optimising the software for the latest hardware out there, regardless of who manufactures it. Although, now we have mostly console ports it's debatable whether any new PC GPU hardware will be fully exploited in the near future.

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

this is the problem, ATI should stop complaining and get a developer support program setup, that way, the customer gains.

13. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Games take years to develop, so it seems Nvidia are to blame because they engaged with the developer whilst AMD didn't bother at any point during those years. Unless Nvidia are paying for the development, they can't legally block a rival from working with the developer. The developer can block ATI's driver bods, but Nvidia can't.

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yay! More nVidia bashing!

If AMD wants their cards to be supported properly by games maybe they should stop whining and start a program similar to TWIMTBP. That way they could block nVidia support and we would have a world in which you can only play half the games due to artificial limitations by the graphics card manufacturers.

Sure, nVidia wasn't unhappy about the fact that AMD hardware isn't fully supported but if AMD set up their own team properly they could possibly work together and make games enjoyable for everyone... no matter what hardware you have.

15. LonDom

LonDom What's a Dremel?

Its pathetic, EA released a game that wasnt out of beta testing, jesus the tuning resets if replay a race. But the ATI thing is has to stop they also need a TWIMTBP program.

my 2 cents.

16. Pterodon

Pterodon What's a Dremel?

False.
    UE3 does not support MSAA on DX9 HARDWARE. Does not exist any driver workaroud to do that, its tecnically impossible. What you can see with Dx9 HW is not MSAA, its just blur.
    But it has to support MSAA on Dx10/10.1 and Dx11 cards, without any workaround. Its standard support. And in B:AA the MSAA with DX10/Dx10.1 hardware only works wiht nVidia cards.

17. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I'm disliking nvidia more and more at the moment with their physx, their naming scheme, that false graphics card they were demoing and now this...

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i agree completely, people should look at ATI/AMD's strategy of bashing competitors and think how to make sure the customer get most out of their card.

nVidia is doing their part by investing and working with developers for a better gaming experience. nothing wrong with this and should not receive internet hatred for trying to improve the gaming experience.

in the end, you are not going to care which company trys to block the other. all customers should care is that the cards they've bought work with all the features, and nVidia have delivered that.

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The only problem I have with this is this: Nvidia's TWIMTBP program is proprietary, if it was open to all that would be fine. But it clearly isn't.

The other thing that really bothers me is how unrealisitc some of you are, well in terms of ATI should get a program like this. They do, they have developer support, it's just not paraded around like Nvidia.

That said, it does give me a bit of incentive to buy an Nvidia card.

20. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Exactly.

And if AMD have a programme like TWIMTBP, why keep it so secret? The only game I recall seeing an ATI logo on in my whole collection is Call of Juarez.

Tags: Add Tags