1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project ZillaPC = Completed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TadZilla, 6 Nov 2009.

?

Buy a Mountain Mods Monticle, or continue on with the Lian-Li?

1. Monticle

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. PC-V1000Z

48 vote(s)
    90.6%
  1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Li Li for sure mate.

2. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

Man, no love yet for the Mountain Mods. I'm going to stick with the Lian-Li. Thanks for your help in deciding. You're right, the Mountain Mods is too bulky looking, and I'm modding it to make it mine. Plus, the MM is too plain for me. I like the outside shape of the LL.

So, I think I found a powder coating shop near me. I'm going to give them a call and see what they charge. The last time I painted a case it didn't turn out too bad... maybe I'll just stick with that.

-TadZilla

AnG3L likes this.
  3. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Lian Li for the Win bro!!! Nice sleeving job mate!!! And go for it man, mod it till it bleeds!! :) subbed and +rep

4. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

Thanks AnG3L!

Well, I've decided to turn this into my second watercooled build. I'm going to try full WC, but I'm not sure if I will be able to fit enough radiators in the case to do it. I'm going to try a very thick 2x120 radiator. I'm not looking for crazy cooling capacity. This is mostly for quietness, and cool factor.

Here is a pick of my first WC build:

[​IMG]

I'm hoping this one turns out much nicer.

Parts on order for now:

ASUS Rampage II
    6 more gigs Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600

I'm going to buy the WC parts in stages, starting with parts I will need for test fitting such as the radiator and res.

However, due to my first kid due to be born in a month (YAY!) this build will most likely carry over into next year. I might have to go powdercoating due to the temperatures getting colder here in Indiana. We'll see.

Sleeving is going a little slower due to me not getting up at 4 in the morning to work on it. But stay tuned, this project will not die!!!

-TadZilla

Last edited: 20 Nov 2009
  5. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

Quick update:

Finished the sleeving of the hardwired cables. I think it looks pretty good. Better than the first time anyways. I'll let you be the judge...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-TadZilla

6. MIGUI

MIGUI What's a Dremel?

Nice job friend :thumb:
    I suscribe to this project. :D

7. t1alek

t1alek Mind modder.

LL cases is a much better looking canvas to mod on imo.
    ..and as 500mph pointed the MM-way is too easy

8. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

Hello all!

Just posting some pics of my new motherboard, and some sleeving. I got a new camera, so I've been learning how to use it.

Current setup:

[​IMG]

P&S I was using:
    [​IMG]

Sleeving!
    [​IMG]

Its... Its... ITS TADZILLA!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the mobo:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have an XSPC 240 radiator and an EK 100mm res on the way. Now that I think about it, I probably should've ordered the 150mm, but tis' okay.

9. gurboura

gurboura TopLevel Computers

MDPC status coming soon anyone?

Looks great so far.

10. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

I started some testing fitting, and the process definitely leaves me wanting a bigger case. I was thinking of getting a Lian-Li full tower. Any recommendations?

Anyways, here are some pics. I have had the time yet to get cutting, with class, the holidays, work, and well... life, but I'm not rushing the project just to get something done. I want to take my time and do things right.

So, how about some watercooling...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the test fit...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cutting it really close to the PSU. Routing cable might be difficult. I don't like the PSU hanging out the back either...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Speaking of taking my time, I managed to scratch up my HX1000 pretty bad :shakes: I'm pretty ticked about it. I should've taped the case off so it wouldn't scratch anything.

So, I'm still debating about getting a bigger case. I want more cooling capacity without going external, so a full tower is a must. Any suggestions? I'm thinking about either a Lian-Li full tower (not the armor suit), or the Coolermaster ATCS 840 (is that right?).

@gurboura: Thanks!

MDPC status = not even close... probably untouchable... but this guy can dream :)

-TadZilla

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Nice sleeving :thumb:

12. Botn3vik

Botn3vik Mod it!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Looove it!
    but ofc its your choice ;)

13. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

Thanks Mankz!

@Botn3vik: I've seen a lot of projects around this case, and I've decided to purchase one :)

I have an ATCS 840, an EK Res (250), and a Feser 360 Rad. Should all be here by Wednesday of this week!

-TadZilla

14. Botn3vik

Botn3vik Mod it!

Woppi! ill race you till the finish line! :D i'm also modding the ATCS 840 you see.. Looking forward! Subscribed!

15. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Really nice hardware you got there buddy!!! Come on, mod this beast!!!! :)

16. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

@Botn3vik: No fair you got a head start! :) Eh, you'd win anyways. My first kid is due to be born December 23rd, so the amount of modding time I will have will go waaaaay down, but for good reason. Your 840 is coming along very well! It will be interesting to compare our finished projects to see what we did differently as far as mods go. Looking forward to it!

@AnG3L: Thanks! I just ordered a new ATCS 840 due to the cooling constraints of the PC-V1000Z. I want to do full watercooling, and I don't think a XSPC 2x120 rad would do the trick. I will be modding the 840 though, you can count on it!

17. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

Here is what I received today :)

[​IMG]

A little overexposed... stupid sun :)

-TadZilla

18. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

Quick update... NEW CASE!!! This thing is MASSIVE!!! (insert mandatory, 'head-in-gutter' remark here) I had no idea I would be able to live out of this thing if I had to. And it is sturdy, too. The Lian-li looks nicer I think, but it is flimsy (except for the side panels... built like tanks). I could use this thing as a tornado shelter, or catapult ammo, or anti-tank armor, or... or... a COMPUTER CASE!!! :shocked:

Okay, picture time. I didn't have natural light this morning as it was dark outside, and my geek room lighting isn't great. So some I used the flash, and others I tried room lighting. I'll take some pics of the back of the mobo later, as I really like how it looks using the clips and screws from Nils!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stuff from the case...

[​IMG]

Horray sleeved wires!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need to get some better lighting for taking photos. Any cheap solutions anyone can recommend would be great!

Thanks for watching!

-TadZilla

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Nice case buddy!! Use some day light lamps 26 Watt are good!

20. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

Thanks AnG3L!

Images of things to come...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]