1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows 7 security courtesy of the NSA

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Nov 2009.

1. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

It doesn't interest conspiracy theorists alone. This also raises a national security issue for every country in the world. If they ever happen to be in some kind of political crisis with the USA, there is always a risk that the NSA can issue a command that will freeze all Windows 7's in the target country. All critical systems are of course isolated but an attack such as that would greatly hinder the civilian computer infrastructure. If Microsoft had been collaborating with the Russian FAPSI or the Chinese MSS, NSA would be trembling in their boots.

2. Shagbag

Shagbag All glory to the Hypnotoad!

3. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

I just hold my other hand infront of the webcam! or wear a Bill Oddy mask!

But no one uses that one, so it was a bit of a waste really. Read the rest of the article next time as it also goes on to say they've worked with many companies including Microsoft for many years.

4. Shagbag

Really? I guess no one told Red Hat.
    No one told Barclays (who use Red Hat).
    No one told Bank of America (who use Red Hat).
    No one told the New York Stock Exchange (who use Red Hat).
    etc. etc.

Once again you've been caught out shooting your mouth off over things you don't understand.

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Considering, if you read the article, it says the NSA helped with Windows XP and Vista, then you're f*cked either way.

:rolleyes:

This discussion is silly IMO..

6. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

lol at conspiracies, we are doomed then if you read correctly they also helped on the security of linux, osx, vista, xp, so lets shutdown everything!

7. Bob1234

Bob1234 What's a Dremel?

Followed by

clean up the mess
    claim it all caused billions in damages
    find a scapegoat to take the fall
    hide incompetence so scapegoat takes the blame for all past mistakes and lack of planning, security and investment

Well, if its in the US anyway.

8. Nodule

Nodule What's a Dremel?

Wow what a lot of pent up rage you have there over anyone who dares prefer MS over Linux. Tell you what - next time you think of posting, say to yourself "It's only a piece of software" 20 times and then consider it again.

9. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

[Delete please]

10. Shagbag

I don't like it when people spread lies about an OS. I will always correct them.

Don't tell me what to do. Why don't YOU stick your head up your a_s_s and say to yourself "it's only a forum" 21 times. Back at you. :clap:

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Why don't you kids just go outside, build a server and stress-test it to see who's got the bigger OS e-penis? :p

After being forced to use Fedora at uni I have to say I can only recommend not touching it to anyone who wants to listen. There are a couple of great *NIX distros out there but, at least for me, Red Hat/Fedora isn't one of them.

12. crazyceo

Once again? You are making yourself look the fool since everytime you open your mouth, the next post corrects your sweeping bias statement completely. Come and put some money into the deep pockets at Microsoft and buy a real OS instead and that freebee "MINORITY" crap you love so much. Just like every other smarter and happier Microsoft customer on the planet. ;-D

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Both of you stop right now.

14. Shagbag

This forum should not be one that allows a windows fanboy to run rampant dissing other operating systems. While I'm happy for people to say why they like an OS, I don't believe it's in the interests of anyone to let someone tell lies, that's why I corrected him and I will continue to do so while he continues to do it. Look at his posting history and you will see he is a Microsoft employee, paid to monitor these forums and promote the interests of Microsoft over all others.

15. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Mmm forum drama.. best served with a fresh side of banhammer.

16. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall

17. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

I love fanboys. Their one-sided view of the world must make their life so simple.

18. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately it is not the jobs of the staff or the moderators to make sure every single bit of information that someone posts is correct, that's unreasonable and while I agree people shouldn't be able to just go rampant and slag off what they hate without good reason or about stuff they know nothing about there's no stopping it unfortunately, there's nothing wrong with defending what you love against lies but you went about it in the wrong way, that argument is only gonna turn into a big fight ending with you two getting the banhammer. Personally I would like to punch him in the face but you need to hold back, calm down and represent the Linux community that have turned to the good side :thumb:

19. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

To add to storms comment its much easier and safer for your account to stick trolls on your ignore list than to bother arguing with them.

20. crazyceo

Quote which lies have been stated and while your at it quote your reason to start the pissing contest in the first place. Don't start crying now you've been shut up.

Tags: Add Tags