1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware ECS A785GM-M Black Series Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 24 Dec 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

the first thing I thought was: "is that a DFI nf4 SLI-DR?"

3. TheUn4seen

TheUn4seen What's a Dremel?

Only 700MHz on the GPU? 785 can easily fly to 1100 with no extreme cooling, I've got a 780G (MA78GM-DS2H) which works on 1050 with stock heatsing (with a silent fan).

4. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Imagine it in a Lego-mod case...

5. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

do 785GM boards support AMD BEMP?

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I've not had much luck with any I've used to be honest. The four Ive used completely crap out at 800MHz, 750MHz is OK, but even the MSI I used recently didnt want to OC at all :(

I've... never checked to be honest. I've only ever heard it associated with 790FX parts, and even then - only Corsair has ever shown us one compatible part.

7. trig

trig god's little mistake

still wouldn't touch ecs with a ten foot pole...

8. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

My current ecs board is AWESOME for the price I paid brand new so maybe this will be my am3 upgrade? Unless somebody comes out with a cheap m-atx crossfire board

9. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

To be fair to ECS, my Asus M4A785D-Pro also has a northbridge heatsink held on with pushpins and springs, and it too was easy to accidentally push over when I was building it into a tight case. An Abit 780G board I built also had a crappy pushpin/spring arrangement. It seems to be the new fashion for all MB manufacturers to not secure these properly.

I wouldn't buy ECS. I may buy cheap ECS for someone else, who I'll never see again, and I'll never have to do tech support, but not for family/friends without a signed release waver!

As for the POST readout, I bought a cheap Chinese PCI card that does it. Another edge is also suitable for ISA slots if I want to break out a 486 computer for a play.

Tags: Add Tags