1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Thunderbird 3.0 released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Dec 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Hg

Hg The game known as life

about time, i have reverted back to outlook as i got a beta for office 2010 but i will give this a try later when i get home

3. DirtyH

DirtyH What's a Dremel?

with the recent news of google trying to collect even more data, gmail doesnt look so nice anymore

4. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

Finally!!
    And is already avaliable as a PortableApp. :D

5. Igniseus

Igniseus What's a Dremel?

Which news do you speak of?

6. impar

impar Minimodder

7. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Cool!

Just switched from Outlook 2003 a month ago and so far I'm "making do". Maybe the new one will make me feel better about using it. As for offline mail being dead, there's certainly an argument for that in a personal context. But exchange won't be going anywhere for a while....

8. ffjason

ffjason What's a Dremel?

Does it support windows live accounts? if not then its going to miss out on a huge market. Windows Live Mail works for me at the moment but I could be persuaded to chance if it supports all of my accounts.

9. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

Yes it does support LIve Mail Accounts quite easily actually. Ive been using live mail but its beens frustrating as of late. Been using Thunderbird 3 since yesterday and no bigs problems. Its a slight pain to setup unknown pop email accounts though. It tries to auto find settings and just messes things up.

10. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Indeed, about time too - I was getting a bit bored of of Thunderbird 2 - it was virtually Outlook Express rebaged!

11. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

Tried Thunderbird a few years ago, and never got Hotmail working, uninstalled it promptly. Maybe time to try it again, if it works now.
    :geek:

12. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

I have been using the thunderbird 3 beta for some time now. It's a great client, search works pretty well - but tabs aren't really used at all except in search.

I do not use thunderbird for it's offline capabilities - I simply use it as it means that I am instantly notified when I get new mail, I don't have to go to a website to see if I have any. Furthermore because I have more than one account it means i don't have to manually log onto each one.

Tags: Add Tags