1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Losing 30kg in 100 days... my little Crusade :)

Discussion in 'General' started by phinix, 3 Jan 2010.

1. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

in all seriousness here, food poisoning or time spent in hospital is a great way to loss weight quickly!

get a some dodgy kebabs, let them go cold and a day old then eat them, trust me as soon as you swallow it, it'll be waiting the other side to come straight out again!

2. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

I went from 97kg to 83kg in 3 months, no change in diet or drinking; just working out for an hour a day. easy. But remember, any activity will build muscle, which weighs more. to make 30, you'll need to really have a massive shift in lifestyle!

3. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

This cant be stressed enough. To lose 30KG at your weight would probably require you to lose as much muscle as fat, and that aint too great as you say "I dont look fat".

I'd recommend setting smaller, incremental goals. Try losing 10lbs in a month, set yourself up a balanced work out regime and watch how your shape changes along with the diet and exercise changes. This way you can alter your exercise regime to suit your body.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Sure it is. It would probably damage your body and ruin your health for life though --and make you prone to putting it right back on.

The recommended maximum rate of weight loss is 2lbs a week; that would be 12 kg (just under 2 stone) in 3 months. Anything more and you start doing yourself all sorts of harm. Moreover your body will (correctly) interpret that it is starving and go into conservation and storage mode, thus making it more likely that you get the munchies and put the weight right back on.

5. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

lol, I spent all of november in hospital and lost 2 stone (only started at 11.5 stone). I actually lost 3kg in one 24 hour period (I know as I was weighed every 24 hours).

I wouldn't recommend it as a diet though :p

6. Jumeira_Johnny

A good breakfast goes a long way to help weight loss for exactly this reason. You should be eating 6 to 8 healthy, smaller meals a day to accompany a good work out routine. And, from first hand knowledge, cut out alcohol to really speed things up. I don't, but make that trade off.

Also consider fitness compared to weight. I run 8km twice a week and work out at home the other 3. Am I at my ideal weight? Maybe not, but I feel great and meet my health and strength goals vs. randomly chosen weight goals.

Just something to think about.

7. pennyman86

pennyman86 What's a Dremel?

Started out at 255 as of right now i am sitting at 210 with my future goal to be 170-180. So anything is possible but it all depends on how committed you are... Drink a ton of water cut out all sugars and work hard. Also I can’t say enough about thinking positive, I have not missed a workout since I started by thinking positive and seeing my self skinny. Make it a life change not a diet and you will succeed

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

WOW, that sounds cool:) And a bit scary;) Thing is I'm really lazy and hate working out. I need to focus on my diet first I think.. With my weight I cannot even run - my doctor said that I could do some slow excercise, no jogging, maybe a bit of bike, cardio, thats it....

Guys, thank you all for kind words and understanding!:)
    Good news! I got email from my friend that I mentioned before - he bought me a ticket for huge Metal festival that will be in June - so that means I'm moving my visit to June!:) That gives me 6 months, not 3 ! YAY!!! :) See.. I'm THAT lazy;)
    Anyway, I hope 6 months can make a big change, now I this 30kg is more realistic than was before.. 6 months should be possible, even if I do it slowly.. am I right?

DAY 1

So I started yesterday, had two slices of black rice-bread with soft cheese (weight watchers special edition;)) and slices of cucumber for breakfast. Then dinner, small portion of noodles with souse, small strip of chocolate (I couldn't resist:(). Supper - a cup of soup.
    Total: 1500 cal.

What is new for me is I eat till 18:00 - thats the new rule - no eating after 18:00. Period.:wallbash:
    So I had my supper at 17:30. If I'm gonna be starving, I may eat an apple or orange, but that will be only thing allowed after 18:00. I hope that is ok...

First impressions - I was SO HUNGRY when went to bed at 23:00 that I thought I'm gonna eat my pillow... Jesus that was hard! :wallbash:

Today is second day... will report back with today's menu at the end of it or tomorrow morning:)
    Checking weight - I think I can do it once a week. No point jumping on the scale every day...

9. Deact

Deact What's a Dremel?

As I too am starting on the path of weight loss, I shall wish you the best of luck with this! Here's hoping you keep it up as in the long term it'll be worth it!

10. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

It certainly is possible, i lost a stone over the summer simply by having two meals a day instead of three and cutting out all snacks. No excersize required...and its cut how much i eat at meal times down too, i dont feel hungry as much anymore or the need to snack as i used to.

As for when id have the meals, it was usually a midday and an evening meal, however if i was up early for work (6am) id have breakfast then an early evening meal.

Your goals, you can reach them!

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

WTF, they chop an arm off?

12. Senny

Senny What's a Dremel?

To be honest I wouldn't cut off my eating at 18:00, especially if you are not going to bed untill roughly 23:00. That is 5 hours without food ontop of however long it is you are sleeping. My last meal is generally an hour before bed if not right before. Usually I'll just have some peanut butter and an apple to tide me over till morning but thats me.

At your current weight you could get away with eating 2000-2500 calories a day and still lose weight. I weigh 92kg/203 pounds, eat 2600 calories a day and am still losing roughly 1-2 lbs a week(which usually includes a cheat somewhere).

13. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Best of luck to you! I'm having issues with weight loss because of my improper eating habbits which I think has the biggest impact. I'm about 5"8 and weigh in at roughly 208... Certain clothing makes me look big, but most of the time i'm pretty good at hiding the weight. I've tried the whole exercise thing, and used to use my stair climber treadmill thing for 30 minutes and gradually work up from a walk to a run, and it just wasn't doing the trick. I realize my issue is my eating habbit, I normally don't eat breakfast, have some kinda junk for lunch, eat dinner, than maybe go out at night with friends and have another snack. Like others have said, diet will have the largest impact on your weight, but if you can stay committed you'll be able to succeed. For me, once I start school again I think i'll start trying to eat properly. Bowl a cereal with 1% skimmed milk, lunch will be water and a granola bar and maybe a fruit / veggie, than my dinner which I don't have much say in and it will probably be slightly unhealthy or a large portion. I think 30 minutes a day for 3 days a week would be a reasonable start and once I start to lose some initial weight I'd consider joining a gym to have access to weights and more machines to bulk up muscle wise while still getting in a good workout and burning some fat.

I don't really have a set ideal weight, i guess I'd like to wear one of my better fitting t-shirts without having a sweater overtop to hide my chest and stomach. To be future oriented I'd love to be somewhere in the 175 - 180 range, but I don't see that being very practical to start off with, or within any short period of time. Ideally I'd like to lose 20-30 pounds, think that would be a reasonable goal for the next year if I can actually fix my diet and eating habbits? I think the initial change would be pretty big for me so I would rather overstate the time than be too ambitious and have something short that I don't feel confident in meeting.

14. Jumeira_Johnny

Dude, I'll say it again. Starving yourself isn't going to work. You are fighting a system that is designed to hoard when faced with adversity. Small, healthy, frequent meals is the way to go; ask any trainer. You should be eating 6-8 small meals a day.

While restricting calories is one part of it, you also need to raise your metabolic rate. You basically need to convince your body not to hoard, but that there is plenty and you are happy; so it will shed the stored fat. (that is very over simplified, I know.) It sounds counter intuitive, but you need to eat to loose. And you need to move, even if it's just walking, to start.

Go get a Men's Health and read about basic work outs.

15. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Baz's guide to EXTREME weightloss.

Start counting Calories. Cut your intake to <2000 a day. (not a lot under 2000, but enough.

Cardio. Everyday. Doesn't matter if it's for 30 mins, 20 mins, or 2 hours. Just get out there and burn those calories.

That's it. Your reduced calorie intake matched with your increased calorie output thanks to cardio WILL mean you'll lose weight. I dropped 4 kilos in 2 weeks doing this.

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

All you have to do is lose some carbs from your diet and and take up a form of mild cardio exercise. Even if you have a heavy exercise regime but still eat a load of carbs it's going to take you longer to lose the weight.

I lost a stone in a month about a year ago doing nothing more than hiking 10-20km a day (albeit in 35-40 degree heat). For pretty much the whole month I ate as much as I wanted (in fact, much more than normal as I was always hungry), and still lost the weight, even though a lot of what I was eating was carbs.

You just need need to change your daily routine, not do anything drastic like starving yourself. You can still eat when you're hungry, just make sure it's the right things, and like Baz says, make sure you incorporate some form of cardio exercise in you daily routine. Don't say you'll go the the gym on set days, because it's a hassle and you'll probably give up more easily. Try leaving a bit earlier and parking half and hour away from work and walk the rest of the way, or something like that. So long as it becomes a routine, you won't even have to think about it.

17. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Semi-serious question....does highly energetic nookie count as cardio? ;)

On topic, I'm learning a lot on this thread - need a to shed a few post-christmas pounds myself as a noticeable beer gut is emerging...

18. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

yes, it's called sexercise

slightly NSFW (discriptions, not pics) http://love.ivillage.com/lnssex/sextechnique/0,,85h3w7s6-2,00.html

19. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

I've got several friends in the Cam Uni Lightweight Boat Club, and in lightweight rowing there is a strict weight limit for racing (72.5kg). It's no surprise that they've got weight control down to a tee. Weight control is a carefully planned science: To lose weight, the calories you burn must be greater than the calories you eat. (Calories burned > calories eaten).

You want to lose 66 pounds (30kg) in 90 days. That's 0.7 pounds per day.
    1 pound is equivalent to 3,500 calories.
    Thus, you need a calorie deficit of 2500 a day (!!) for 90 days.

An average male will need to consume from 1500-2000 calories a day as a minimum, any less would be considered unsafe. Therefore, your target of -30Kg is theoretically impossible if you purely diet. Realistically speaking, it's pretty unobtainable even with hard exercise. I disagree to an extent with the poster that said weight loss is 10% exercise and 90% diet, if you can stomach excising, you will be able to reach your goal much, much faster.

I think if you are willing to do exercise, a calorie deficit of 1000 a day is probably the maximum realistic limit over 90 days. That's about -24 pounds over 90 days. I have seen people cope with a calorie deficit of 1000 a day for 30 days. I was told afterwards that it was very unpleasant, so strong willpower required here! If I were you, I would aim for a deficit of under 500, as it will be easier to do. There are many helpful sites which will help you how to plan this (see links in previous posts).

I don't want to sound negative, but it's better to be realistic about what you want before you start. It will be hard work, but it will be worth it! Good luck! :rock:

Last edited: 5 Jan 2010
  20. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

+1

This is excellent advice. I couldn't have said it better myself.