1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo responds to Greenpeace ranking

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Jan 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. sear

sear Guest

It's true, the last time, Nintendo got the lowest score on the list for the same reason: not disclosing information. That's an automatic fail in Greenpeace's books, which might not be totally fair on their part, but it certainly gets more attention, which is the goal in any stunt like this.

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Greenpeace loosers. They always invent new ways to get money from the people. Ooh the poor panda bear give money to save them. Then people getting sick of panda campaign. Oooh the poor seagulls give money to save them. Tthen people getting sick of seagulls. Oooh the poor wales.

Fact of the matter is, that the Panda is meant to be extinct anyway years and years ago. they only eat one kind of food. They do not want to reproduce them-selfs so it seems like they want to die anyway. The only reason the Panda is alive these days is by human intervention!

Why don't Greenpeace use their boats to get rid of all the plastic on the oceans. I will fund them for that any day.

4. amacieli

amacieli What's a Dremel?

@obiwan: Don't forget the polar bears, which are so nearing extinction and/or drifting to Mexico on pieces of ice that the Canadians have to go hunting for them to keep the populations down.

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Don't think Greenpeace cares that much for us welsh boyos ;)

6. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Hehe he !

7. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

Someone think of the sheep :jawdrop:

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Nintendo...don't even respond, Just nothing them for thats all they are. Since when has green peace been a governing body? Nintendo done right not to release information to them. Why should they release information to a bunch or terrorists? You wouldn't release your quarterly spending to al Qaeda for them to comment on it!

9. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I see no reason why information regarding a company's environmental policies and practices shouldn't be made public - greenpeace or no greenpeace. Nintendo says that they comply with all relevant laws, but as some may know, most of the laws put in place are the bare minimum, not a standard to aspire to.

I say again, being green is good PR, so why wouldn't Nintendo want to tell everyone how green they are. Unless they are only as green as they have to be by law.

10. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Greenpeace: Iwata-san, tell us about how polluting your manufacturing processes are.

Nintendo: Mind your own business! (laughs)

11. Matticus

Matticus ...

The manufacturing is pretty irrelevant when it comes to the overall life cycle of a product.

I don't know anyone whose wii has broken, my group of friends have been through several xboxs. So even if the wii it twice as bad, you probably only ever have 1, and you will never have to fly it to germany and back. Not sure on the reliability of the PS3, but I would guess they break fairly often compared to a wii.

Also the power consumption of the PS3 and 360 is easily 150 watts plus. The Wii is something silly like 15-20 watts.

And finally, the size of the wii means there will be far less packaging.

Greenpeace are retards!

12. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

If Greenpeace are capable of conducting research in to what companies use to build a console then surely they are capable of cracking one open and able to determine the quality, source and therefore the manufacturing elements.

Afterall, Bit Tech can cast their analysing eye over any motherboard or other tech kit and with minimal dismantling tell you where nigh on every part came from, who made it, designed it and conceptualised it, well, almost, lol

13. TSR2

TSR2 What's a Dremel?

So moaning at companies until they confess is really research? I personally wouldn't trust Greenpeace to set up a computer correctly.

Tags: Add Tags