1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Brink (the game)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bigkingfun, 2 Dec 2009.

1. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Hello

I just saw the teaser and this interview about the game Brink, and thought I would share it as it looks awesome.
    If they can pull off all this "dynamic multiplayer" thing along with the "SMART" system, it will be epic.

Official Site

2. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Don't get your knickers in a twist, it happens. :p

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine, it just makes it a real PITA to browse the forums when you have several threads all on the same game.

6. bigkingfun

You are linking to this thread?
    I take it a mod deleted the other thread?

I googled "bit-tech.net brink game" before starting a new topic. Sry if I was the one to start another thread.

7. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

My videos are better anyways :p

Hey lets talk about the game instead of multiple threads.

8. bigkingfun

This one shows some actual plot.
    I am guessing the evolution/revolution have something to do with it, and the rest of the earth have been wiped out.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Someone might've merged a couple of threads... :worried:

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

So... Thread revival and then some :D

Anyone else getting excited over this?

The pre-order packs for Europe have been announced, the new videos are looking great and less than a month and a half until release.

I've pre-ordered on Steam about 6 months ago and cannot freaking wait.

ZiiP may well be having a competitive team for this once it is out and most definately a dedi server hosted for it.

What are peoples impressions of it so far from what we can see in the new vids?

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Can't wait to see what it looks like and, by that, I mean "how it plays"

12. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

I pre-ordered a few weeks back, which i wouldn't normally do so far away from release, however i've seen enough in terms of positive previews (including write-ups from people who played it at the recent PAX east event) and gameplay videos to convince me that it will be worth the money. Splash Damage being involved has got to be a big plus also.

13. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I'll wait for reviews, all the gameplay trailers don't make it look very fluid.

The quick-objective-based multiplayer looks fun though.

14. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Whilst me and my friend love the concept and design/presentation, we're both not big fans of arcade-like shooters like Halo or CoD.

Quake Wars didn't appeal amazingly either and this is looking like it might go down the same route (i.e. more about who can keep the mouse down and pump more bullets into the other rather than quick bursts of accuracy).

But as people say, it does look fun and hopefully it'll be good =].

15. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

[​IMG]

Anyway, on topic...

Brink does look fantastic good fun! Borderlands meets Bulletstorm at 950mph and makes a genetic hybrid that's going to be awesome and encapsulate Bit-Tech for all time.

16. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Is this the game which pulls in some of the mechanics from Mirrors Edge? Or am I getting confused?

This does look awesome, I remember the previews coming out quite a while ago. I like the fact that the most neglected roles in a match get the most points, so people will level up faster by being varied. Something you rarely see in games!

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I tried the demo/BETA of Quake wars and certainly wasn't impressed at all with it. Namely because I hadn't a notion of what the hell was going on.

I've written a small preview on this (Just follow link in my sig to ZiiP), though I doubt there is anything significantly new there for anyone.

I initially had huge reservations about this when I saw the first little teasers and thought "Holy crap that's alot of bullets to drop a single target" but the more videos I see, the less graingly obvious it becomes. It is leaning back to mechanics of older shooter, such as UT but that is in no way a bad thing! Hell, it should be good for a change. At least then when you're trying to pull off some mental parkour moves you won't be nailed to the wall with a single pistol shot from the other side of the map :D
    The simple addition of Ironsights is encouraging though.

The huge customisation options, what looks to be hardcore teamplay, nice aesthetics. Yeah, BF3 and this are the big ones on my list this year.

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Aye, it's got Parkour movement, known as SMART; Smooth movement over random terrain.

19. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

i'll be pre-ordering on steam nearer the time, just because steam seems to have the best 'pre-order bonus' item set.

I've been keeping an eye on this game since last year. It's release cant come round quick enough so I can play this instead of black ops

20. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i've been watching this one for a while, steampunks will definitely be getting a server or two.

looks like fun, one or two of the recent vids do reveal the animations to be a bit jerky but anyone who played quakewars will remember that it was the same, seems they're using the same engine. I particularly like the idea of merging the single player with multiplayer to ease people into the MP aspect that tend to avoid the online part of shooters.

basically if its good it going to be pretty ground breaking and could even give BF3 a run for its money. if its bad i'll be a sad panda.