1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2010 Thread - Post season washup

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 22 Dec 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

from those pics i like it, it looks a little maclaren with a lot less red and a little less balck though. Cant wait to see what the others all look like

2. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

looks a bit like a 90s Mclaren, I quite like it. I will reserve final judgement for full-res pics though!

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I reckon we'll actually see more black and red on the McLarens this year... my question is: Will Lotus be racing in Black/Gold or in British racing Green?

Edit: And if Big Schu climbs into that thing with his red Helmet, then (no matter how much I love Mercedes), I will have to root for Piquet back... just to take out the Eyesore... :p

Last edited: 25 Jan 2010
  4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

5. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

If it isn't BRG with a yellow nose... It'd be disaster of biblical proportions. You know, Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! :lol:

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Well, their logo seems to indicate BRG and Yellow, so here's hope.
    Alternate colour option for McLaren seems to be white/red, but that might just be too close to the new Ferrari Liveries... maybe...
    we'll see, i suppose.
    [​IMG]

Edit: That's an F60 in new colours, for the record.

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Ugh, not a fan of the new Ferrari livery - I'd much rather have last year's. I suppose now that Marlboro have given up the cool-looking barcode has gone, and Santander need something to change.

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I'm hoping (but doubting) that it looks better on the new car...

9. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Is it just me or does the black 'streak' on the merc look like they let a 5 year old lose with a can of black spraypaint? (The streak on the side of the engine cover).

10. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Jose Maria Lopez has been the first driver confirmed for US F1 Team:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8480176.stm

Also, there might be another change to the points after a Sporting Working Group meeting last Friday. Points would be awarded 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 (as opposed to 25-20-15-10-8-6-5-3-2-1) to give even greater reward for winning.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81048

Edit - I've also added the launch schedule for the 2010 cars to the first post.

Edit2 - This guy has some reasonable size shots from yesterdays' MercGP team launch. Mmm bare carbon:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimiraikkonen/4303024105/sizes/o/

Last edited: 26 Jan 2010
  11. GreatOldOne

Deduct 1 to n points every time one of Bernie's magic shortcuts is used (It's fun!)
    Deduct 1 to n points for every lap short of the finish you are due to running out of fuel (It's a green, ecomental lentilmatic initiative!)
    Deduct 1 to n points for every major piece of bodywork you need to change during the race (It's cost saving!)
    A mulitplier to your race points for every lap you cross the line backwards (Adds to the spectacle!)

Genius, if I do say so myself. I'll just call Jean now. :lol:

12. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Haha they would certainly give the strategy guys something to think about.

Silverstone may use the new "Arena" layout for this year's GP if it's completed in time. Apparently all parties except Bernie are agreed so far: http://planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5887879,00.html

[​IMG]
    Light blue is the current track - so Abbey cut in half, no Bridge and Priory but a new infield section. Thoughts?

13. GreatOldOne

Run both - the old track (Bridge, Priory et al) could be bernie's toll-road.. I mean shortcut. :)

I personally like the look of the new track.

14. Krikkit

Looks alright, but why?

15. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Apparently it's a lot safer for the MotoGP and World Superbikes which are both starting there this year - they were worried about the proximity of the bridge at Bridge :lol:. As they're building all the extra stands around the Arrowhead hairpin (cool name?) they might as well use it for the F1 as well.

edit - they might be temporary stands though, I haven't seen plans. Here's a pretty render though:
    http://www.anf1blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/silverstone_2010-3.jpg

Last edited: 27 Jan 2010
  16. Krikkit

But Bridge is the best bit! Tbh though Silverstone isn't that thrilling - it's a bit flat for my tastes.

If it's safer for those superbike fellows then fair enough, new hairpins are usually a good thing. Maybe a new overtaking point just before the new right hander at Abbey?

17. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

I guess they are covering their backs making sure the MotoGp and SB are well catered for as it wont be long before Bernie tries to take the F1 GP away again.

18. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

19. alastor

alastor Minimodder

20. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Looks like the RBR-style pointy nose will be appearing in quite a few places on the grid this year if spy shots of the FW32 are to be believed:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.