1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Lian-Li PC-A77F

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by doggrell3000, 18 Jan 2010.

1. doggrell3000

doggrell3000 What's a Dremel?

dear forum

lian li are the best of the best . the soon to be released pc-a77f could be the best lian li creation yet - even better than the previous best lian li case : the pc-x1000 . the pc-x1000 was a break through product for several reasons including its incredible looks and style . however the pc-a77f even has the pc-x1000 beat for two major reasons : usb 3.0 and exhaust fans out the top . but the pc-a77f has one major flaw that the pc-x1000 avoids : blue leds on the fans in front . what is it with lian li that they keep thinking " gaming enthusiasts " want blue leds ? who are these " gaming enthusiasts " anyway ? are they people who like to play games ? here is what i humbly propose to the good folks at lian li : include a switch ( better yet a rheostat ) which would give the case owner the option of turning the blue leds on or off . ( do this for the fans in the top as well ) . then the pc-a77f will be the best pc case on the planet hands down . the case owner would therefore be able to wear two hats : he could be a buttoned down business guy by day ( with the blue leds switched off ) then come out of the closet at night and play pc games with the blue leds switched on .

[​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Jan 2010
  2. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Spam?

3. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

its as simple as four wire snips per fan to turn off the blue LEDs.

I dont understand this post, is it spam? I highly doubt it as I am personally close with Lian-Li in a business relationship and I am sure they would go to someone like me before they go to a spammer who can barely speak english...

Maybe its a competing company? I cant tell but clearly he does not understand the purpose of these forums.

EDIT: here is the product page hidden on lian-li's site http://www.lian-li.com.tw/v2/en/pro...478&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=61&g=spec

Certainly a good evolution of Lian-li's standard full tower design :)

4. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Bizarre. You'd think they'd be more literate, or is this guy some sort of case evangelist?

5. doggrell3000

just a dumbass

no - i am not a spammer . i am just a guy looking for a good high end case for my first new pc build . as for being illiterate , i had no idea that i was . ignorance is bliss i suppose . so to the poster that says i could simply clip a couple of wires to turn off the leds - can i also clip those wires and then install an on / off switch ? thanks to all you highly literate guys who responded to my bizarre post .

the evangelist

6. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I smell troll..

7. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Aren't trolls supposed to be funny?

If you were looking for a good case, why didn't you come and ask, instead of picking an as-yet unreleased and unreviewed one, evangelizing about Lian Li's glorious past, and then coming here and telling us all about how good you think it will be, for your first post of all things? Anyway, the answer is yes, you could indeed install on/off switches on the fans by cutting the wires and inserting a switch.

8. doggrell3000

i don't know anything about anything

thanks gentlemen for all your helpful insights and feedback . actually i have never even seen a high end case of any manufacturer . i just look at the pictures . thanks also for pointing out that i should not comment on any future products without first having purchased said product . in fact i will never look at a photo of an unreleased computer hardware product of any kind ever again as i have been taught the proper way to think and converse here on the friendly and persuasive bit-tech forum . hopefully i will eventually become highly sophisticated and knowledgeable about computers and electronic components then someday i will have the qualifications to bring up a topic among the geniuses here at this incredibly advanced forum .

9. SNiiPE_DoGG

And the roflcopter has landed :hehe:

10. she'shighvoltage!

she'shighvoltage! What's a Dremel?

+1

11. TheHalfWit

TheHalfWit Call me dino

And that's not spam? :hehe:

12. she'shighvoltage!

she'shighvoltage! What's a Dremel?

(;

Admittedly, though, that is a mighty fine looking case.
    I'd consider buying one if I was rich lolol

13. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Seriously, what the hell!!!

Is he working for lian li PR, and putting a personal view upon it aswell! Christ i hate people when the they post crap like this.

Lets face it, the interior of this wonder case will be exactly the same as the PC-P80, which in all fairness is just a tweaked old school PC-70.

Lian li got there cases pretty much perfect 10 years ago, and since then just tweaked the basic design year by year, moving from 80mm fans to 120mm, shifting the PSU from top to the bottom and back again, throw it up the front to catch us out in the A05.

Yes there great cases, but no need to post spam like this.

14. SNiiPE_DoGG

Would put money on this not being from lian-li just a very very odd thread

15. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Getting a bit jealous here. My earlier thread about the new PC-A77F and PC-8FU cases hasn't gotten near this leve of attention. Maybe I didn't rant'n'rage'n'rave enough...? :p

16. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

Goodness me there is some hate round here.

I'm personaly very excited about this Lian Li Fine Craftmanship Product.

The new internal layout has the motherboard on top of the power supply unit! which allows for easier access to the motherboard as well as more room above, thus larger CPU coolers can be used. The power supply unit at the button of the case is cooled with fresh cool air directly from the outside of the case, instead of pre-heated air from within. This will bring down the core temperatures and extend the lifespan of the PSu significantly.

The PC-A77F is a Full-tower case, which is ideal for the latest graphics cards in combination with the best thermal dynamics. All the internal installation can be done without tools, and is easily adjustable to optimize your hardware setup. Especially in the advent of adding in new graphics cards, equipped with 8 PCI slots, can hold three or more graphics cards, supports CrossfireX™ and 3-way SLI™.

The hardware installation with PC-A77F is very easy and simple. The front panel is detachable and they can be removed without tools.

To install motherboard require no toolstool-less screw to screw a motherboard on case, easily and quickly.

Superb head room space, ideal for more thermal solution choices.

Perfect and well worth selling your mother for.

;-)

17. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

yours had less fan boy BS

18. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

"he could be a buttoned down business guy by day ( with the blue leds switched off ) then come out of the closet at night and play pc games with the blue leds switched on ."
    led lighted fans for homosexuals only?

19. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I KNEW it! :p

Must work on that part...

20. LithiumDesign

LithiumDesign 3dsMax User

Don't understand.