1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress - Skyscraper - 24 - March - UPDATE - Single Stage Cascade!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by imersa, 19 Dec 2009.

1. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

That single bay reservoir is the - Bitspower 5.25" Bay Reservoir - Black (BP-WT525P-BK)
    Now I'm struggling to find a place to buy this in the UK. I have seen it on Frozen CPU and a few other American sites.
    Anybody seen it on an English store? Or I guess the cheapest place to ship it to England. Europe would be better than the US I imagine!

Any help would rock. Thanks guys.

2. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

Have a google for 'alphacool repack reservoir', they look the same as the bitspower one.

Here's 1 in stock ;

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/index.php/cat/c167_Repack.html

Hope it helps :thumb:

3. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Thanks for that, it doesn't look as well made but in fairness the photo probably isn't doing it justice. The only thing I'm not loving is if I stack two of these I wont be able to use the fill port on one. Back to the drawing board I guess!

4. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

This looks brilliant, I think we are looking at a future Mod of the Month.

5. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

The primochill typhoon can run 2 loops from it and you can fill it from the front.

Limits you to a single colour water for both loops though, and its ugly !.

The 2 bay res's aren't a problem for filling. you just loosen the screws on the top on and slide it iback into the case, just leave abit of slack on the tubing.

I had 2 on my Dark Water build for a while, and it was easy to fill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Dec 2009
  6. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

So back again!

Next step was to waterblock up the motherboard. I wanted to get anything that needed to be fixed to the motherboard from the rear ;) out of the way.
    After doing this I could get the motherboard screwed down onto the case's removable motherboard tray.

[​IMG]

Items of choice to compliment the Evga x58 classified were the -

EK Supreme CPU - Plexi

[​IMG]

And the Koolance Complete Cooler Kit for EVGA X58 SLI Classified

[​IMG]

Sorry for the stock photos of the items, I got carried away and started fitting things before I wrote the project log!

And on the board:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And don't threat, I will be polishing everything up at a later stage :thumb:

In the case:

[​IMG]

A VERY close fit!

[​IMG]

Really love how perfect the fit actually is... Just hope I dont come into to many problems because of this!

[​IMG]

No problems with the Sata's, they slip behind it fine.

[​IMG]

The 24pin is going to be interesting, but after some persuasion perhaps we will be OK!

So most importantly to start building the upper levels of this skyscraper!

I ordered up some Black Anodised Aluminium Tube, Size: 25 mm x 25 mm x 1.5 mm and some connectors to go with it!

[​IMG]

I tried to take some photos of the Tube but they just sucked, so here's the photos from the site:

[​IMG]

And the Connector:

[​IMG]

The aim was to create a new upper floor to the case, this was done by simply cutting and connecting the tubing.
    Was actually really simple, cut the tube and then hammer in the connectors.

Now I didn't have a Mitre Saw available which sucked, I assumed that would be the best thing to cut these tubes.. to give the nice square edge. I checked the hardware store for prices, but at the time, with a decent blade to cut aluminium I couldn't afford it.
    So I went at it with the trusty Dremel.. cutting each of the 4 sides in turn.

[​IMG]

Worked pretty well but had to go through a few blades!

[​IMG]

The little sticking out plastic bits are just bits that peel off when hammering it all together.

[​IMG]

Overall looking really good, just needs a little cleaning up. A few cuts are not 100% straight but I left leeway between the block and the gap encase this happened.

And in went the 360 radiator:

[​IMG]

There's a second radiator to go on the other side. I then have a 140mm fan for each end to complete the wind tunnel.

And here it is! The case grows:

[​IMG]

So in the next and important update we are going a little taller, need the pent house!
    And one of the most unique features of the build. It will make things a little more Skyscraper like for sure!

Hope you all enjoy, hit me up with any ideas you may have!

For a few days, see you all soon!

7. kiwi750

kiwi750 What's a Dremel?

