1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 5870 or wait for Fermi?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by klutch4891, 11 Oct 2009.

1. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

now your just being ignorant, 80+ is a third party, just like all the other review sites out there. Considering that every power supply built in the past 3 years wears one of their badges I'm sure they are more credible. The PCP&P unit has an 84% eff, proven by 80+, Anandtech, and Guru. As for HX650 the results are still out but 80+ has it at 83%.

It is highly unlikely that a card with a single 8pin or 2x8pin is unlikely to ever happen. Which is why 4x8pin is pointless, the most someone will ever need is 2x6pin+2x8pin, or 4x6pin.

2. trig

trig god's little mistake

lmao...you aren't even making any sense now...the 80 plus PROGRAM (not company) doesnt test, they provide incentives that are funded by electric utilities to earn the different ratings...guru found the hx to be more efficient...so what exactly are you argueing here? and who cares if it is likely to happen? the point is, when it does, the hx has the capability...do me a favor and don't post senseless garbage...you tried to sound intelligent about something that you obviously don't know enough about...move on...ignorant...yeah, i'm the one that sounds ignorant...i wont bother responding to any more of your posts on the subject. the hx is the better unit, sorry...

Last edited: 26 Oct 2009
  3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I'm not *quite* sure what you guys are arguing about, but jonnyguru.com hasn't reviewed the HX650W (yet) and 80plus.org was initiated by the EPA as far as I know. Just thought I'd throw that in there... :)

4. bagman

bagman Minimodder

from what i hear the pcp&p is a very noise psu as it uses a 80mm fan rather than than the quiter 120mm which the corsair uses and they are very quiet

5. Kyocera

Kyocera The Garden of Evil

Let me advise you; buy the new Enermax Gold Revolution 450W, 550W, 650W units or the Seasonic X range (650W and 750 W).
    You'll solve all the doubts, since they are the best on the market.

Enermax's Magma fan has a magnetic barer to be extra silent.

6. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

The Seasonic X-Series might be best of class (the Enermax Revolution not *quite* so), but in either case you pay about twice the money than for a Corsair HX650W.

7. Kyocera

The ones that had the X series from Seasonic in their hands were awed by it!!!

Corsair is as Astra; reliable, sturdy, great price; some better models are as Golf.

Last edited: 26 Oct 2009
  8. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Surely so, but at twice the price it's really a non-starter. Either way you'll end up with a Seasonic-built PSU, and that's not bad by a long shot.

9. Kyocera

In build advices I usually put in Corsair.

For those that request premium sound I opt for Seasonic.

10. trig

me either lol...i think he is trying to say the pc&p silencer is a better buy than the hx650, but i dont know anymore. the epa might have been part of it, but it is funded by special interest groups and electric utilities.

they did the hx850, which, again, is essentially the same unit from what i understand.

11. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

I have to agree that it is unlikely that you'll ever need 4x8 pin. But I would still take the Corsair over PCP&C because 1. the Corsair is modular and 2. I've heard that PCP&C are much louder.

12. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

Maybe it's time for you guys to starts a PSU thread and let this get back on topic.

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

what's there to talk about on-topic?

5870 if you want it now
    wait if you have a good-enough card

off-topic: thanks for info about Hx620 is EOL, hope if i RMA it in the future, i can get a Hx650

14. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

Well until Fermi comes out there isn't anything else to talk about, and personally I'd rather keep this on the front page than have 100 threads about it like we do for "New 24 Inch Monitor". Besides we already have a recommended PSU thread.

15. trig

yes sir, that would be awesome...