1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows 7 more popular than Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 22 Oct 2009.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

get the 64bit version! 32bit versions are for netbooks only!

2. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

Of course it's more popular than Harry potter. In an ideal world, the plague would be more popular than Harry Potter.

3. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

+1

I never had any issues with Vista that I couldn't get around easily. The biggest problem Vista had was all the numptys who haven't even tried it telling everyone who will listen about how crap it is.

4. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

* SLAP *

5. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

No the biggest problem with Vista is that it offered no compelling reason for anyone to upgrade from XP. Sure, people who used it often liked it, but not enough to justify the upgrade cost.

6. TWeaK

TWeaK Guest

Gotta love being a student. £30 for one copy, and my uni has different forms of the same email address so I've got multiple codes!

7. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

first thing i did before even installing drivers was switch UAC off.
    running Ultimate 64Bit

8. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Good to know we're already considered fan boys. It's a sign you acknowledge our existence! :cooldude:

I'll consider getting it later on...

9. Comet

Comet What's a Dremel?

Most of the time, if you build a good product people will come. Windows 7 is such a product and hopefully it will drive PC sales back to the spotlight. This is the right moment for a good investment on a new desktop, portable or whatever PC.
    Lots of new technologies like USB 3.0 coming out. The new and more affordable processors from AMD and INTEL. Affordable graphics cards that deliver way above performance than the current available consoles.
    The big winner will be Microsoft, but the ecosystem that surrounds this product is so vast that it is enough to boost the economy even if just a bit.

I recently built a very affordable $360 media center for my living room with Windows 7. Me and my family are loving it.
    Running Batman Arkham Asylum with everything up with a great resolution.

10. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

All I know is, I don't want Microsoft deciding the refresh rate of my monitors, if I'm still running CRTs that work. With XP I can push to the full 100Hz and that's cool, with Vista, MS assumed the whole world was running a TFT. Hoping that 7 doesn't contain the same restriction - though the only delay to my buying it, is buying 2 extra gigs of RAM first of all so I can go 64-Bit.

11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I tried 64-bit but it had weird memory leaks with Firefox, IDM and my laptop's fingerprint reader.

32-bit is good enough for me, I mean I'd rather have 3.5 gigs of usable RAM than 4 gigs of RAM that's being buggered by memory leaks from wayward programs (two of which are indispensable to me).

12. Richh999

Richh999 Small Time Modder

Same, except I got the 64bit version, I also am waiting on some other free copies from a friend from when I was at microsoft..
    I now just need to look at the budget so I can upgrade to 6GB DDR3 and i7..

13. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

i would(do) run UAC on level 2 its not annoying at all (drivers and software install notify only and No dark screen so no delay) level 3 has dark UAC prompt (default setting so there could be an delay) Level 4 is Vista Full UAC (any thing that needs admin or mostly any system settings changes)

the thing is UAC or No UAC Norm users are going to install Crap or botnets spyware adware any way (Trust me i remove a lot of it from my customers) UAC does limit it an little but it end when they press alow or yes(as adware is becoming UAC aware it bypass it once you have allowed it to run it )

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I could ask the MS employees who work the company I work for to "organize" me a free Win7...

Tags: Add Tags