1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News StarCraft 2 beta launching this month

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Feb 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. sHORNY

sHORNY What's a Dremel?

It's so going to be a pre-order beta. It seems thats the run of the mill at the moment with Star Trek and BC2 (bar the few giveaways) to name a few!

3. mecha.

mecha. Newbie

i hope so cus i cant wait to get my hands on this game, its been way too long since the first.

4. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Pre-order beta, no lan, 3 smaller episodes rather than a full game, a mod marketplace and "more casual appeal". Gee, where do I sign up!:rolleyes: I bet it's gonna be packed full of DRM, too :thumb:

As a side note, do you think they make you preorder the game before you beta test it so that you end up buying the game even if you don't like the beta? Or can you cancel your preorder if you don't like the beta?

5. ApostleUk

ApostleUk What's a Dremel?

If play do the pre order then you can cancel =)

6. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Does any preorder (from any r/etailer) count, or do you have to preorder directly from Blizzard?

7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Why does anyone think you need to pre-order for the beta? So long as you already have a CD key from any Blizzard title, you can sign up for Blizzard betas on the website. Maybe there is a guaranteed beta invite if you pre-order, but you definitely don't have to pre-order.

8. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

*chants* Review Star Trek Online.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I don't care if it's a pre-order beta, open, closed, packed full of DRM (seriously, are people still complaining about that? It's pretty much a fact of life for PC games now) or whatever. I want this game. It's not as if they don't have enough money to work on it. How frikkin' long has it been since the first gameplay videos?

Tags: Add Tags