Going well so far j, i wonder how long before i'm "required" on this one.... :wallbash:

As long as u don't catch me drunk like putting your last loop together we should be fine. :duh:

Subscribed

>Kiwi

8. grritsshawn

grritsshawn I'm not insane I'm a modder

then i jizzed in my pants

9. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Next update will follow just after xmas,
    This time I think I'll actually take nice photos, not me using a hand-held at 3-4am in the front room.

See you all soon.

10. strahd

strahd What's a Dremel?

What grritsshawn said!

BTW if you don't need the removed drive bay sata PCB hit me up on PM. I could really use something like that.

Subscribed!!

11. Bullitdodger

Bullitdodger If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

I love it. A friggin' tall case...What to do....Add height to it....Gotta love it.:thumb:

12. kiwi750

kiwi750 What's a Dremel?

Come on justin, i know you been working on it, and now christmas and new year has gone, still no update. Get on son.

Cant wait till its finished.

13. xDeaDReckoninGx

xDeaDReckoninGx ****ing delete my account,

canoot wait to see a update on this it looks amazing :jawdrop:

14. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Hi guys,

I lost my job last Sunday, bad bad news! Hopefully I can get a loan or something to finish this all up... or failing that I'll be on the fathers case!

The good news is..
    Look what we have on route!

[​IMG]

Scary Scary TEC Madness!

15. kiwi750

kiwi750 What's a Dremel?

Yeh i know, you left me here with banksy now, shame oyu had to go though mate, its far from a career though lol.

In regards to the scary scary TEC madness, cant wait to play with these badboys, im sure you got 1 to spare ;) lol. and ow yeh *drool* :jawdrop:

16. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Little Update

Sooo back again, just a little update. More parts to arrive in the week so a bigger one then!
    Sorry for no updates, got busy over Xmas and new year and then lost the job as mentioned!

So first I tested out some new settings that I was advised for my camera. Results awwwsome for still photos! -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Nice order to place with MDPC tomorrow! Need to fix the ugly fan wire!)

Today I had to work on cutting the top out of the case, to replace the section with Acrylic. This was to create a nice effect for the tubes to pass through and really make it easier than passing them though the aluminium.

First was to remove the drive bays, this took a few screws and the removal of 4 rivets -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The removed enclosure -

[​IMG]

Masked up the top of the case with masking tape. Then drilled a few holes to fit in the jigsaw blade -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tool for this job was a jigsaw I laid my hands on recently, by Xtreme Power Tools. Wasn't very expensive at around £50 but did have the little laser sight. This was particularity useful as I don't own any form a clamps/straight edges... or anything helpful for cutting!
    Four cuts by hand went just fine -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even more of the £360 Lian Li has gone :( this is really depressing! -

[​IMG]

Next I had to cut the Acrylic sheet to fill the gap, I used the same blade just a slower speed and had no problems -

[​IMG]

And the panel in place -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Too give you a slightly better idea of the look I have peeled back a little bit of the protective film. Its a translucent black allowing any LED/Cathode light to pass through diffusely. :geek:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately that is all for tonight, as I said just a quick update.
    On route I have -

• The TEC banks and blocks for the custom CPU loop.
    • The three laing pumps
    • MDPC Sleeving

Have been a little busy helping out a friend on the side for his new project. Will see his log here soon!

Thanks for taking the time to read!

See you all soon,

Justin!

17. kiwi750

kiwi750 What's a Dremel?

DESTROY IT! DESTROY THE £360 case :dremel: Pics looking alot better. gogo more updates plixx :rock:

18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Love the case good work so far imma keep an eye on this one :)

19. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Sorry for the late replies. Lost the job so just ebaying everything I own to complete the build!

Thanks for kind words, a lengthy update will be on route this weekend. Much work has been done!

Dan sucks! Come help me if you want faster up dates.

It has grown at least another foot in height... pictures on route over the next few days. I guess it only makes sense to make it taller with the name :D

Sent you a PM

Thanks man!

Last edited: 8 Feb 2010
  20. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Subbed!