1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I finally have sane internet access in halls - I can get email from thunderbird again <3

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

finally in my final year of uni and loving every second of it, my coffee, and the most perfect girl friend soon to be 4 years together.

Also the love hate relationship i have with ubuntu currently, its surprisingly fun.

3. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

I'm trying it now too, and I have to say - if I could get wine to run games a bit better I'd have little reason to go back to Windows.

4. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

[​IMG]

That also makes my life awesome most days...

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

That I'm not constantly too warm anymore.

6. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

The hugely busy social life I seem to have crafted for myself (I have 7 different parties/places to be tonight... I'm managing three of them...). My car which though it costs me a bomb still makes me grin like an idiot when I walk up to it every day. The new server parts that arrived yesterday.

And the most precise and recent? Driving home from work on a near empty motorway with a new haircut, aviators on, though a recently removed 50mph limit, meaning I can now do 70mph again, as a gorgeous sunset broke behind me, listening to Hot Chips 'Ready For The Floor' Maida Vale recording turned up loud, with the heater on full and the windows down... thinking life doesn't get any better.

Ohh and going out last night and finally (after around 5 years of teaching myself) being able to talk to anyone I saw, hold conversations with whoever was about, and generally being looked to as someone who knew what they were doing instead of shyly hiding in the background...

RwD

7. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

sounds like your sorted chap!

8. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Have just been invited to a consultancy recruitment event with a four-course meal at Le Manoir :D

And I just bought a Toyota Hilux.

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Here's a question; what happens if a Toyota Hilux goes through the scrappage scheme?

10. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Girlfriend is awesome, getting more photography work, learning new stuff at uni, good food, good drinks, life.
    Looking forward to winter. Wrapping up is awesome!

I enjoy life right now, first time I've been able to say that in a good while.

11. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

@Burnout: Heh taa d00de - that comment made me smile. I've still got a few things to work on - been single for 2 years and always feel more content in a relationship, and my job doesn't pay enough for to let me move out of my parents, but trying to work on both of those things at the moment. Have to say the past few weeks I've been in the most hyperactive outgoing generally fun mood I've ever managed to achieve, which is nice. Hope the rest of you guys are enjoying life too - or if you aren't that it will get better soon!

To add two things to that: Someone asked if I was John, from John and Edward last night which made me giggle in retrospect today, and I managed to construct a decent description of my situation for this evening using a larger vocabulary than I normally would - self education Cheesecake!

'I'm immoderately underprepared to undertake the task of attempting to affect a befitting outfit for the pre-planned celebrations of this fantastically over-hyped ever shortening evening.'

RwD

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

it eats the scrappage scheme for breakfast and drives away!

13. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

My car,the sound and feel of vtec at 7000rpm is awesome, always cheers me up. Being told on the side by manager at work that my promotion has gone through, but won't receive the letter for a few weeks, now a proper consultant! oh yeah!

14. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

What happens if a Toyota Hilux hits Chack Norris then?

15. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

the universe stops to exist, and all that is left in the blackness floating are every single toyota hilux produced and chuck norris, not forgetting millions of plastics bags and AK-47's

mvagusta and ch424 like this.
  16. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Hahahaha :D

++rep;

17. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

nothing

18. Agamer

Agamer Minimodder

I just completed the first programming assignment of the year for university and it even works ;) and I Have a lovely girlfriend who I couldn't be happier with.

19. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Listening to the Band Of Brothers Soundtrack in FLAC

20. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

A good woman since 1975. Enough said.