1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Demotivational Posters (NSFW)

Discussion in 'General' started by boiled_elephant, 7 Dec 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. interzen

interzen Real men use chainsaws.

Not all.
    I find OSX to be eminently usable once you get past the flashy UI and into a terminal window - mind you, having used Linux since 1991 some habits are hard to break irrespective of your OS of choice.

My main beef with OSX is that Apple's implementation of Java is horribly broken.

2. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

QFT. Java is broken somewhat still, and flash sucks. But its better then Windows :)

also, Krikkit, they aren't unix-based. They are unix, with a fancy GUI.

3. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

TBH, most Mac users (present company excluded) don't even know they're using a computer. Like the thirteenth frappumoccachino of the day, the whitened teeth or the metrosexual wardrobe, an iMac for many is a lifestyle choice. It's not really their fault.

You see, a lot of you are too young to remember the cold war. The real cold war. There was a time when you didn't tell people what operating system you used for fear of being bundled into the back of a black Zastava and driven off to the plastic mines. There were rumours of entire families being taken to chisel plastic out of the cold earth for the chassis of Acorn Electrons and Apple IIs.

Those were dark days for the users of Amiga, Spectrum and later the fledgling Windows. Literally. Huddled up in the attic watching a tape loading screen, all the while listening for a knock at the front door.

Users of the RISC and Nix' didn't have an easy time of things either. Looking back, just as many of them were carted off to the underground Spectrum works and made to sniff onions for days at a time. (Spectrum CPUs were manufactured from the tears of children.)

This all changed during the late 80's after the Wozniak Affair, when assailants in an unmarked car launched six high velocity floppy disks at the Apple co-founder on a bridge in London. While no-one openly claimed responsibility for the attack the disks were found to bear the legend 'RM Nimbus PC-386/25' and CISC agents were implicated.

Because of the international element, the Wozinak Affair forced the British government to take action by outlawing some practices and forcing mergers and cross partnerships in the world of computing. This uneasy truce is still maintained to this day, although echoes of the past can still be heard in Internet forums.

wst, Zoon and Combinho like this.
  4. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

:hehe: in my experience most Mac users are sales people who want it to show they're not really business people, but cool people you wanna buy **** from, regardless of the fact they're a nightmare to support and have no corporate security policy in a mostly Windows company and that salespeople can be trusted about as far as they can be thrown ... sorry ranting now :worried:
    Don't be sure, even big girls need some lovin' :jawdrop:

5. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

Awesome. Have some rep for that. Also, good work on the demots over the last couple of pages. Rep for all (if I can be arsed).

6. quietguy

quietguy D'orc

Yeah, but they gotta pay. :lol:

7. Mr.ME

Mr.ME Minimodder

here some demots to erase the ugly hippo from previous page

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if the first one is to offensive for the rules let me know and will remove it

8. quietguy

quietguy D'orc

Is she farting? :eyebrow:

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 26 Nov 2009
  10. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

[​IMG]

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Oh dear, it sounds like you've come down with a case of PJS.

:p

12. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

[​IMG]
    have had this song stuck in my head since work

CardJoe likes this.
  13. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

That is one sweet ass-demotivational!

14. TempGong

TempGong What's a Dremel?

Well, I am Gnu/Linux guy and I switched to Mac OS X this summer. I have to say it has the same philosophy. (most of terminal commands are usable, its uses home and so on) I still have arch on my netbook and the only thing I miss is tilling wms, which in my knowledge you can implement on Mac OS X as well. (Xmonad) All linux programs can be ported on Mac OS X. So yeah its not like that.

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I must be having explanation fail today, you guys seem to have missed my point.

16. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

That's to be expected the day after a birthday!

17. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I find it hard to accept anyone claiming that Gnu/Linux and Mac OS share philosophy.
    One is open-source, free and user-modifiable, while the other is mostly propietary, prohibitively expensive and much more locked-down than the likes of Debian or Fedora.
    Sharing an underlying UNIX-alike kernel isn't quite enough to claim significant similarities in my book, beyond what you can do in a terminal.

I believe the point Krikkit was trying to make is that it's folly to instantly assume 'Windows fanboy', because Linux users are often quite anti-Apple in their public attitudes simply because many of Apple's products and policies espouse everything that Gnu/Linux isn't.

There are plenty of zealous Linux fanboys out there who would be eager to see Mac OSX flop in the market just because it's from Apple.

18. TempGong

TempGong What's a Dremel?

Where did you see me comparing Apples policies and philosophy with the Free software foundation ideals?

19. Matticus

Matticus ...

Right there! I think if you didn't mean that then you need to be a bit more careful with your phrasing.

Either way who cares, oh and null, you have turned into an osx fanboy, I have noticed your recently apple slant at every opportunity and I am sitting on a computer on the other side of the world. :D

20. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.