1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music RATM is xmas number 1!

Discussion in 'General' started by Stickeh, 20 Dec 2009.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I hope the amazon sales did contribute to the sales and that I did make a difference with my purchase.

Maybe this will get rid of all the crap on TV like xfactor, and all the other rubbish.

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Yup. They did cout.

51,000 extra sales compared to Joe. Thats alot of RAGIN'.

3. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

Sweet, and it's even better that £71000 was raised for Shelter, pocket change for Cowell but you don't see him donating money from the sickly single he was pimping.

/me turns the volume to 11

4. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Doesn't Simon Cowell do a lot of charity work?

5. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

The moronic, closed-minded nature of a fairly large percentage of the public, is both funny, and scary.

7. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

please tell me where you found those priceless quotes, i must know.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

They are in a discussion thread on the facebook group, from comments on news articles and pro joe forums...

This also made me chuckle: http://www.joe-music.com/forums/viewthread/72722/P0/

9. wst

wst Minimodder

Mankz, I am pretty close to wetting myself at the anger the joeclones are showing.

Awesome. Damn. Sauce.

10. Zabuza

Zabuza What's a Dremel?

That forum makes my soul cringe.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

that forum depresses me, who let these idiots online?

12. Malvolio

Malvolio .

With Rage being one of my favourite bands, I cannot help but feel this whole event as being rather amazing. Would be nice to see something along these lines every time there is a shite song going to the top of the charts, but I doubt there will be quite as strong of a following again. The uniqueness sort of has been diminished.

Have some more fun quotes:

"funny how I had never heard of them until this week and tbh I wasnt missing out on anything. dont like bands who scream down a mic and think swearing is cool. "

"They’ll just go back to the obscurity which they’ve just come from"

"There so famous that most people have never heard of them…...ok then :/"

"they are not even a British band can’t they get in their own charts lol ? "

"it’s not even a proper song! At least make a good song for the battle, ffs!"

"I can’t believe it, Joe really should have been number one. Rage are terrible in my opinion and that lead singer didn’t have one thing nice to say about Joe, only a patronising remark saying congrats which he obviously didn’t mean."

"Oh well at least Joe didn't have to bribe people into buying his single with the offer of a free gig like RATM. He knows people would pay to see him ;-)"

' I think ppl are now gettin really sad we should be glad they both got to the top ten both are goin til get lots of mmoney n both are now famous'

'Hi all Joe fans. In reality, we all know that Joe's was the No. 1 single & that it was all one be cheat - a hate campaign by dannyboy's fans who didn't number sufficiently to vote keep him in the X Factor. FACT! The RATM band know this is all a cheat & they must have felt so embarrassed by it that they have decided to give a percentage of what this hate campaign has earned them to charity. But all this doesn't alter the fact that JOE MCELDERRY WON THE X FACTOR & THEIR DANNYBOY DIDN'T. FACT!'

"X Factor songs have been at number one over the last few years because people liked them - not because there was some massive campaign to get them to number 1 like this year."

"if they bring out a next single it should come out same time as jls, alex and leona’s so then we’ll see how **** they are cause those 3 will be #1, #2 & #3 "

"The fact will still remain that the music of Rage Against The Machine is still trash whether they are #1 in the UK or not. The last time we heard about their music was in 1992 on TV news, I believe. It was trash then and will be trash forever. "

"Rage Against the Machine and the couple who started the campaign will be the ones who killed xmas."

"I agree I wouldn't mind if it was like "The Climb VS Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" or something, I'd still obviously be all for Joe getting #1 but who honestly wants Killing In The Name to be on CHRISTMAS albums? It's the worst song in musical history. What RATM fans don't see is, The Climb may not be christmassy, but people can actually relate to it in a personal way.."

"let them gloat, because 20years from now RATM will be dead, nobody will remember/care about christmas charts or RATM, whereas joe can still have a future if we, the fans, support him tilll the end"

"I think people downloading RATM did that because of negative feelings
    and people downloading or buying Joe did that because of love, they love Joe and that is so much more positive"

'ahh let them have there fame, because they wont have much more where as Joe will!;

"You deserved to win Jooe. All these RATM people are probably jealous musicians who can't make it in todays industry or sour nobodys who revel in hate and despair... so disgusting, i'm ashamed of the British public"

"Your amazing if I had the money I would have bought lots more copies I'm angry we have some American twats on top of charts but well done anyway can't wait for your tour xxxxxxx "

Guest-23315 likes this.
  13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

+rep for fuelling my RAGE based passion.

I've now seen them twice (T in the Park and Reading) and would actually delete all my pron and lady posters to go and see Z de la R and co. again.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I'm not buying some stupid corporate pop song just because the TV told me to! I'm going to buy a song by a band with a corporate record label because the internet told me to!!

:lol:

16. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

the people on that forum are so mind-numbingly retarded i feel embarrased that i live in the same country as them.

17. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Wait, what? Being non-british, I have a feeling i'm missing out on some quite epic win here. Could somebody recap or provide linkage to what actually happened? :worried:

18. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

The original thread here at Bit-tech.

Here is the Facebook page that was linked in the Bit-tech thread.

Basically, X-Factor winners keep getting a meaningless accolade of the number 1 album sold at Christmas time, or something like that. A bunch of people on the internet thought it was lame, so they used the power of the interwebs to stick it to the corporate man and convinced each other to buy a song by a band that is part of a corporate label. Or something. I dunno, I didn't really follow it.

19. Shuriken

Shuriken same christmas AV for a whole year

Yeah, how hard he worked. I mean he spent all that time playing small pub gigs and sending out demos to record labels just trying to get noticed and score a record deal. Then he spent ages writing the perfect Christmas single and spent 3 months in the studio with top producers tweaking the sound (because he didn't want to release another generic piano and strings song). ALL THAT HARD WORK, WASTED!

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oddly enough, as I was reading replies to this thread, my girlfriend flicked on to a repeat of Top Gear - the one where Patrick Stewart was the guest....