1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Infinity Ward wields MW2 Steam-powered banhammer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 30 Nov 2009.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I've played some 30+ hours online now and seen no cheaters. That being said, the online system is a huge pile of steaming turd the inventor behind it deserves to be shot.

It's hard when I love the game(play) to bits, but the online system just sucks so major cock.

2. Invader-Zim

Invader-Zim Where's my underpants?

MW2 - great game, badly implemented, riddled with cheaters.
    As a seasoned gamer - way back to DOOM multiplayer and every FPS since (I still have fond memories of action quake) it is more obvious to me and my felow old timers when a cheat is in use.

I have seen Aimbots, wall hacks, radar, NOOB TOOB spam, the 3 minute nuke and the long range sniper rifle hip fire kill, all in action.

If your score becomes highly variable ie 45/15 then 15/30 the alarm bells should start ringing.
    Ufortunately cheats are sometimes not obvious on the kill cam but the score line should tell the tale if your suspicions are roused.

I also agree that dedicated servers are required and better control of which games you enter and with who.

IW need to sort the problems out or run the risk of losing the ever dwindling, and currently alienated, COD community.
    This is a perfect time for another developer to take the gauntlet and capture the disheartened COD players who are longing for a cheat free gaming experience.

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Aye it's not up to dedicated server standards by any means but the gameplay is pretty damn good and thus still very enjoyable.... such a shame they didn't give us PC gamers dedi's.

As for the cheaters then I say get rid of them wherever possible although in I've haven't spotted any in MW2 so far.

4. Goty

Goty Minimodder

Hmmm, wait two weeks to ban 2500 out of probably tens of thousands of cheaters or have almost all of them banned on the spot by admins actually taking care of their own servers... tough choice.

5. Invader-Zim

Invader-Zim Where's my underpants?

Oh and one other thing - lag spikes and host changes mid game are equally frustrating

6. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

Hey, this way they don't have to be the 'bad guy'... why be the ones who killed PC gaming, when they can just let it kill itself. Sure no dedicated servers and 2 weeks before a ban is helping it along a little, but it's subtle enough that they can refute responsibility. It will be a sad day.

7. Makaveli

Makaveli What's a Dremel?

Its already a sad day and the same reason why I didn't buy this game for PC.

I might give the single player a run either with a friends copy on 360 or on PC.

There is no way in hell i'm paying that much money for a gimped online experience!

8. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Modern Warfare 2 is a crap game that cost way too much for the PC and offers very little in return. It shows the intellectual difference between console gamers and PC enthusiast. Most PC gamers wont buy this crap (but have already conquered the 4.5 hour single player mode)

Ban all you want....... 5 minutes to make a new account.

The best way to enjoy the multiplayer is without IWnet and using a heavily modded version of the game. (lean mod)
    actually I'm tired of this game already. I rather play HALO.......... roflmao....

9. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I gave in and bought it, just because I fancied another game and I was curious as to how much of a trainwreck it really is.

Same story as COD4, but far less cohesive - I still don't really understand what is happening and I'm about an hour in. It is almost like they've tried to shoehorn a bunch of different gimmicks - the massacre thing, the snowmobile, the ice climbing and the heartbeat monitors etc into the first hour to keep console gamers happy. It all seems a bit pointless. Incredibly linear, constantly respawning enemies...meh!

Annoyingly, Borderlands is a far better game (in my opinion) yet it doesn't get anywhere near the same hype.

By the sounds of it, Battlefield 2 is still a far better multi-player game too...

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I haven't.

Well it's pretty blatantly obvious. Of course no one should yell hax until someone gets like 6 headshots in a row anyways.

11. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

when steam ban the your account its an VAC ban for All games that use VAC under that steam account you need to make an new steam account if you wish to play online and buy every game again (why its recommended to buy 1 game per steam account just in-case VAC does an injust ban by mistake), if the game uses PB that is its own banning system and buying an new game may not remove the ban if its an hardware ban (you have to change 1-2 parts of the system to get unbanned) soft bans are nom CD key based hardware ban get given out for mutihack software

Last edited: 1 Dec 2009
  12. trig

trig god's little mistake

yeah, i know...ur looking...but no one reads this thread, so not going to waste it here...

13. brock407

brock407 What's a Dremel?

I have seen it two different times once on the reciveing end ,and the other was on my team. Both times they got most of the 75 kills everyone complained, but with the game listed on the bittorrent sites there will always be a work around steam and vac.

Tags: Add Tags