1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Mass Effect 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 26 Jan 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

We dive into one of the most anticipated games of the year and find out if all the new additions and attitude that Bioware has layered in to Mass Effect 2 were worth the wait. What will the continuing adventures of Commander Shepherd hold? Read our review to find out!

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2010/01/26/mass-effect-2-review/1

:rock::rock::rock:

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

go play ME1 before going into ME2 he says, btw heres the plot

:duh::rolleyes:

3. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

In the 6th sense, Bruce Willis is a ghost! Snape kills Dumbledore! Darth Vader is Luke's father!

Spoilers have to have a lifespan - The original Mass Effect is coming up on 2 years old now (on 360 at least) - chances are if you haven't played it yet, you're unlikely to considering the vastly superior sequel is now out (well, come friday).

Incidentally, holy crap I want this game now. Watching Joe play it super-smug-git-o-vision has been hell. Friday can not get here fast enough for Steam unlock. Hurry up week!

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Actually i've got ME1 to download (steam sale) just never had the time to sit and play it of late. I've not read the review for that reason i'm just going with the smilie in the op.

5. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Lol. Gunsmith made me laugh and baz is kind of right.

But i must admit i haven't played the first one. And i might be picking both the first and the second one up (should keep me super busy for a while. :D )

On a further note: WOW a 10!!!

6. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

I haven't played the first one, and I don't think I will for a bit.
    Probably because I'll be playing ME2 since its so awesome.

7. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

Where do people find the time to play games like this? I'm still only 25 hours or so into Dragon Age, and I've had that since before Christmas.

8. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I've been on a binge lately levelling up my Adept character to import into ME2... :?

On a side note... i'm pretty sure the organisation is Cerberus? As in the guard dog of the underworld? I cringed everytime i saw CEREBUS in big capital letters ;>.

9. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

^ what he said.

Eurogamer gave it a ten too. Looks like we have something to look forward to :D

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Three days. Three days and I can burn through what little life I have left playing this beauty.

11. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Saving myself until I have enough spare time to power through this in one go. Avoiding media coverage on this has been a pain in the arse though. I heard the launch trailer had massive spoilers, gg marketing teams.

Glad to see this got a 10 though, ME1 is one of my favorite games despite it's many flaws, so I have stupid amounts of anticipation for the sequel :D

12. Matarsak

Matarsak What's a Dremel?

Good review, as usual.

However, given the number of errors and redundancies I have to wonder if the editor was either asleep or in a hurry to get this posted.

13. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

tali is romancable. unless your playing through as a girl (shits so cash)

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

So all that r34 on her wasn't just idle fap material, it was speculation?

15. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Even Bioware are subject to rule 34.

In other news the internets seem to be having a collective orgasm over this game, I hope it lives up to its 10/10 reviews.

16. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

ps3 version please, xbox died on me, i sold pc and have now only ps3 and a lappie (mac)

17. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

My life ends for a couple of days from Friday onwards tbh...

18. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'd have thought it would be obvious that if you're reading a review of a sequel then you'd expect a summary of the previous game? And just because I've related the main plot of Mass Effect 1 (Saren, The Reapers) doesn't mean that I've spoiled the game. As with Mass Effect 2 there's a lot of interesting story around the characters, sidequests and stuff I haven't mentioned.

19. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

Probes are incredibly cheap, fuel is a pointless addition and scanning planets is a terrible addition to the game. The MAKO missions from ME1 were a great change of pace the problem was the terrible copy and paste tactic used for the planets that you could land on. For the rest ME 2 is more of the same which is a good thing if you liked ME 1. Graphics haven't improved much, no option to enable AA as far as I can tell.

It's still an RPG light, I prefer games with a bit more character building. A ten is a bit too much in my opinion. But than again console games are hyped alot these days.

20. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Woah an excellent game you say? 10/10 on Bit-Tech? Now if only the genre interested me at all :D

Tags: Add Tags