1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Assassin's Creed 2 DLC was cut from full game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Dec 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Slepnyrl

Slepnyrl What's a Dremel?

As long as they are all included in the PC version that will come out in spring, they'll make the wait worthwhile!

3. The Jambo

The Jambo Last on the scene

Perfectly Reasonable to be honest. Either delay the game, and don't deliver any DLC, or send it out with a few parts missing.

At least they're priced well.

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

DLC is DLC, it doesn't matter if they create it before or after the release.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Stuff gets cut from games all the time, at least now with DLC we get to see that cut content, so it's not exactly like they made a full game, cut bits out, then released it later so they could get more money. At least I hope not.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Whats next, you buy a digital movie and you have parts cut from the middle and charged extra to download it later on in a few months time?

7. [GAH] Cheesey

[GAH] Cheesey What's a Dremel?

Good job guys and girls at Assassins Creed 2. Nice to see that they're giving gamers what they want and making the game more playable.

Unlike other games out there *cough* left 4 dead *cough* !

8. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Just ask the folk with a half dozen DVD's of Blade Runner...

9. Morrius

Morrius What's a Dremel?

The game was massive, I ploughed 30-something hours into it and I still have more to find when I go back. This seems reasonable, I can imagine it would have started to drag somewhat if it had another ten or so hours to play through.

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Don't they already do this though with 'directors cuts' and 'special extended edition'?

11. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Don't agree on this at all.
    I can see some developers, making a game, and then taking stuff out as DLC, just to make more money...

12. Morrius

Morrius What's a Dremel?

Well of course some developers do. But having played Assassins Creed 2 all the way through, I can confirm it doesn't feel short or lacking in content.

13. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

So, what, you would rather pay for it than have it included, in case you got bored of it?

If It was planned to be in the game, it should be free. Give the first two packs out for free, increasing the value and sales, and then when you come up with genuinely new ideas, I would be more than happy to pay for them. Cutting things out to hit a corporate deadline, intended to maximise profits, only to then charge people for it just reeks of greed.

14. fatty beef

fatty beef State Side

Blade runner is a brilliant movie - to bad it was never realized on the big screen the way it should have been.

DLC = pure profit especially if the designs, voice overs and all that other stuff was done already. So instead of paying $60usd for a game you pay $65. Multiply that extra $5.00 times 60% of the copies sold 3 or 4 times over the next year and KAPOW all of a sudden they are profitable again : ).

15. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

hmm not sure i like it...considering the fact that you get roughly 25hrs of gameplay i don't believe that it's good thing to say to public. they should keep it as a secret - 25hrs sucks - baaaadly

16. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Why have they been openly admitting to this? I think taking bits out and charging us an extra £5 later for it is ridiculous, expecially charging extra for an option to "replay any mission"!

They should have just kept quiet then nobody would know or care, or say they would be providing a series of free of charge extras.

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm happy they mention this, but really this is setting a disturbing trend to make an excuse for developers to cut out certain items and then throw it in there as an afterthought for a bit of extra cash.

Still though, there are DLC's worth buying.

18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Those are called the deleted scenes you see on DVDs :p

The way games have been going in recent years, 25 hours can be considered an epic

19. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

That's my point exactly. And now, to get evenhalf of what a good game used to give, we are going to be charged £5 a pop.

20. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Pretty much, what I was thinking. What gets me here are the readers don't have a problem that the devs cut out parts of the original game to charge for as separate DLC, but welcome it. The way things headed concerning DLC are I wouldn't put it past them to cut out the final level or final boss and charge for it as DLC*.

*Concepts and ideas expressed herein this post are patented by Horizon Ultd, and may not be used without permission. And to save the trouble of contacting, the answer is 'No'.

Last edited: 23 Dec 2009
Tags: Add Tags