1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What Was In Your Kebab?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ryu_ookami, 15 Nov 2009.

1. Azh_fx

Azh_fx sup dawg?

lol sicko

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

+1

Come to think of it, I don't eat much trashy food like that at all. Except Pizza. I'm a sucker for pizza. Damnit, now I want to go to the hut for tea :grr:

It doesn't really surprise me that a Russian kebab shop bought human meat, nor that some homeless russian men killed someone for food. It's a messed up world. Life is hard and then you die ;) :hehe:

3. Haramzadeh

Haramzadeh Son of Sin

Kebab really isn't that 'trashy'. It's just ground meat. It can be healthy or not depending on the quality and 'lean'-ness of the meat used. I don't know the fat content of homeless Russian men, but I'm sure its pretty lean meat.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Clearly you two have not walked by - Steaming drunk - A kebab shop at three in the morning, starving hungry.

5. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Even off my face I wouldn't touch a kebab.

But, you know, each to their own.

Also, the 'costs an arm and a leg' joke is the best thing I've seen all year :worried:

Last edited: 17 Nov 2009
  6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's not as bad as the chocolate cake iced with human **** they had served down the road from me in Cardiff

7. liratheal

It really depends on your level of "ICANNOTSEE" drunk >.>

If I drink for five hours, I too resist the kebab shop. However, seven hours or more and well.. It's tempting. Eight hours and I'm crawling, so for me there's a very fine line between sleeping in the pub, and being in a kebab shop - But it is there. It's there for everyone, you just need to find it :p

Mainly so you can avoid it.

8. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i live in a student city (leuven) , so there is a kebab shop on every corner, next to a pizza restaurant and over the night shop. there is a whole culture in drinking and eating kebab at crazy hours here, and the only real concurrent is the so called bickyburger.

9. Mr Flibbles

Mr Flibbles I'm not part of the solution....

I have recently been finding myself walking into Greggs and getting a pasty at 3 in the morning, cheaper and tastes better.

10. liratheal

Your greggs is open at 3am!?

That is so not fair. The one here shuts at half five :/

11. Mr Flibbles

Late night Greggs from 10pm till 3-4am on Thurs(i think), Friday & Saturday.

Nottingham rules!!:D

12. liratheal

You gits!

Best we get at that time of the morning is Cottage Chicken - think kebab shop, but with chicken instead of kebab meat, kebab trailers and a Hello Boss (They actually do say that, it's fun!) kebab van.

13. Mr Flibbles

We have those aswell, moulin rouge is one of the best places for kebab and chips with hot chilli sauce.

But then again we have subway open till late aswell........

14. liratheal

Our subway is supposed to be open late, but most of the time they clock off before kicking out time at the pub. I can see why, but it's so annoying. That's the most decent place to eat that's open past six in the evening.

15. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Garlic bread special++
    I don't know if its a weird northern thing but they are awesome - garlic bread covered in chips and kebab with garlic sauce. Best Thing Ever. and a small one is so filling!

16. Unicorn

Not in a very long time! Also, I think kebab shops are less common here than they are in England. Yes, your average chip shop does kebabs but if I go to a dry cleaners I'm looking something cleaned. If I walked into a chip shop at some ungodly hour, I'd usually be buying chips :hehe:

17. liratheal

I wish they weren't as common here. On my trip home from the pub, on a weekend, I walk past something like six kebab shops/vans/trailers.

It's like it's the only foodstuff here or something.

18. Unicorn

For many students it probably is ;) I know a guy who was verging on overweight when he went to University. After one year studying (apparently) and living in Scotland he was very overweight. I've never seen anyone change in appearance so much in a year.

19. liratheal

I think I've lost weight since being here, simply because there is absolutely no choice but to walk everywhere, and it's a good 25 minutes to town/uni, and shopping requires a strong arm to carry it all back (About ten minutes walk) :D

I don't know how anyone could eat kebabs that often, really. I've had a couple since being here, but have rapidly gone off the idea of ever having another one. It was actually my first kebab here, all I remember is chilli sauce. I think I asked for a lot..