1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Stardock slams Games For Windows Live

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Oct 2009.

1. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I actually don't mind GFWL. I had several 360's over the period of 18 months and generated some 10,000+ gamerpoints. Thankfully the last 360 has been disposed of, gone to deafen and fail on someone else, but GFWL allows me to continue to grow my gamer score without the indignity of using a 360. Once you have one GFW account you can use it for every GFWL game and once it is installed it updates through Windows Update - at least in Vista - so it isn't much of a problem.

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

That's the whole problem, the above is MS's reasoning exactly. The point is not that it doesn't work, the point is it's forced on me. I dont WANT a gamerscore, i dont WANT a GFW account, and i certainly dont want microsoft to database everything i do. It's not optional though, so you either get with the program, or dont play at all.

3. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

I didn't have any trouble with GFWL, neither in Batman, Warhammer, or Resident evil 5.
    I just installed the game, and it used my previously-setup account that was saved on the computer.
    No hassles.

It can be criticised : for DoW II when I want to play Coop with a friend, the invitations screen doen't have any form of autocomplete, as well as some other stupid UI stuff.

Steam is easier and more firendly to use, that I'll agree with (provided you have a beefy connection)

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

GFWL started off as a good concept but then MS dropped the ball :(

5. impar

impar Minimodder

6. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

If GFWL became the only option I would stop playing new games. Luckily I do not see steam going away so at least I could still play a few games.

Tags: Add Tags