1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Matticus

Matticus ...

A very strange, running water/rattling/cracking/whirring noise outside. I cannot locate its source, but I can hear it with the windows closed and its a 24 hour thing, I am losing sleep over this bloody noise.

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

A gritter managed to flick a stone up and not only chip my windscreen but cause a 6" crack also due to the fact its so cold.

Ive got windscreen cover, but its just the hassle of it all atm grrrr

We had a new gas meter fitted at the end of last year and its the noisiest POS ive ever heard you can here it ticking/clicking upstair FFS, I feel your pain.

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

BA stopping the flight my gf was gona fly over to see me on for the first time, then stopping the second one she was going to get then having a one hour line on there phone so we still don't know if she can still get a flight before its back to uni.

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

South West-bloody-Trains.

5. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

He ain't gonna get on no plane, foo'!

6. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Fixed. ;)

So, how'd it go? And what about the laydeez?

Elton likes this.
  7. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

+rep

She didn't show, so nothing happened..

Relieved but still, I was itching to ask..:miffed:

8. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

Last edited: 7 Jul 2010
  9. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

All I can say is good luck.

Had the same thing happen to me after we tried the long distance relationship for 7 mo. She said that she just couldn't feel "the spark in the relationship" anymore. Although now I am going to the same Uni as her (for the education, not for her) but we shall see where time takes us.

*sigh*

If you would like some long distance advice (should you two try that route) shoot me a PM and I will try to help out with some ideas that seemed to have worked very well, and also some changes you might see from her/yourself during this time.

TheMusician likes this.
  10. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

Thank you. I appreciate it greatly, and will do so if necessary. The next few months are going to be table-turning.

11. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Today, while repairing my phone I found one of the solder pads had lifted (probably my fault too). I can't reroute the trace so my phone will never be the same again. :( Still, on the bright side it's not totally unusable...

12. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

A tender evaluation document that is going to take me till midnight and is due at 9am :(

Fun Fun Fun.

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

The end of holidays. I hate the school... Also the lack of money. And probably the fact that my cat dropped my 270 € speaker on the floor.

14. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

my whole department was outsourced just before christmas and i am still looking for a job since the job market is crap.

15. C-Sniper

Just got the Flu. which cancels my plan on trying to talk to a girl that is cute.

16. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Going through the process of moving house. Originally we were supposed to get the keys 28th of last month, so christmas was double hectic with figuring out what will go where, what will be taken over/sold/junked etc. Then we get messed around and ended up not getting the keys till last monday and told we had to be moved over by the end of the week....

Every room needs to be plastered, painted and have the skirting and coving re-done, theres not a thread of carpet in the whole house, the hallways and stairs is covered in god-awful artex thats a big no no when babies are about and top it all off we found out yesterday (after having to pay another weeks rent on this place aswell as the new tenancy) that the house isn't even connected to the gas main.... WTF! The council literally installed a whole new combi-boiler and rads throughout the house but didn't think to look in the utilities cupboard and see theres no frackin' meter in there?!

Now they say it could take 8-12 weeks before the gas goes live.... and I just packed up ALL my shiz. Clothes, CD's and games, tools, PC bits, all in boxes. >.<

17. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

The girl. We broke up because we hadnt adressed some tiny silly issues and it got blown out of proprtion. We both know we can fix it easily with just a little work..... but it seems like she can't be bothered.

Either that or she's lying her ass off to me.

On the plus side..... I've rediscovered Plymouth gin. Win.

18. C-Sniper

Sucks man, sorry to hear about your loss.

I recommend Bombay Sapphire for gin though, either that or Tangueray 10. :thumb:

19. Matticus

Matticus ...

The fuse for the upstairs lights has blown. I had to have a shower in the dark this morning.

People living in poverty don't know what pain is until they have had to have a shower in the dark.

20. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

Idiots that can't properly format a word document...

If you want a new page, insert a page break, don't just keep pressing return! (for example)