1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on secluded places in london - urgent

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Radical_Monkey, 9 Oct 2009.

1. Radical_Monkey

Radical_Monkey Dremel > Lightsabre

Hey all,

I would like some advice on a place to take my girlfriend tomorrow. Shes been really stressed lately and not in the best of moods, so wanted to take her out somewhere away from the busy-ness that is London. I dont want to go to any public parks or anything like that as there's still a lot of people around and noise.

Ive been looking on google maps, searching forums and asking mates but either people dont want to give away their secret places (which I understand) or there arent any (which I find hard to believe).

Ive got a car so getting to places is not a problem, and I was thinking of a place that overlooks some part of London maybe so even if the weathers bad and it gets cold we can atleast sit in the car and enjoy the view. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Oh and if you dont want to tell everyone on the forums about your secret place you can PM if you feel that would be better :)

Thanks in advance
    Radical_Monkey

*edit* I forgot to add, it would be better if it was somewhere without many people, or rather with hardly any, somewhere very peaceful and quiet

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

3. Radical_Monkey

Thanks for the idea :) but I was hoping for somewhere away from the hussle and bussle of central london, somewhere we can stay for a very long time and just unwind

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I don't even remotely know london - I've been there once in the last.. five years.

However, http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=130608 They seem to know the place - And the last post mentions a few things that sound remotely similar to what you're after.

5. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

6. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

biggin hill its a pity you're doing it tomorrow and not tonight though as if you taken a couple of pairs of decent binoculars you would have been able to see the moon plume after the explosion.

ignore this apparently I got my times wrong and it happened at midday not midnight as i thought

Last edited: 9 Oct 2009
  7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Church graveyards are good. Generally pleasant environments, and quiet. Not good for people in a morbid state of mind though.

London Aquariums, on Monday mornings. Kew Gardens, same time. Hyde Park is huge, so you won't run into too many people on weekdays.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

DimT, London Bridge area. Very nice, lovely food.

9. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

Hampstead heath, there are some very secluded places there if you look hard enough.

Moriquendi

10. Radical_Monkey

Hey thanks for all the advice guys!

Ended up going out of London in the end lol, she already had somewhere in mind she wanted to visit (here), was a very good weekend and she loved it :)

Ill defo keep your suggestions in mind for next time, thanks again :)