1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus refines AMD core unlocking

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Oct 2009.

1. Crazy Buddhist

Crazy Buddhist Minimodder

This is kind of odd because other ASUS boards with the 710 Southbridge DO have this new BIOS revsion listed on the ASUS website:

"M3A79-T Deluxe BIOS 1203
    01. Support ACC "Unleashing Mode".

Maybe when it went in the wild they found the 308 had issues?

I see no other reason why yours hasn't. .. also as I understand it you *should* be able to unleash your cores with the existing BIOS as it has ACC control built in. If you are having trouble unlocking cores ... it could be that you are one of the rare few who actually got a dud core as opposed to one that was merely disabled for marketing reasons.

Matthew

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I checked this with Asus because there's no "0308" (or whatever) specifically, and it's any BIOS THAT IS THAT NUMBER AND BEYOND all support this function. It was an internal document I was allowed to publish bits of, so within Asus they understood what it meant - I should have conveyed this better had I known.

The people I know in Asus insist that it does work, and I really trust they know what they are talking about.

I cant check because we sent a load of Asus boards back recently, but I'll see what the other publications have to check one of their boards on the list myself, when I come back to AM3 in the next few weeks.

3. Crazy Buddhist

Crazy Buddhist Minimodder

This specific board nowhere in the changelog is the change mentioned.

Do you have documents that show for sure later BIOS versions listed for that board support the function even though the change remains unlisted?

I guess we have someone who can try ....

Matthew

4. welshdude1980

welshdude1980 AMD B50 user

That isnt turning a core of.
    That 12-/12+ is acc OC amount. IE 2% Over clock pr core

MSI 785/710 series mobos come with the same princible. In fact theirs come first.
    I was running a B50 @ X3 @ 3.5ghz stable - 12hr prime95.

Its more likey youll get 3 cores running stable than getting all 4.
    But motherboard-Bios are the biggest factor. Like! MSI 770T-C45 only as the ability to unlock all or none. Running a 2-/+ OC can make it even more unstable.

You need to actualy see, Core disabled, or like this 1/2/4 active

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The ones published are all I have - everything after those listed in the news article should support the feature. It's not like they should remove it - no reason.

6. shadow

shadow honky ponky

gigabyte also!

good news m8 :thumb:
    i've found that your mobo (and NOT ONLY this model of gigabyte) also supports such method of unlocking, check this link

7. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

The M4A785TD-M EVO board that I got has a BIOS update which improves the ACC function. It now has a prompt on bootup to press 4 to enable ACC. Version 0910 which was released on the 9th December (I'm slow)

Last edited: 18 Dec 2009
  8. Nuclearstorm

Nuclearstorm What's a Dremel?

I'm running an Athlon II x3 with an Asus m4a77td pro and I've updated my BIOS to v. 1203 and I do not see the Unleashed Mode option in my BIOS, do I need to have v. 0702 or will any version above 0702 do?

9. sak2029

sak2029 What's a Dremel?

Hi i came about the ACC feature and all excited,i have ASUS M4N68T-M mother board,and AMD phenom II X 2 550 processor,my bios version is 0209 and i dont see the advanced ACC feature on my bios. which bios version should i update to achieve quad core upgrade,is it safe to do it.please let me know how do i go about it..I will be very thankful if some one could help me..

10. holy****123

holy****123 What's a Dremel?

omg omg omg i just did this with a triple core amd athlon 3.00 ghz and a m4a88t-m motherboard and its now a quad core phenom II x4 b40 all i did was on boot press 4 on the keyboard and holy crap it works i recommend by a quad core and you get a 6 core i recommend really really do it worth it

Tags: Add Tags