1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What sort of price could I hope for on ebay for this

Discussion in 'General' started by natward, 26 Jan 2010.

1. natward

natward What's a Dremel?

Hi I'm just interested in selling my old computer to fund my new computer build and just wondered what sort of price I could reasonably expect if I bothered to put it up on ebay. I'd appreciate any advice on getting this best price I could and if to put a reserve, use buy it now or what.

Here's what you'd get (its 2 years old I think I should add)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 GHz 4Mb Cache
    6Gb Corsair Memory DDR 800
    VelociRaptor 300GB fast Drive with Operating system on
    Two 500GB SATA Hard Drives for storage
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    Atrix 720Watt Silent Dual Fan PSU
    768Mb Nvidia 8800GTX graphics card DX10
    QC - Gigabyte N680iSLI-DQ6-1333fsb-DDR1066x4 SLI (Dual graphics)
    DVD+/- RW - 18X Samsung Lightscribe
    X-Discovery Case
    Windows XP 64-bit Home
    Brand new never used 24" Benq monitor
    Brand new Logitech Keyboard and Mouse
    Brand new never used Logitech multimedia speakers

Of course those brand new things I've added I haven't got yet I just thought they might make it a more attractive buy but might not be worth bothering with as it might still go for a low price and I'd be throwing money away with buying these.

Anyway any advice harsh or whatever would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Your best bet would be to break it mate.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 GHz 4Mb Cache - £40
    6Gb Corsair Memory DDR 800 - £50
    VelociRaptor 300GB fast Drive with Operating system on - £50 (o/s is worthless on a drive)
    Two 500GB SATA Hard Drives for storage - £25 each
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty - £40
    Atrix 720Watt Silent Dual Fan PSU - Unsure, but not much
    768Mb Nvidia 8800GTX graphics card DX10 - £40
    QC - Gigabyte N680iSLI-DQ6-1333fsb-DDR1066x4 SLI (Dual graphics) - £40
    DVD+/- RW - 18X Samsung Lightscribe - £6
    X-Discovery Case - £15
    Windows XP 64-bit Home - If its retail, about £50

Of course these are just my guesstimates and others will disagree im sure.

3. natward

natward What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the advice, though,

If that's all I'd get I think it's probably best option maybe keeping it as a second machine in case my new build breaks down. Or perhaps selling the raptor, I'd want at least £70 though as its only 6 months old this and I paid £160 for it. Sell the xp 64 bit, sound card and perhaps putting it in the local newspaper to maybe get £200 for it, its still a good PC and did cost me £1500 only 2 years ago.

4. Pappy_Lazaru

Pappy_Lazaru Bish bash bosh!

Problem is that the PC market is one of the fastest moving markets out there!

5. natward

natward What's a Dremel?

This is sadly true, Macs seem to remain valuable with people selling on ebay old macs for over £1000 but PCs seem to be relatively worthless with a couple of years, its sad, I guess I've gotta face facts its not worth a lot now.

6. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Well, the stuff that's still boxed and never used should fetch a decent price. eBay 'em is my advice.

7. natward

natward What's a Dremel?

No I was only going to buy these unused items, monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers myself to maybe get a more attractive system to the buyer instead of a barebone system.

8. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Oh, sorry. I should read to the end of the sentence before offering advice, really. At any rate, no, that's a bad idea. Most people buying online are only buying parts (which if you had decided to sell anyway I would have strongly recommended you did) so they'd have little interest in the included stuff. Worse, unless you can get a truly massive discount on the new parts, the new owner of your computer can for the same price as he'd have to pay you buy the peripherals he actually wants himself, and enjoy a warranty etc without worrying where you got them and what he's going to do if they go wrong.

Personally, I'd keep the computer, or break it for parts. If you have genuinely no use for it, part it out for cash. You get a terrible rate of return, but it's better than binning it. Otherwise, keep it - it may be worth more to you as a computer than it is as cash.