1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Deus Ex 3 is Eidos and Square Enix joint effort

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Nov 2009.

1. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

PC Exclusive? Holy ****. I'll buy it on principle.
    Square Enix, a company who actually cares about the games it puts out are getting heavily involved?

This game could actually be good.. I assumed all along that it'd be another dumbed-down console port like Invisible War, so I'm very pleased to be wrong on that count if this is true.

Nothing will ever come close to the original (they'd need Warren Spector involved for that to happen) but these two little details are possibly the best news I've read in gaming in the past couple of years..

2. REMF

REMF What's a Dremel?

" It has been confirmed that the game is a cyberpunk prequel to the first game though and that it won't be getting a console release due to the complexity of the game."

The best news I have heard in a LONG time!

3. REMF

REMF What's a Dremel?

Warren Spector made a mess of the second one, i'm willing to let someone else have a go.

4. sear

sear Guest

I want to giggle with glee right about now, but... source?

5. knyghtryda

knyghtryda What's a Dremel?

maybe they can take the approach of CDProjekt's The Witcher (IMO the best rpg in the last few years) and release the console version later. It gives the best of both worlds... a deep PC game and an accessible console one. Deus Ex 1 was definitely a bit too menu and keyboard heavy to directly port. Here's hoping this makes up for the mess that was Deus Ex 2: Invisible War. Cyberpunk gaming lives!

6. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Just waiting on Joe to step in on this one. Spector wasn't involved in Invisible War according to him, I've been corrected on that count before. ;)

Also, Alexander Brandon is back on the music for Deus Ex 3 according to IMDB, which is a recipe for absolute win. His work on soundtracks for Deus Ex, Unreal, UT, jazz Jackrabbit, etc was just fantastic.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

OH GOD COULD THIS GET ANYMORE WIN?! :eeek:

8. delriogw

delriogw What's a Dremel?

i have to admit i find the pc exclusivity elation amusing. while i abhor the consolification in recent times of games that could otherwise have been great, i actually first discovered deus ex through the ps2 version of the game. it was intensly playable, and not having a pc at the time, i would possibly never have come across the game otherwise.

it's great, however, that they are concentrating on the pc. if it comes out in future on consoles then great - that opens it up to a wider audience, but the two platforms need to be catered for separately, and i am greatly looking forward to this game.

but i'm very very pleased to see that they're taking their time with this game and not doing an EA to rush it out and 'fix' it with a patch. i've always said to my friends that i'd rather wait an extra 6 months for a game that's worth it than have a game on the original release date (or at least vaguely near it) that's flawed and nearly unplayable.

9. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Music-wise, I really don't think it could.
    Except perhaps if they brought in Dan Gardopée, Michiel van den Bos, and Andrew Sega alongside, since those 4 guys seem to produce incredible soundtracks when they work together.
    The gods of the mod tracker. :D

10. sear

sear Guest

Again, I'd like to reiterate: do you have a source for the claim that the game is a PC exclusive, due to its "complexity"? Everything released so far that I have read has indicated the game is targeted towards multiple platforms, including consoles and PC, though admittedly they have not specified which consoles.

11. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Slightly unrelated, but some of the best game music I've ever heard was the score for Clive Barker's Undying (ace game as it is). The score was composed by Bill Brown, who amongst other things is also responsible for scoring CSI: NY.

Some other game music I've admired immensely is the Unreal II score. Don't know who did it, but some pieces are just purely brilliant. The music is OGG-encoded and I believe that some pieces aren't even used in the game (criminal, to be honest).

End of digression... :)

Oh... and I want System Shock 3 now!

12. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I'm not familiar with the other two, but Jack Wall was one of the composers of the incredible soundtrack for Mass Effect (alongside Sam Hulick).

System Shock 2 also had awesome music, courtesy of Eric Brosius, who was the main composer for the Thief series, if memory serves correctly.
    His wife, Terry, played the voice of SHODAN in SS2. :)

It seems to me that there is a circle of composers within the games industry of the 90's and early 00's who all worked together at some point.

Andrew Sega (Necros), who I mentioned above, worked on the music for the Crusader series for Origin back in the day.
    One of his tracks (Isotoxin) is remixed as part of the Unreal soundtrack, and used in another remix in the UT3 soundtrack I think.

The other common link that I can see between many of those composers was their involvement in tracker music and the demoscene.

azrael- likes this.
  13. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

There actually was a Skull-Gun aug in Deux Ex.. :p

14. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

Wow! This is the first bit of PC news in a long time to make me sit up and take notice. Square Enix influenced Deus Ex and possible Thief 4. Count me in man!

Can't wait. 5/5

15. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Its amazing what hearing PC only can do to ones faith in developers.

16. Laser Eyes

Laser Eyes What's a Dremel?

Clearly the people on this forum have the lowest IQs on the net. This is obviously bulls**t. There is no way Deus Ex 3 will be a PC exclusive. Even PC fanboys Crytek are making Crysis 2 for consoles as well as PC. It simply is not econonically viable to release a major AAA title for PC exclusively. Every major release nowadays must be released on multiple platforms to be profitable. The writer of the article is blowing a lot crap our way. The supposed source for the info will not be made public because there is no source. It's a barefaced lie.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

/butthurt :D

18. format

format What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Whoops - just a heads up to say that PC exclusivity is not confirmed like the article originally claimed, though it has been hinted at and PC is the only confirmed platform at this point. That wasn't clear in the original article and I've only just noticed, so I've updated the story for clarity.

20. Coldon

Coldon What's a Dremel?

yeh well with most PC gamers thinking "why buy when I can steal" and then bitching about lack of decent PC games and how everything is just a shitty console port, i can understand why publishers would be hesitant to do PC exclusives. I doubt this will be a PC exclusive but I really hope it doesn't become a dumbed down console-tard game either...

personally I'm gonna throw as much cash as I can at EA / square enix, for supporting the PC gaming scene.

in related news: deus ex3? O M GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! hehe, i'm pretty amped!!

Tags: Add Tags