1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Nvidia GF100 "Deep Dive" NDA Lifted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by H2O, 18 Jan 2010.

1. H2O

H2O Burnt Acrylic - Mmmmmm

Last edited: 18 Jan 2010
  2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

As promising as it is, whether or not Nvidia will be able to re-gain market share is another story.

And I'll believe the benchmarks when they are released, as for now, a big grain of salt.

Third note I have: The performance does seem consistient, but still will they release it early enough where they can out sell ATi's card? Because once Fermi hits the market, expect ATi/AMD to drop the prices faster than horny people drop their pants.

3. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Only two games benchmarked, and in both those games, the opposition card was "simulated". A lot of cherry picking going on.

4. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

I'll hold judgement until official third party review are in. Hell, they didn't even give clocks for the GF100 card so they could have OC'd the piss out of it and bench that.

5. Elton

although that could happen, I'll play devil's advocate here and say this: Isn't a bit unrealistic for them to overclock an engineering sample? One that usually carries lower clocks anyways?

6. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

would you put it past them to use some exotic cooling method in order to get a major overclock to benchmark?

7. Elton

Wouldn't really surprise me, but you have to admit, there's a fine line to how far fetched it can be.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've been saving up for three of these cards since October. I just hope that they release 2GB versions straight away otherwise I'm not going to be able to enjoy 16x+ anti-aliasing at 2560x1600.

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

I actually feel the other way about GF100. I haven't really seen anything exciting... and the most disappointing thing of all is how this event was sold. It suggested that GF100 was going to launch very soon, which is not the case at all. I'll be surprised if there's hardware in our hands before March. :)

10. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

nVidia really need to get their act together especially as ATis cards are steadily increasing in availability, and the price is starting to decrease too. Can pick up a 5850 for £213-£220 now quite comfortably.

11. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Not a review, no game tests, just propaganda and some more promises :D I don't buy any of this... Sure some of the numbers and new techs may make sense, but as for performance, we'll just have to wait for the actual cards to get into some actual reviews....

12. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

About as unrealistic as presenting a wooden block as the real thing at a trade show.

13. Elton

With that said, I'm still highly skeptical, look at it, we've had "Preveiws" for the longest time...