1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Asus Xtreme: Global Summit – highlights from the fourth round of blogs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 14 Dec 2009.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

Well done skiddywinks.. Well deserved. Now just waiting for the final winner which im assuming will be between Skiddy and Andrew... or are you taking the whole 8 blogs into consideration?

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Well done bud! I had a read of all the blogs for week four and I have to say even though there were many good blogs, the decission for yours to win was the right one. Congrats mate!

Getting all excited now mind, all the blogs and highlights covered, now the big question... What next :D

PS... dont take too long this time guys eh ;)

Andy

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Jeez keep yet knickers on. Good things come to those who wait. :p

5. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

darn! Ive been rumbled! And there I was thinking I had managed to get away with knickers for so long.... Back to boxers it is :(

Andy

6. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

have you been sending you knickers in to sway the judges? Looks like I missed the trick there..

7. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Ah, good old fashioned blackmail. If he doesn't win, he'll send in the knickers!

8. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

I'd assume the winner will be made up from the four main blog posts. So far there has been four weeks of roundups for these. Skiddywinks won week 2 and week 4, andrew8200m won week 3 and week 1. But I suppose it's up to ASUS who gets the trip to Taiwan.

Anyway, lol to Inferno for suggesting we play Peggle.

Edit: Forgot andrew won week 3, sorry

Last edited: 15 Dec 2009
  9. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Nah I got week 1 and 3 :D was rather proud of my week three :p

I think all the blogs have been great to be honest and very tight to say the least but as I have said, week 4 definately went to thr right chap. Very well written I must say.

Andy

10. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Woops, sorry for that!

So you two are pretty much tied. I wonder if they will look at your secondary blog posts also or just randomly select. It's so close! :hehe:

11. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

I dont think I have the daddy prize nor do i think I have the over all blogger prize however it would be nice to get one of them.

I think I only swayed it week one as not many really knew what level of blog was needed and I did go on a bit lol. The rest of the weeks were massively stepped up so all in all the quality of the blogs I feel really started from there on. Whoever gets what ever it is they get then congratulations in advance as it was very much well earned.

Andy

12. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Thanks for all the congratulations guys! If I'm honest, it quite surprised me!

As for who wins, I am really hoping they take in to account all 8 (or more, if anyone has) blogs. There are some excellent articles there that have nothing to do with the guidelines, and it would be such a shame if they weren't all taken in to account.

13. Xir

Xir Modder

This may sound a lot more negative than I mean it but:
    astonishing that most of the learnings seem to be a first contact with basic electronic design...
    Nope...but the overclocking grade hardware is ultrastable when NOT overclocked :D
    Personally I prefer good working designs over good looking ones, but hey :naughty:
    Gee, they're not just stacking some stuff on a PCB and hope it works?
    But really, the way a PCB manufacturing-line is set up is SO EXPENSIVE, they think about it first, and try to change as little as possible.

then again, maybe a lot of the readers really are very technically inexperienced. And, truth be told, getting an insight into electronics manufacturing is not easy.

Xir

14. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

Well done skiddywinks, well desserved,

Cant wait to find out what the final prizes are, And also that was my only negative point :p reading it back now makes me seem more angry than I was at that point :p

15. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

Well look at mr technical genius. . . If only we were all as enlightened as you the world would be full of perfect hardware. You seem to be missing the whole point of this exercise. To raise awareness of the manufacturing process and give the average end user a chance to be part of that process. Whilst most people on this site are hardcore enthusiasts i very much doubt many have given much thought to how hardware is produced. Its commendable that asus has taken the time to listen to their customer base and adress any issues.

16. -VK-

-VK- Lurker

The blogging standard at it's usual high. =)

I just got back from Taiwan on Saturday morning and I've got to be honest, I learn an awful lot from just a few hours in the RD labs.

17. crash32953295@msn.

18. -VK-

-VK- Lurker

Nah, that's nothing to worry about at all. Somebody's taken the story from a site and got it lost in translation.

It won't affect ASUS in any way at all.

19. crash32953295@msn.

20. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Very good to hear! I thought for a second I was going to have to buy parts in the future under a right dodgy name. It would have pushed me back over to EVGA :p

Andy

Tags: Add Tags