1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 4890 toxic

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eng.ahmedhelal, 18 Oct 2009.

1. eng.ahmedhelal

eng.ahmedhelal What's a Dremel?

hi

i will try to be happy as i can

i have very small problem i think that i will sell the card or just explode it , so i have a pretty (don't send) message at gaming like crysis ( Reckoning mission ) and some hanging on 3dmark advantage , so is it that card 4890 toxic or drivers or dragon technology or power or what ?!

note :

1- overclocking speed this madness

2- after this i also tried to install catalyst 9.5 and 9.9 over it and 9.6 and 9.9 over it

my beautiful PC

hardware

955be phenom

790xt-ud4p gigabyte

4890 toxic sapphire

2*2 ddr3 1333mhz Kingston

640 hd western digital blue

hec-600te-2wx @ 52a @ +12v

software

7 & vista for 32 & 64 bit

catalyst 9.10 & 9.9 & 9.8 & 9.6

it will be appreciated to be Loaned tnt may be it relieves me from my misery

thanks and sorry for my English I'm Arabian

i suspect the power supply specially the card's board made by amd not sapphire so it suppose to be best made
    i just try to take the best shot by help of your's

Last edited: 19 Oct 2009
  2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

try it all at stock speeds.. I think the translation might be off- but I think you say your overclocking? that power supply looks like it's 22a and 30a on the 12v.. never heard of that ps

you can narrow it down using programs like prime 95 on blend, memtest.. can also use 3dmark in loops- if it's locking up on the cpu part of the test (I suspect) then you'll have to work on the memory some in the bios

if your having issues at stock with defaults loaded in the bios, the power supply could possibly be the source of the problem, assuming your not trojaned, spyware, ect.. there's alot of factors really, if you can re-create an error, then you can narrow things down on the software end

if it's random, your usually looking at hardware or bios

3. eng.ahmedhelal

eng.ahmedhelal What's a Dremel?

i have every thing at stock speed ( i mean overclock make it happen faster ) , clean pc & latest bios
    i had 275gtx just before this and nothing of this even at over clock 750/1600/1300 & cpu @ 3.7/2.3nb & ht
    so what?!
    thanks

4. Jejking

Jejking Who's the man?

Read your temperatures with GPU-Z, if those get unhealthy you may have found the cause of your problems.