1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Prince of Persia

Discussion in 'General' started by Mickenoss, 3 Nov 2009.

1. Mickenoss

Mickenoss What's a Dremel?

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

i am afraid i have to sceptically give that a "errrrm...nooo"

Jerry Bruckheimer as Producer is potentially good.
    Mike Newell as the director is bad.
    and Jake Gyllenhaal (the OTHER brokeback cowboy - the one that didn't win 15 million posthumous oscars)

basically - PG13, no boobies, no action... also - no sequel the way it looks now, as the sequels are too dark...

Edit: Think Harry potter with a cowboy... and lots of romance... and no violence... and basically losing out on everything that could make this movie awesome...

but then... Jerry might save it... though i have doubts.

3. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Totally agree with you on that one!! It will be bad. Though I honestly think that I will go watch it, just to see if I spot the cameo of barney the dinosaur in the shower room scene.

I will say that there is a good chance that there be a sequel simple due to the fact the Disney will realize just how terrible it will be, and then try to cover it up with a follow up! :wallbash: [/vent]

4. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

Have you guys noticed how ripped Jake Gyllenhaal is in this film?!
    Bit of a difference from Donnie Darko,

Seriously though I'm quite looking foward to the film, it might be a tad awful but hopefully in an enjoyable kind of way...

5. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Lame. I am very disappointed.

Ben Kingsley needs to vet roles much more carefully. He's not going broke is he?

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

M'eh.

I'd want Jordan Mechner to handle it, but he basically lost all control after the first script draft.

7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Looks like a cross between 300 and Assassin's Creed - the bit at the beginning of the trailer where he jumps off the top of the tower is a complete rip-off of AC, especially the 360 degree pan before he jumps.

It'll probably be a reasonable "please leave your brain outside" kind of film...but nothing to get excited about.

8. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I'll give it a go.

Lets put it this way - I didn't think much of a film based on a lame Disneyland ride, but then it turned out to be brilliant (the first one - the sequels where unnecessary, much like the Matrix)

For full disclosure though, I do have a soft spot for the Prince of Persia games - and I quite like Gemma Arterton :naughty: :)

9. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

If a movie based on a lame ride can turn out so good, I'll wager a movie based on a stunning game can be horrible botched. And I'm sorry, Gemma Arterton is hot but she is not suited for the role. They've butchered the plot anyway.