1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Vote for your Game of the Year 2009

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Dec 2009.

1. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

didn't care for some of those like fear 2.. went in scared and came out like wth

trine thought was awesome.. any game that can separate the posers is good with me.. batman was pretty good, needed a better ending especially getting all those riddles done

mirrors edge was alright if you didn't get sick so fast =-] have to go with trine, street fighter 4 (love it), and batman:aa

2. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

Arma II
    Shattered Horizon
    Torchlight

3. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

L4D2 because it's the best co-op game of the year, Dragon Age because i've racked up almost 20 hours in 1 ****ING WEEK (something I haven't done in absolute years) and HAWX because it's the only other game out the list that i've played and thoroughly enjoyed (with a Saitek Cyborg Evo stick of course).

4. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

L4D2 as thats the only one on the list ive played. I just wish there was an achievement for chainsawing a witch........

5. sadlydefiant

sadlydefiant What's a Dremel?

The only game I have played out of that list is Shattered Horizon and it runes about 20fps on low detail with my e5200 and gts250.
    I use to be a gamer but these days I don't have any money for games any more unless it is on steam for like $5 bucks :(

6. steleet

steleet Did he death?

Where is Uncharted 2?

7. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Was going to vote Empire TW and L4D2, but:
    Create another account? No, thanks.

8. undertheradar

undertheradar What's a Dremel?

+1 more vote for Killing Floor to be added to the list. It may not be the best or latest in graphics (Plants vs. Zombies isnt either... so what?!), but it is just done well.

Modern Warfare 2 sucks IMO. I am one of the many who is an online multiplayer fiend (still havent completed WaW single player, or even finished downloading the singleplayer for MW2 yet). That lobby system is so messed up it isnt funny. MW2 should be denied any GOTY awarding simply based on the fact that they have neglected the multiplayer mechanics so badly... IMO, an automatic DQ. I know many who have played through to level 70 to get all the unlocks, and wont touch the game again unless/until dedicated servers are added. Rewarding Infinity Ward with anything would be rewarding them for neglecting such a large part of the game. Single player might be fun when you first get it, but the long term playability is based in the multiplayer. IMO, MW2 will have the shortest lifespan of any of the CoD titles.

Along those lines, I think the only reason people are even thinking of voting for it is due to it being an overall craptastic year for PC games. The best we can get are some console ports. This also feeds into why I would like Killing Floor to at least be added. Its a PC game ONLY and it has been developed in a manner FOR THE PC... the way it SHOULD BE.

I also agree that ARMA2 should be added to the list. It would get killed in years past... but due to a severe lack of competition, I would say it stands a chance. What holds it back isnt the game itself, but a lack of online players. Looking at the game itself though, it IS worthy, and if it got a GOTY, maybe its main downside would be resolved through a flood of new players.

9. VoiceHorn

VoiceHorn What's a Dremel?

I'm a long time lurker that just registered. I also just finished Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood about an hour ago and I think it deserves a write in. I think its customary here for one to get his coat after a mention like that so I shall haha.... surely its better than some of those games, I mean you guys gave it an 8. I'll take more westerns please.

10. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Im at almost 40 for Shattered Horizon!

11. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

Worst Pc game year ever but i voted Mirrors edge (because tbh it was a bloddy good and different game ) Left 4 Dead 2 because it just took l4d to a whole new level and Modern Warfare 2 because despite a few flaws it is by far the best game of the year.

12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Hmm, so just because it was developed for the PC it automatically makes it a better game? No, it doesn't. There's been plenty of rubbish games developed solely for the PC, that doesn't make them inherently better than a well done console port. I'm not saying KF is bad, I haven't even played it, but it seems like you have your priorities back to front.

Agree with who? It's already in the list (letter O).

13. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Can we not turn this into *another* MW2 debate? If MW2 ends up in the top 3, then it speaks for itself that obviously not all pc gamers hate it.

14. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Can't look at the list as it is blocked in work, but I will be trying to vote for the games I played most this year :-

Batman, L4D (first one) and Blood Bowl.

15. BohleyK

BohleyK Cinnamon Life FTW

Voted for:
    ARMAII
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Tom Clancy's HAWX

16. djab

djab What's a Dremel?

I would have liked to be able to vote for Dirt 2 even if it has just been released.
    I have only played the demo but it was great and I am definitely looking for buying the full game.

Last edited: 11 Dec 2009
  17. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

Only played the Demo to Batman, not the full game, and haven't played any of the others....
    Too much Stalker .....and work.

Do not want the newsletter either, so no vote.

18. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Voted for embarassingly the only three games I've actually played:

L4D2 (which would be my no.1 by soooooo many miles. It's frigging awesome, and to everyone who disagrees: may a chocolate helicoptor land on you)
    Serious Sam HD (because SS rules, period)
    Zeno Clash (only because Bit gave it to me for free)

Not been the greatest year for games has it? Compared to 2007's top 10:

Mass Effect
    Halo 3
    UT3
    Stalker 1
    COD4
    World In Conflict
    Crysis
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Bioshock
    The Orange Box

Now that was a good year for gaming.

19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Can't believe I forgot about that one, kept me playing for long after it should have done. Addictive.

+1 tbh, can't really call it the best game of the year if you're limiting it to a specific platform.

20. Conroe

Conroe What's a Dremel?

I definitely would have voted for Assassin's Creed 2 given the option. I haven't had that much fun in a while. Since I can't though, I went with L4D2, DoW2, and Dragon Age though not necessarily in that order.

Tags: Add Tags