1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ravenheart, 19 Nov 2009.

1. Tonkatoy

Tonkatoy Exiled

ditto,

bought it for the xbox, best game i have played in ages, and i have MW2 and L4D2 on the PC but just dont have the time to play them i just cant stop playing AC2!.

and yes
    Altiar's armour is the sex :p, just saving up for the Altair's sword now!

2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I'm really pleased to see others are enjoying it as much as me, I don't want it to end! I haven't felt like that about a game in ages. One of my mates seems determined to hate it just because he didn't enjoy the first one, so I really want to get out there how enjoyable this game really is!

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

The first one was good, but it just got repetetive. Very quickly. This one though, I'm yet to get bored of it, there's so much to do! I haven't truely enjoyed a game this much in a long time.

I've got MW2 on the 360, and I played and completed the single player, and I just couldn't get into the multi-player side. So it's getting traded in soon. Waiting or my new HDD to arrive tomorrow before I install L4D2.

Kinda wish there was a multi-player side to AC2, even a 2 player part, go round as 2 assassins, taking out multiple targets. Or just taking on as many brutes as possible!! Even a race to assassinate a certain NPC first.

Is it me, or does the story seem like there's a 3rd game planned?
    I mean, you take control of Desmond, and have all the free running aspects outside of the Animus, so what's to say, if there is a 3rd game, we can expect some Mirror's Edge style, modern day assinations? Tbh, that would end the series brilliantly!!
    I just want this game to keep on going! It's that good!!

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

There could be an unending series of games in the series, Ubi have already said they could use the animus to visit any time period (I'm sure there was a news report on it on the front page a couple of weeks back).

Try Batman: Arkham Asylam once you've finished, I enjoyed that just as much as I'm enjoying this one.

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's planned as a trilogy at least, but they'll expand it more if it carries on selling.

Anyway, review tomorrow. I like the game too, but I'm a little bothered that there's so much to do which isn't actually assassinating. I like restoring the villa and hunting for codex stuff and all, but I'm actually playing the game to get the joy of stabbing someone important, you know?

6. Hex

As Joe says, it was always planned as a trilogy from the off.
    Just sneak up on people and assassinate them then. I love hanging off bridges and just grabbing people by the throat and lobbing them in the water in Venice... maybe that says a little too much about me :worried:

There are quite a lot of assassinations to be done though in each area. To be honest, to me killing is killing, I don't care if I'm assassinating someone for Lorenzo or for the main story. I'm loving collecting stuff, I just like that (I only have 4 Kingdom flags left to get in AC for example). Not loving the Assassin's Tombs though. Some are fine, but the ones against the clock are making me smash my controller about and really winding me up. I hate stuff like that. It took me almost an hour to do the Auditore Tomb one, that's when it's not fun for me. Doing the same thing over and over and over. It'd be fine if it wasn't timed and if the camera angle would work out wtf it wants to be. Grrr... had the same issue with Prince of Persia when I was trying to get those fertile ground runs too. I kept being told they were ridiculously easy yet 2 of them I couldn't do before I had to send the game back :( Time me and I screw up, simple as.

7. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Have you completed all the Assassins tombs? There's one in Venice you'll hate then, 4 sections to unlock it, all of them timed. But it's worth it at the end!!

I just completed the assassinations for the Mercenary dude, can't remember his name...Just his sword...Bianca wasn't it? Now waiting for a boat...type thing. 10 years since the game 'started'...It really does take you through time!!

If Ubi can make the 3rd as good as this, and better, then I'll be buying it without any hesitation!!

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

i really wonna pick this up for my PS3, but will have to wait till it drops to around £25ish :(

9. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I do agree, but AC1 came out much later on the PC too, but at least it came with a DX10 renderer and much better visuals. I don't mind them delaying the PC version, as long as they throw something in to make the PC version better.

10. Hex

That's the last one I have left, I had to quit out of it last night for my own sanity... or I'd break the controller and be forced to play the rest of the game with a Guitar controller... :wallbash:

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Try running through each of them seperately, you have 4 to do, so activate one, and go through it, doesn't matter if you get it first time, as soon as you know where you're going, it'll be a lot easier.

12. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

While |I liked the game on the PC, I felt it was prolly a better bet on the console.

It's a TPK (third person knife) not an FPS (first person shooter)

It was a poor port, any port without strafe feels clumsy to me.

As I don't own a console (yet) I'll wait for the PC version, but if I had a xbox, I'd get the box version.

13. Hex

What do you think I've been doing?! :p

I shall give it another go tonight, but it was too much for me last night (I'd already been playing for 6 odd hours). Still, none of them have been quite as frustrating as the U-Play Auditore one. God that was hideous. Timed bit after timed bit after timed bit. Two were REALLY unforgiving too, so when Ezio did that refusing to jump thing you were screwed.

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Don't think I've done that one.

Just completed it, and my God!! The ending is pretty phenomenal IMO. It really lets a 3rd game seem guaranteed. I can't wait for the next one, really want to play it now.

Now I've just got to run around collecting the feathers, glyphs, sync points and then completing the last of the side quests...

15. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Completed it last night, thought it was fantastic. I found myself getting a little bored now and then in AC1 due to the repetitiveness but still thoroughly enjoyed it.

AC2 took away a number of the AC1 negatives and introduced more positives but it's still very much an Assassins Creed game.

The only stuff I've got left to do is collect all the feathers and find another 5 or so glyphs.

16. Hex

It's in the U-Play extras bit, you have to sign up with Ubisoft, but it turned out I already had for Prince of Persia :) Finally got that Assassin's Tomb tonight, did it pretty quickly this time as it was the first thing I attempted.

I've got all the glyphs now and watched subject 16's video which is pretty cool
    the lack of arse-cracks is just weird though..!

Only one Codex piece left but as I can't see it on any of the maps I guess it must be one you get after a mission. Already organised them on the codex wall, figured out what that was really early on :)

I've been running about tonight getting all the View Points and treasure chests. Cleared most areas now, only on 58 feathers though. I played for a bit too long tonight and my eyes have gone all small.

17. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I caved and went to Walmart.. sold out.. figures..

18. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

yeah, figured out what to do with those codex pieces fairly early on too (hint:
    hold Y
    ).

Just got the poisoned hidden dagger (nice easy achievement for using that one) and the steal 1000 florens was easier than I thought too (
    pay 500 to one of the heralds then steal it back immediatly, then do it again
    ).

19. Hex

Oh yeah! Awesome thanks! :D I see you have the sand throwing one too. I need to go train in that cos I don't have that ability.

20. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

That was easy too. The training for sand throwing is free, start a fight (preferably somewhere you can back into a corner) and then when 4 guards are infront of you hold X (must not be holding a weapon) to pick up sand - release X to throw it in their faces.