1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Man sells Steam account $1,000

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Teelzebub, 5 Feb 2010.

1. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Feeling petty? Check this out:

http://www.steamcalculator.com/index.php

It tells you the ruinous cost of your addiction to Steam sales, your account number etc. smc8788's right, I don't understand why you'd give a crap about how elderly your Steam ID is... But then I never understood personalised numberplates or bragging about how elderly your family name is either.

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

dude, it's all about the e-penis

that's all there is to it

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Damn you...

Supposedly i have $750 worth of games... am glad that's not what i actually spent... or at least it better not be >.< :D

EDIT: There seems to be a mistake since it lists me as having the Valve Complete Pack (which i don't) adding another $100 to the total :?.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2010
  4. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Why do I get this as a result then? Pasted STEAM_0:1:11578 into the field and apparently I have some hardcore, none of your business account. Try it, no photoshopping involved except blanking out my login name. The STEAM_X:X:XXXXX part gets changed to a string of numbers automatically.

Following the link in Profile ID gets below result. I havent set up any profile so that could be it.
    Code:
    This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile.
    If you know them encourage him/her to set up their profile and join in on the gaming!
    LeMaltor & Igniseus: Your profiles get a list of games and what they are worth.

Apparently the server got borked. Snapped the screenshot before it did though.

Code:
    Notice: Undefined variable: boxlist in /var/www/steamcalculator.com/include/calculator.class.php on line 687
    Notice: Undefined variable: totalGames in /var/www/steamcalculator.com/include/calculator.class.php on line 713
    Notice: Undefined variable: totalSum in /var/www/steamcalculator.com/include/calculator.class.php on line 714
    Notice: Undefined variable: totalGames in /var/www/steamcalculator.com/include/calculator.class.php on line 725
    Notice: Undefined variable: totalSum in /var/www/steamcalculator.com/include/calculator.class.php on line 726

5. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:21380736
    Found 4 Games with a value of
    $79.97 USD

only spent around $50 iirc

6. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

I understand the kudos for the steamID and also registration numbers and no I am not a chav. The steamID gains respect for exactly the same reasons as the registration number, they are both exceptional numbers that no one else can possibly have. For that reason they are valuable like a collector has stamps.

I wouldn't buy a steamID because I have far too many games on my original account and there is never any guarantees that steamIDs will stay unique. However I would buy a registration number and because the DVLA is actively involved in cherished plates these will stay unique and collectors items. Well, until the day we no longer wear registration numbers on our vehicles. The price of registration numbers will never stop going up and that number remains unique and yours as an investment.

Of course there is some penis envy involved with both steamIDs and registration numbers. I love seeing Range Rovers with registration plates like 1RR. I don't envy it, I appreciate it.

I love seeing steamIDs with 5 digits as well, that belong to players who just have no clue whatsoever what they are doing in a game ... EBAY!

7. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

I've had Steam registered for around 5 years, i've had CS:S since the day i signed up for steam. I've probably played it for around 40hrs total. Go figure...

8. AngusW

AngusW mmm

$729.88 USD
    It kind of overvalues what i actually paid for the games though due to deals LOL :thumb: American currecncy too.. Hopefully i didnt actually spend that much :jawdrop:

I would laugh if the guy buying the account got banned.

9. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

$2,562.92 USD

Oh the shame.

10. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11337769
    i have 1337 :D

11. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

STEAM_0:0:7593995

Is that good?

12. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

hmmm it says my account doesn't exist

EDIT

It does exist, values my account at $130, I paid a lot more than this. It list me as having the complete valve pack. I might have, but I purchased them all individualy. iirc orange box was £35 alone.

13. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

It doesn't list all my games, and I bought most in the steam sale at xmas. Been registered since beta when CS:S was the only game to play............ooooo shiny gfx!

14. AndyDEL

AndyDEL What's a Dremel?

My SteamID is in the low 5 digits, STEAM_0:0:4xxxx

Also my account has free valve games for life - won through a competition.

Wonder what i could get for mine :)

15. Enemyvirus

Enemyvirus CPC Refugee

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2947091

£838.68
    or
    1253.30 Euro's

92 games, thats alot.
    Ive been a member since 2004

16. r2d2600

r2d2600 R2d2600

thats a lot

17. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

Found 142 Games with a value of
    $1379.54 USD
    Steam member since: 2003-10-23
    :D:thumb:

18. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

It's a holdover from the days of WON. Back then people were always comparing e-peens WON lengths.

I'd check my steam account value but every time I take it off private someone tries to steal it. It even got disabled last year because some idiot tried to hack it. :eyebrow:

19. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Wow by the looks of it there are a hell of a lot of people who can't resist the sales :p

I'm guessing that the calculator shows you as having the valve complete pack if buying your valve games individually costs more than the pack does, as the pack's price it the most people would pay for those games in today's money.

20. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

Tried to find out my info on that steam calculator thing and it says "Account is private" lol

Why's that then?