1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As much as I hate to say this...

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Solidus, 27 Sep 2009.

1. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

I couldnt agree more with them 2 statements, Brown was screwed when he got the job but what major mistakes has he caused by himself? I cant name 1.

Personally i dont vote as they refuse to let me vote no confidence in any party. But if i was forced to labour would get my vote.

2. dave_c

dave_c Minimodder

no im afraid hes to blame for alot of things, he was still at the high powered end of govenment even before he became primeminister

3. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

A very frightning scenario - john and edward style politicians would be the result, incapable of running the local car park never mind the country. The failure of current politicians is no reason to replace one bad system with a worse one?

4. Oclocker

His current cannabis balls up is one, expenses another.

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

The current cannabis balls up is not his. It's johnson's. D'you honestly think that every single decision made by a government minister is personally OK'd by the PM? Secondly, the expenses claims scandal goes back years, and exists throughout the spectrum of political parties. It's not very realistic to blame it solely on a man who's only been in office for a couple of years, and who personally took a pay freeze and has pushed for pay freezes in parliament, not to mention rejecting his (rather large) pension on moral grounds.

6. Oclocker

Gordon browns religious viewpoint was the driving force behind the reclassification of cannabis &
    I'd prefer a secular evaluation of this than his.

7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

lets not forget that positive action from Brown and Darling saved the world economy from complete meltdown. While the US was crippled with indecision and infighting they took the decision to inject money into the banks which forced the US to do the same.

Brown might have messed up a lot of things but that is one he got epically right and he does not get enough credit for.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I'm not at all sure about that. I think that the opinion of the Daily Mail reader is the driving force. Votes mean prices.