1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard: No Diablo 3 in 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 23 Nov 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

..Diablo 2's out, guys :b

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

jeez by the time this comes out its going to look like a two year old game. having looked at current gameplay vids it looks pretty but not exactly ground breaking, imagine what its going to look like in 2011?!!

4. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Diablo 2 still has one of the greatest art styles and gfx of a game ever, despite the isometric view and low resolutions. This isn't to say I'm disagreeing with you, because I think d3's art style is incredibly unimaginative and as such will age very badly, but we should be careful about focusing on shiny gfx over gameplay and imagination.

5. [PUNK] crompers

couldnt agree more, but this is a AAA big budget title, people are right to expect a certain amount of polish.

in 2011 we shouldn't be looking at a game where you can count the poly's on someone's face, or cylindrical weapons are looking hexagonal. come on guys this isn't even getting released on consoles, push the bar at least a little!

6. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

This is going to look like an N64 game in 2011.

7. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

2011? argh, i wish they hadn't mentioned starcraft 2 and diablo 3 until 6 months before release...well at least I have torchlight atm

8. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Diablo II is opne of my fav games of all time. bring it out now dammit.

guess D2 old school across LAN will have to do and torchlight will tie my over until then.

9. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I hear you. Cant wait anymore for D3. And as other sad Torchlight helps to pass the time until then

10. Orionche

Orionche Guest

Its gonna look beautiful.

Ya know what made D2 so popular? Any idiot could run it, even on really old PCs with 1mb of integrated graphics. ;) All my friends played it at one point. In 2011 you'll be able to run this thing with everything on high on most gaming rigs out there, even the shitty 4-5 year old ones.

They're making it for people who wanna play it, not run benchmarks for their GPUs.:yawn:

11. banshee256

banshee256 What's a Dremel?

Amen to that, brother, amen to that. I worked with StarCraft, Diablo 2 and World of WarCraft. It'll work for Diablo 3.

12. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

honestly this is fine by me we have dragon age to hold us by for a little bit then i may just get torchlight if dragon age starts to bore me

i just hope blizzard get it right as opposed to release it not ready

13. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I don't understand how there were rumors that it would be coming out next year, especially given the delays that starcraft 2 has had. That was announced what, 2 years before diablo 3 was? Anyway, I see Diablo 3 coming out first half of 2012, after all the starcraft 2 eps have been released, and with the Christmas 2011 date missed (again like Starcraft 2).

14. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I don't think there was any rumours, this is effectively non-news and I don't know why it's even being reported.

Blizzard said very clearly many times in interviews earlier this year "Diablo 3 is not a 2010 game".

If anything there are rumours Diablo will be out even later than expected.

15. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ehh I have waited this long, whats a little bit longer lol

16. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

17. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Diablo 2 was the high point of the genre Blizzard invented, we are all looking forward to that level of quality and excellence again. I have no problem waiting, just make it great!

Yours in Demonic Plasma,
    Star¤Dagger

P.S. At least Blizzard found a good use for that Xian mythology!

18. [PUNK] crompers

thats fine and dandy but we're living in a different time now, many people dont even know pc gaming exists to any great level and those that do game on a pc generally have a graphics card. i mean WoW has low requirements but you're gonna need a graphics card even if its a 7300GT or whatever. when D2 came out pc gaming was riding high and gamers in general had more knowledge about pc games (imo)

dont get me wrong i played D2 to death, i fully understand what you mean and i remember a time myself when most of my friends were on battle.net. i just think we're talking about a different ball game nowadays

and in terms of gameplay > graphics i also agree. but at the end of the day i've played elite, the graphics were great for the time but i dont wanna go play another space sim with similar graphics in 2011, thats just a fact of the industry, its part of what drives the industry forwards.

19. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

blizz can only get away with this because they repeatedly produce high caliber games, but they have near 0 motivation to release product in a timely manner.

I would be curious to see what their development time is in relation to other games studios. It seems like they take twice as long.

20. ffjason

ffjason What's a Dremel?

and produce 10 times better games because of that.

Tags: Add Tags