1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware MSI Big Bang-FUZION: Lucid Hydra arrives

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 8 Jan 2010.

1. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

no-one noticed?
    2x Zotac GeForce GTX 260(-216) AMP²! 896MB (in both Hydra and CrossFire modes on either motherboard)
    fourth page. I doubt you used crossfire on the nvidia cards.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

oops :) will fix

3. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Meh, it has to be a fair representation of the part's performance as reviewed, not of its potential or how innovative it is. I for one would be very annoyed if I bought this off the back of a BT review expecting great performance and didn't get it. Maybe it can be revisited in a few months, or maybe the next version will be better, but a BT performance score must be just that: perfomance on the day, nothing more nothing less.

4. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya but even still from the results I saw this new tech was still holding its own against tried and true multicard solutions and yet it still got a 2? come on...

5. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Well, thats just it, really. It seems that it brings nothing new to the table - no improvements over existing solutions and therefore it is superfluous. I think for a solution like this to take of it doesn't just need to equal existing hardware, it needs to surpass it, in order to justify its £268 price tag. As things stand, there doesn't seem to be any reason to buy it. Get rid of the fuzion malarky, halve the price and maybe we've got a very good mobo, but atm it's just meh :geek:

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's not at all, please read the results again. :)

SINGLE CARDS are faster in many cases and the performance in normal CrossFire and SLI is most often far more consistent. There was stuttering issues and general limitations all over the place.

We don't review products on promises and it's available to buy right now, with "retail" drivers. We will come back to it in the future to check other driver releases :)

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ehh I guess people are fine with being controlled on what they can and cant do, personally I like getting away from proprietary setups. The idea of mixing different generations of cards to make them useful and that off different competitors is fantastic, yes its not like that now with the current drivers but that is their goal. Oh well maybe it will get a fair chance once the driver develop a bit more down the road.

8. trig

trig god's little mistake

so, it's worth it to you to pay more and get significantly less performance (and sometimes unplayable) so you're not "controlled" in this scenario?

Guest-16 likes this.
Tags: Add Tags