1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ravenheart, 19 Nov 2009.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Whee! Only 2 achievements left now. The No Hitter and the Fly Swatter (ah well was going to play through again anyway I guess). I managed to get the Sweeper and Sandman ones in the same fight because Ezio kept dropping the spear, but luckily he grabbed sand as well :) Then it was a Benny Hill style chase for a bit until I could get back to the spear to pick it up. I have an idea where to try & get the No Hitter, so I might attempt that today.

Very much looking forward to the 2 DLCs we're getting in Jan & Feb :D

2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've got this game on pre-order, I'd rather wait for the PC version that get it for my 360. By all accounts it will be worth the wait.

3. Hex

Really annoyed I didn't get Fly Swatter now as it would've been my first 100%d game. 995/1000 looks so wrong :sigh:

Started playing it again though, just got past meeting my Uncle ( :lol: ) and getting the homestead up & running.

4. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Can't you go back and play through certain memories? Like, for example, the flaying machine one?

5. Hex

Nope. Because you could in the first one, I assumed you could for this one. You can't :/

Oh and if anyone is collecting the U-Play points things, don't waste any on the ACII theme, it's not a premium theme, it's rubbish.

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

you managed to get the no-hitter then Hex?
    The only place I can think of getting that is outside the palace in Venice (they keep managing to get behind me and getting a hit in when I try it :( )

7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I love walking between two brutes and taking them both down with the hidden blades. :rock:

8. Enemyvirus

Enemyvirus CPC Refugee

I can add to the greatness of this game, really enjoying it. I'm playing it on the PS3.

I have had a couple of crashes playing the game, was wondering if anybody else has had any issues

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Couple of crashes moving between locales late in the game (when trying to get the wearing your colours achievement).

10. Hex

Yeah, I got nearly all of my last few achievements around the bit in Venice that looks like the bit in Florence where my family were hanged grrr... [worms]Revenge![/worms] It's another achievement where nicely timed running and smoke bombs are your friend. Although the first time I tried it something went wrong choosing the hidden blades (it made the weapon changing noise, but stayed on smoke bombs) so I ended up throwing my remaining 2 smoke bombs at the guards instead of killing them. D'oh! Then I had to run around a bit and swim off before finding a blacksmith and trying again.

Did you know there's something lurking in the Santa Maria della Visitazione Assassin's Tomb?

As for crashes, mine only played up once on the first ViewPoint. I paused the game and when I un-paused it I couldn't jump off or do anything but look left and right. Quit and restarted and it was OK. I did just this minute have a weird glitch where a guard I'd killed continued to shout threats at me and had the red arrow above him even though he was lying in a crumpled heap on the floor. That was amusing :)

Last edited: 9 Dec 2009
  11. Hex

12. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I think I remember reading about a glitch where guards were constatnyl insta-spawned at some points in the map and kept spawning until the 360 crashed (handy for the kill 10 achievement though).

13. Hex

Yeah, did you see the infinite Templars glitch from AC1? That was weird, making trails of dead Templars!

14. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

No, didn't see that one, but saying that I didn't go out of my way to kill the templars in the first one. I found that if I didn't catch them by supprise and assassinate them then they swiftly made short work of Altir.

15. Hex

:D

The bloody Templars buggered up so many of my assassinations that could've been nice and clean and quick, but oh no. There had to be a Templar hidden away who would spot me and raise the alarm covering me in guards. *******s! I hated them and I wiped them all out apart from a couple in Kingdom. I'll go back and find them one day, just because they really annoyed me so I will wipe them out! All of them!

Not that I hold a grudge...

16. Hex

Wheeee! 100%'d it :D Eagerly awaiting the DLC in January now :clap:

17. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Congrats Hex, I'm just missing that 1 achievement - and my brothers borrowed the game now so it'll be a while before I get to try again (saying that though I just started Borderlands, and I'm really enjoying that too).

18. Hex

Cheers! :)

For the 'No Hitter' achievement your best bet (if you didn't get it fighting the monks in Tuscany) is probably to take the fast travel to Venice: San Marco and then walk towards the Piazza San Marco (St Mark's Square) behind the group of guards patrolling. Punch one in the head from behind and then run to into the square making sure you get close to all the guards stationed around the Basilica. Run around a bit and then use your smoke bombs and your hidden-blades. Standing between guards can get you at least 4 kills per smoke bomb :thumb:

19. Tonkatoy

Tonkatoy Exiled

Fair play Hex Well done Buddy, Im miles off 100% it.

Glad you enjoyed the game as much as I did!

20. Hex

Cheers :) I loved it! I quite enjoyed the first one even with the faffing about repetitiveness, but this one was sooo much better! I could also appreciate how well they did getting it as historically accurate as possible this time. I already knew quite a bit about the Medici, the Pazzi Conspiracy and the 'Antipope' so I was in awe of what a superb job Ubisoft did. I've since looked into the accuracy of the first one and that was pretty impressive too as it turns out. People will have learned some history without even realising it ;)

Also, more news on the DLC:

Last edited: 20 Dec 2009