1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HFM.NET - Client Monitoring Application for Folding@Home

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by harlam357, 17 Jan 2010.

1. harlam357

harlam357 What's a Dremel?

Hello Bit-Tech! I'm posting today to share with you my Folding@Home Monitoring Application - HFM.NET. Very similar to FahMon in look & feel with a wealth of features as well. Below you will find a link to the Google Code page where you can download HFM.NET - it's FREE!!!

HFM.NET - Client Monitoring Application for the Folding@Home Distributed Computing Project

Homepage on Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/hfm-net/
    Please see the Homepage on Google Code for the latest version.

Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/hfm-net/
    Please see the Google Group for complete release notes, help, and support.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 12 Mar 2010
  2. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Hi there, thanks for sharing that with us bud :)

Quick question - does your software offer any kind of webpage generator like FahMon does?

3. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

Nice to see you visit my webpage, NOT, :rolleyes:

Click the link in my sig. and you will find the answer to your question

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

& we knew you use hfm how?

5. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

Er! that was the whole point of my post, I was ironically pointing out that I was using it and that no one (inc coolamasta) knew because it seems that no one ever clicks on the link in my sig. or anyone else's for that matter.

It was also a cynical observation on the redundancy of the question. In that if .HFM does make a webpage, it would seem that no one visits anyone else's page anyway, so what is the point? Short of using it to monitor off site machines yourself, but you don't need to publish the address for that.

If my cynical sarcasm offended anyone, I offer an apology.

6. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

lol I was going to say when I seen Sas's reply yesterday I agree, how the hell would I know you use it but you're reply explains although did comes across as bit of an rant rather than sarcasm :thumb:

After looking at you're sig (and yes sometimes I do take a look at peoples sig's) I see what its capable off and seems pretty cool, might give it a go and see how it goes... :)

7. harlam357

8. houch

houch Minimodder

I have saspros statsite on me fav on me pc and me phone so i can c how hes getting on. but nice work on making it, is it like fahmon or can i make it so i can c my ps3 info 2

9. Tesla effect

Tesla effect AKA ZombieKiller1

Dear Harlam,

Excellent application! This has absolutely got to be the monitoring app of choice since the 6.29 client was released. However, a minor niggle; I'm missing one of the new cool GPU projects (Working on GRoups of Organic Molecules in ACtion for Science) :D Project: 5769 (Run 1, Clone 210, Gen 2123).

10. Bork_Bork

Bork_Bork What's a Dremel?

Tried this again but seem to have unknown Client Types and Cores? I reinstalled this morning and 3 out of 4 GPU clients have the right info but one doesn't. Fahmon is showing correctly.

I checked the PSUSummery web link in preferences and it is the C version for all projects.

I've tried clicking the 'Download Projects From Stanford' option but nothing seems to happen (Fahmon gives a progress window).

11. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

need to fix the project info (think it downloads from his own list not from Panda directly), all clients are now unknown cores apart from the SMP2 ones

every thing else works perfectly from what i have seen

12. Tesla effect

Tesla effect AKA ZombieKiller1

Hope he sorts it out soon.

13. leexgx

14. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Harlem bach,
    I have loaded all other clients sucessfully but my Notfred client will not work in HFM ( I loaded it in the same way as I load it in Fahmon) so what have I done wrong ? :confused:

15. leexgx

needs to be sticky this

if FAHmon is not going to be updated and Fix the mem leak at the same time it needs De stickying

16. harlam357

Thanks Tesla!!! I appreciate it! :)

See below for your missing GPU Projects... if they are still Unknown in HFM.

See the following thread here on the HFM Google Group regarding Missing/Unknown Projects: http://groups.google.com/group/hfm-net/browse_frm/thread/23800fed6577853e#

As far as the Download Progress... you're correct, there is no upfront visual feedback regarding the download progress. But there is feedback in the Messages window (and the HFM.log file). Trust me, if HFM can't identify a Project, it downloads the psummary and looks for it automatically. I am going to add in a Progress windows (similar to FahMon) when the user manually invokes the download... but silent downloads (during normal refresh cycles) will continue without any upfront visual feedback. Why? Because if you're like me you're not sitting there to look at it anyway. :D

Nope... downloads from Stanford. The Projects in question just weren't on the psummary. Can't download what's not there. ;) See above for the fix.

How does it show up? Hung? Offline? Hover over the status color to get the text representation. If you want to get it straightened out... post up a thread over at the HFM Google Group, I monitor it constantly.

17. harlam357

New Version: 0.4.9 - Revision 154 - Beta - Download

Wow!!! It's been a few since I've made an HFM update but I think it is well worth the wait. With the advent of the SMP2 client and readily available Bonus/KFactor work, HFM v0.4.8 hit an all time high in downloads for single version. Clock him in at over 2600 downloads!!! ...and I was all giddy about the 500 that v0.4.7 reeled in. :D

Check the HFM Google Code page for downloads and details on the changes.

---

Need help with HFM? Have a Feature Request? Please Join the Discussions. Post in the HFM Google Group.

http://groups.google.com/group/hfm-net

18. leexgx

this Still needs to be sticky

19. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I use HFM on all my rigs to monitor folding performance and its far superior to FahMon.

20. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Except for the fact you have to save & load your config on startup. Major flaw in my book