1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2010 Thread - Post season washup

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 22 Dec 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Hamilton vs Alonso...
    Ferrari vs McLaren...
    Britain vs Germany...

And now add Schumacher to the mix.

Christ, I'm looking forward to March already.

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Very true. I loved going to Spa, absolutely epic track, with epic roads around it for some fun, and the usual friendly Belgian attitudes.

3. RTT

RTT #parp

Nuff said :cooldude:

4. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

So should we start taking bets now as to who first runs out of fuel while the race is still going? :p

Last edited: 24 Dec 2009
  5. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

For me the Schumacher love-in has gotten tiring very quickly. The websites are full of him, often running articles & highlights near if not identical to the ones they ran when he retired, on top of the articles they ran when it was just rumoured. I'm bored already.

Out of the front-runners I'd say Hamilton. I don't think fuel conservation is in his nature. Next it'll be Massa because the Ferrari engine seems to drink a lot more of it, while Alonso will manage it. Button will finish in tenth every race with half a tank left after driving conservatively to be sure of the points, while the Williams will finish with half a tank because they built it too big but still fill it to the brim, such is their recent stratagem.

Oh wait, the Cosworth is rumoured to drink it too. In that case USF1 after confusing litres, US gallons & UK gallons and/or Virgin, due to their designer being crap.

6. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

:lol:

Funny, but sooooo true. :)

7. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Some non-Schumacher shaped news! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8432698.stm
    I didn't say it was interesting...

8. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Look at all those german drivers =O Any news on where nick Heidfeld is doing this season? Im mixed on this season. With off track politics spilling into races, the sport seems to be going down hill. With Burnie comming off with more carp each week.
    The rules are changing so much (some need to IMO) its hard to see what changes have positive effect. Take no tire changes a few years ago.....that was just retarded. Even the diffuser confusion was key in deciding the championship. I do think costs need to be cut tho but they need to settle on something rather than changing each season.

I want to see 3 drivers per team. At least on top flying teams. Even if the third driver is a young driver or something, just something that adds even more cars to the mix. Balance it out by taking the constructors as an average of all the cars a team enters or just include your two best cars.

I think Hamilton will have a cracken season. It will be interesting to see how Mercedes do. If they do stop supplying McLaren with engines that could pose a problem for them. Alonso Is a fantastic driver too and if Ferrari get a semi decent car he could be a contender too. Button, I don't think will be a world title contender tho he will be there abouts. It usually takes a season to settle in and cause McLaren is built around Hamilton, his driving style mightn't suit the car. Just food for though maybe?

Top three this season in no order
    1.Alonso
    2.Hamilton
    3.Vettel

Brawn fell away badly last season but with mercedes funding them they might have the money to mount a challange. Rosberg doesn't convince me as a world championship contender but if the money and design is there.Suchmacher could have a chance. Id really love to see vettel do well being a young driver. Hopefully Red bull can build on last season.

Love Spa, especially when it rains lol. China always seems to have incident too. Miss Hockenhime when it went into the forest =( and bring back nurburgring ring =D

Last edited: 30 Dec 2009
  10. Krikkit

:hehe: I thought Massa was just a fuel-user rather than the engine being bad?

11. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Maybe Massa is actually the Stig and has his drinks tube connected to the fuel tank? :lol:

There could be even more points up for grabs if Stefano is to be believed:
    What else could they award points for? Best facial hair?

12. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

If this turns out to be a snooze fest i will write a letter of complaint to every major tv channel in the uk demanding rallying being brought back to terrestrial tv with better coverage like f1.

And that sebastian loeb needs to retire.

13. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I think i like the idea of points for pole, not so sure on the fastest lap though.

If drivers got a point for sticking it on pole it would add another level of unpredictability to the season. Providing the cars arent going to qualify on the race fuel.

If quali stays as it is now it would be fairer to award the fastest overall lap in quali imo

14. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

So many new team names, should be interesting. Cant wait to see the cars and colours

15. javaman

With new new rule on fuels it may be possible. Before you would have every team outside the points, who had no realistic chance of winning fueling for 3 or so laps and going all out. While they would be faster on track, they would loose time dicking around in the pits. I can still see one of the top teams winning it every race tho....unless teams develop a cunning plan to tow each other round in their slip stream maybe?

16. Krikkit

:hehe: Maybe they should give him the trophy at the start of the year, then have the championship for 2nd? I totally agree though, there should be more rally coverage. Dave have brought it back to a decent level, as opposed to being a late-night transworld sport thing or whatever, but we need a decent hour-long program on in an afternoon tbh.

17. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

This is not uncommon for other single seater series, for example GP2. For one, it may spice up qualifying. I think if they do implement this, the fastest lap on Saturday should be awarded the points, regardless of when it was set (ie. it could be set it in Q1, Q2 or Q3). This way, it gives the top drivers incentive to go out and try even if they think they are 'safe' from being in the drop zone.

18. javaman

Simply the reason I never watched it on dave. Like back in the days Schumacher looked completely invincible. domination like that is boring as hell to watch. Wish the BBC would make a sports channel. Recently Ive been getting into american "handegg". Its just crappy that the games are on so insanely late and one game a week =/ Id love to see some lower divison football too after seeing yeovil play a few years ago. Bet those lower league teams would be happy to get on to tv without the buckets of cash needed to be paid compare to premiership football. Heck, I bet a handful of sports would love the publicity increase from TV coverage. Id be happier to pay my TV licence for a BBC Sports channel.

19. PedroX64

PedroX64 Better dead than Smeg!

The BBC wanted to create a Sports channel a few years ago and the Government blocked it.

It's much better you have to pay to watch rugby, football, cricket and 47 seconds of Amir Kahn, then you can be taxed on it!

20. javaman

I hate the government >.>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.