1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 MW2 - thoughts anyone?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Flibbles, 17 Nov 2009.

1. Mr Flibbles

Mr Flibbles I'm not part of the solution....

So after much waiting for the arrival, pre-ordered but didnt queue at the store at midnight. (I prefer my sleep)

got the game home and was UM-ing and Ar-ing about which to play first, spec-ops, the game or go online. After a few minutes I started playing the standard game, and was impressed from the outset. graphics were wicked, game play (played on harden, after a second attempt at the training run) was awesome imo. the new guns also very impressive. Duel weilding guns, reminding me of the levels of Max Payne. The story line was good and couldnt help thinking was that Lance Henrickesion's voice?? (Excuse the spelling) The old characters from COD 4 still making an apperance. Neuclear bombs on american soil - Who would have thought it?!?!

Plot twists and action. generally a good game. The spec ops section was awesome, single and 2 player co-ops, gutting it out against the clock, hundreds of enemies, thermal scopes and silenced sniper rifles (Nice addition to to the game)

The online, I was not overally impressed with, it seemed that you only played a few levels. The AC-130 and chopper were annoying getting killed so many times got increasingly frustrating. (maybe I need to practice a bit more), There were not many places to set up sniper spots, which is good in my eyes, better to run around and throw semtex on peoples backs and watch as they run around. :D

The additional guns, and the mods - 2 attachements is awesome!! but some of the perks, were a little confusing to start with. but glad they have got rid of the Juggernaught Perk. (That was extremely annoying for me)

After a few days of playing a couple of hours here and there, it was strangly depressing to see the world ranking and people had already obtained the highest rank. I know there are hard core gamers out there, but even to me that's a bit sad.

I have had mixed reviews from a few of my friends, one even took the game back after queuing up at midnight to get it, played for 6 hours took it back and went back to play Halo. which the online game play reminds me of. the Kill streaks, double,triple kills, revenge kills and not forgetting Payback always nice to have that **** you in a game.

So has anyone else got any thoughts on this game?

2. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Oh look, another MW2 thread...how many is that now?

3. Mr Flibbles

yes another, but I havent seen anyone reviewing the gameplay, online etc

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

You can just look at the review.

Oh and for me: too expensive/10.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Very much enjoying it, on the last act of the campaign on veteran, done a few special ops and done loads of multiplayer, up to level 51 now.

I would say the opposite of you and say the things like the choppers and AC130s are now useless. Choppers were a real problem on CoD 4, not in this one though, as soon as you unlock stingers they're easy to take down. I had the enemy send in about 4 choppers/harriers/etc one after the other which I took down without them firing off a single shot.

Not so keen on the maps, I think they do need some more.

Love all the new perks/pro perks, challenges, attachments, etc. Very glad they changed martyrdom/juggernaut into death streak perks.

6. Haramzadeh

Haramzadeh Son of Sin

The only problem I have is that I really really stink at MP. I mean I'm just terrible. Even in CS:S I was terrible. You kids are just so friggin fast, to me the games move at lightning speed and it always feels like a mad dash and I get shot in the face before I even realize where I am.

7. October

October Mariachi Style

Aww I like martyrdom...so satisfying to get a +5 at the end of a kill-cam :lol:

8. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

lol don't you get martyrdom as a death streak item.

So you must be getting killed a lot.

9. Mr Flibbles

I would agree here, I would like a really good sniper level. cause at the minute i'm just running around with my assault rifle and throwing knives and semtex on people. :rock:

NB: I have since changed my mind on the AC-130 got a good kill streak last night 12 in a row, and oblitrated the other team.

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

i singed the petition, i wonted dedicated servers like everyone, but after all my mates at college not shutting up about how epic it is, and very good reviews, So i ended up buying, and living it!!!

SP is even more epic that COD4 and my god is it intense... none stop the hole way though, with out going into it to much, it isn't 4 hours long like alot of people was saying, it taken me around 7 hours which is around the same as COD4.
    IW.net its not terrible, but by no means good... around 2 in 10 games lag for me and i have to leave, but the main thing is i cant choose the map i wont to play on.

all in all, im loving this game and i cant see me stop playing this for a loooooooong time!

*PRO TIPS*
    riot shield + throwing knife = SO MUCH FUN
    AC-130 in MP is "da bomb" (bad pun intended)

[i got the PC version BTW]

Last edited: 18 Nov 2009
  11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Did quite a few of the spec-ops with my friend today on veteran, great fun. Highlight was probably doing Wetworks and realising that I hadn't switched weapons when I went to breach. Ended up bursting through the door with a rocket launcher. Doesn't quite have the precision required for picking out enemies among hostages:p

12. October

October Mariachi Style

I was talking about the original, haven't picked up 2 yet :thumb:

13. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Well, interesting story really, My bro picked me up a copy when it was £26 in the morrisions. However when he gave it to my my wife found out and took it off me and said its for xmas :(

I did play my brothers copy online for 3 hours while he was here and was actually enjoying it. I now own COD 3/4/5/6 but never played any of them for more than 1 hour. But MW2 is felling pretty good.

Seems far too easy to kill people online, just bag a couple of shots and they are dead, then bag your dead before you even blinked lol

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You should try it on hardcore mode

15. Mr Flibbles

@ Veles hardcore deathmatch is good -

But I end up playing the Most Pit, random games everytime.

16. Connor193

Connor193 What's a Dremel?

i think the graphics are realy cartoonie but onley on multiplayer.