1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod of the Year 2009

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 24 Dec 2009.

1. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

thanks for at least trying! Clearly the people at Dennis haven't heard of RSS feeds...

2. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Wow! Thanks Bit-Tech! MOTY nomination - that sounds awesome! Yay!!! :D

3. WinMacLin

WinMacLin What's a Dremel?

I read it and decided not to risk my email with this company at all. I've been burned way to many times by these 'just hit unsubscribe' buttons only to be hammered by affiliates that they share your email with.

This site has become way to commercial.

4. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Well, it's the only way to ensure that one person gets one vote - if there was no security in place, you could spam votes, and it means people who don't want to sign up to the forums can vote too.

The advice you refused to listen to came from Bit-Tech's Technical Editor, Richard Swinburne. If anyone would be able to find out about the voting process, it's him. Other people have tried it, and it's worked, and they're happy. Now, go troll elsewhere if this is too much for you to take in. I'm sure you will be missed, but our aim will improve.

5. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Every once in a while I vote what might be considered long shots during the MOTM contests. We don't have any longshots in MOTY. The Bit-Tech Elite Modders - winners of MOTM and those with frontpage articles - are all on equal footing here. Really tough to decide but thankfully there are 3 winners.

If anyone doesn't want to sigh up and vote using their email that's OK. There are 43,491 forum members. One of them will pick up your vote. Don't complain if your favorite doesn't win.

6. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Wow, I'm in the MOTY contest! :rock:
    I'm just stoked. :):):):):)
    But to be honest, I've been so involved with CX1 for so long now (15 months) that it
    has burned a large image in my brain. This large image was soon cut down to size when
    I went through, one by one, each of the contestants in this years MOTY. One after another
    of considered, diligent, meticulous hard work with the highest ideals (I'm sure) for each of
    the builders. For all of us there is a great deal of our very being tied up in these works
    gathered together here and each one is as important to the builder as mine is to me.
    To be sure, everybody has their favourite case and all the cases will get many votes. In
    the end it just comes down to numbers, and the difference between places will probably
    be measured in a handful of votes, this being the indicator for the fact that all these mods
    represent some of the best work being done in the world today.

EDIT Oh, and merry xmas to everyone. :)

Last edited: 25 Dec 2009
    Cheapskate likes this.
  7. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Hear hear!

8. alick

alick What's a Dremel?

cant sine in to vote all thow news letter are getting to my email fine , tried changing pasword a few time still cant sine in
    oh well i vote for the wall mount htpc

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Wow. That's a lot of mods, and every single one of them is worthy.

10. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

I just placed my vote, and after much thought, it was easier than I thought. Granted, there are quite a few outstanding mods here, but only a few that are truly original. Once I considered that, it came down to what the member contributes to the bit-tech community. There are quite a few that can whip up a nice mod, but I take much more stock in those take the time to comment in other threads, and answer every question in their own. That's straight up classy, and that is a true modder. ;-)

11. Multiplectic

Multiplectic His Stigness

[​IMG]

This... this... I've been staring at this for the last half hour, at least.

Cygnus is also great (The combination of metal and wood is beautifully executed), but that... That is just... I can't describe it. Totally out of words.

[​IMG]

My dear God...

12. bfelda

bfelda ____

You should keep trying to sign in:thumb:

13. sethnmalice

sethnmalice What's a Dremel?

Cygnus X1, because its hand made that looks like it was lasercut. Very inspiring project.

14. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I was going to vote for Neptune, but then the pictures of Flow kept dragging me in. That ultra-clean look somehow passes all the awesomeness on the right, i didn't see it coming :)

I'd liked to have 3 votes again though, so i could include some more.

15. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Cygnus X1 every time, one of the most beautiful complete case builds/mods I have ever seen.

16. Snafu-X-

Snafu-X- What's a Dremel?

My vote was for Flow, but my money's on Cygnus. One vote sucks!

17. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

would just like to chime in and say that I am very honored to be included in this competition and to keep such incredible company of mods alongside mine.

cheers, hope christmas and the new year goes well for all!

18. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

I'd like to vote but I can't make an account without selecting either a weekly or monthly newsletter... i don't want either!

Is there no way you can setup an e-mail address for those who don't want the newsletter to send their vote in?

19. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

I am disappoint, Cubeleon by brinkz0r isn't there :(

20. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Mod not Modder of the Year.

Tags: Add Tags