1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs What Makes You Quit Multiplayer Games?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

I left WoW because of the massive change in gameplay that it's gone through in the last year or so. I suppose that makes it a personal choice because lots of people still play religiously, but I felt the game had changed so much it wasnt what I enjoyed anymore.

That being said, the reason I stayed for so long in the first place was community and online friends. I suspect this is the case for a lot of multiplayers out there. No point shifting over to a new game if all the people you enjoy playing with are sticking around on another one!

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The main reason I leave is because I get bored. Once you're pretty good with every weapon, master of a couple, played every map so you can prefire every hiding point without thinking, I've had enough.

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I stopped playing WoW because it stopped being fun. What I really enjoyed in that game was exploring new places and working through quests with friends. End game instance runs became a grind for items rather than for fun so I quit.

5. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

2 MMO's i loved but wont ever go back to for roughly the same reason
    Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies.
    In both games they have changed drastically from when they were launched, not just the content wise but actual gameplay wise.

In general the "dumbing" down is what puts me off most MMO's in the long run. They start off a challenge and require teamwork and some thought to be good at, then the whining masses come in and everything gets ten times easier so old man joe can do it by himself.

Currently playing eve online and hoping to hell they dont go the same way as everyone else

6. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

with me it's in stages.... play the single player game, then check out the multiplayer for a bit and its on to the next one.

halo 3 multiplayer is the only one i really good back to now and again, main because there match making system is damn good and even if i having picked it up in 3 months, i can jump right in and after about 5 games it feels like i never left :)

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

:eyebrow:

8. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

lol sorry not a reference to you just a saying that probably only i use:D

9. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I have the attention span of an ADD suffering tick on coke, I'd say more but I'm bored now.

10. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

idiots, nothing will send me packing faster than a hoarde of idiots, and just boredom the main reasons i'll shelve a game. Mindless repetitive tasks can only keep me entertain for so long.

11. -VK-

-VK- Lurker

I stopped playing WoW because I didn't get enjoyment from it anymore. I've since started playing Red Alert 3 and I'm really enjoying it.

12. Jaffo

Jaffo What's a Dremel?

For the games I've played a lot online (Action Quake 2, Medal of Honour, Operation Flashpoint) it's been the case that the friends and communities I enjoyed playing the game with dwindled away to play other games, forcing me to try something else.

13. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

No P90 yet? Keep playing, that gun makes you smile. Silenced one even more so.

14. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

I haven't stopped playing any game I've got.
    I return to them every once in a while when I have a spare couple of hours (which isn't that often, admittedly) and play whichever one I fancy.

If anything, Life stops me playing :'(

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Too much a spray+pray cannon tbh... Ruins hardcore mode half the time... :(

16. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I use it when I wanna play as a ghost (no radar etc) :)

17. el_diablo_72

el_diablo_72 What's a Dremel?

To be honest, in most multiplayer RPG's I get sick of there being no content for people who cannot be bothered to form a group or a raid and wait for everyone to get together.

That and a 12 year old kid yelling into his microphone that there is a damn bee in his room!

18. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

Usually It's because of my "I find next game that I'll play for months and suddenly stop one day because there's a NEW game that I like" syndrome.
    Really. I played almost all MP games for months and then suddenly stop just because I start to like this new awesome game.

19. bpdlr

bpdlr High-frequency bogon emitter

Most people leave MMOs because they reach the cap level and find there's little or no end-game content. This is why I'm excited about Aion, because it's been going for a year or more in China and Korea already, and has an established end-game.

But the people you play with also make a big difference. If half your guild leaves, the game can die for you even if there's still more to do in the game.

20. Deadwolf

Deadwolf What's a Dremel?

I leave due to time constraints... i do what i can in the time i have, but some of the levels up, extra weapons, or medals awards take so much time to get there really is no point.
    Other games require you to be team player for some rewards, and i dont' have time to meet people and ask for help. I am there to play the game becuase i like the game play and not to be a social bee.
    Computer or Peer player, your all going to get a head shot which is the fun part of the game, not being buddy buddy with Sally or Sid...

Tags: Add Tags