1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis - An Ironman Videothrough (COMPLETE)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 12 Feb 2010.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

08: Paradise Lost is up

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Trying to find this for cheap now thanks to these vids! :D

3. AOwpr

AOwpr What's a Dremel?

Can't remember when I last commented in this forum... but as Strickland just said (watched up to Onslaught), "hat's off to you." Really fantastic mate, great job. I'll probably be linking to this in some other forums later if you don't mind. :thumb:

A quick question though, you know how when you go to menu or hit tab, it says "Crytek Systems" or something along those lines? Yours says "Online," whereas the fact that mine's always been "Offline" made me think that was not changeable... what is that, exactly?

Also, you've inspired me (as I'm sure many others) to go through this again, Ironman style. As soon as I get a new GPU... been having heating issues with my 8800 GT SLI. :(

Cheers, great job again.

4. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

I seem to be having the same issue as I had with the Warhead videos... For some reason they're getting corrupted. The first video had the corrupted warning, but I was able to extract it anyway (and it played fine). Not sure what's going on. :(

On a side note, I'm currently on Exodus in my first time playing through the game... Three days up to this point on normal difficulty, love the game!

Edit: It seems if I extract the file to a different hard drive than the rar file is on, I don't have the corruption issue... Makes me wonder if my WD Green is having some issues. :X

Edit2: Still having the same issue with some of the files... I can extract them to the point of being able to watch them, but it won't save them after it extracts them. I'm wondering if it's the hard drive, or PowerArchiver...

Edit3: Same issue with WinRAR... Showing a CRC error within most of the files I've downloaded so far.

Question, is it really necessary to rar them? The physical file size isn't MUCH different...

Last edited: 17 Feb 2010
  5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Its just a winrar file, how are you guys failing on a winrar file? Either that or you are trying to play it with some dodgy h.264 codec :s

6. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

The files are getting corrupted somehow... I've got the first in this series to play fine, and the fifth one had zero issues, however the second, third, and fourth ones all return CRC errors and won't extract for anything. Tried using both PowerArchiver and WinRAR, and used the 'Repair' function in WinRAR to try to fix the problem. No dice.

I'm in the process of downloading the rest, I'll let you know the result.

Oh, and I've used Firefox and DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) to download the files, same result. It's not the extraction program, it's not the download program... I'm running out of options for any explanation other than the issue being with the files themselves.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

then im afraid the problem is at your end, ive not had any complaints regarding corruption, try it without the dl accelerator, i never did trust those things

8. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

I did using Firefox, it wasn't until after I had the issue that I installed the download accelerator. No clue what the deal is.

9. theskirrid

theskirrid What's a Dremel?

Whether it helps or not I'm using Orbit downloader and VLC on Win7 Pro [64], with no probs and good download speed. No extra codec packs at all.
    Even Total Media Theatre plays 'em fine.

10. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I dl them and they're fine (although a little big hehe).. if it's crc in the rar that's probably due to a bad oc or something related- try a chkdsk and you might find you have crosslinked files

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yup, sounds like the problem's on your end Jared. I've not had any problems with them either, so it's definitely not the files I'm afraid.

Oh, and I got up to about a third of the way through Relic last night on hard and have already died about 5 times :( Glad I didn't go for it on Delta. The most embarrassing moment was getting killed by the bloke sat on the toilet half way through Contact :sigh:

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

few tips for you, assess the area first, if they are alone then go for the silent take down, if they're on the move then tranq dart and kill em when they're down.

if you're in full on combat, use hit and run tactics, grenades will make them scatter weather they be frag, smoke or flash. Aim for the waist and let the recoil pull your shots up into the torso.

if you got the shotgun then just go balls out. just be weary of what armor they're packing as they'll sometimes get up after the initial blast

give that a try :thumb:

i'll try get Exodus up tonight :rock:

13. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah, I've picked up loads of little tricks watching your gameplay (too many to name), and by the time I got to Relic I was starting to get into the swing of things. When I first tried playing I opted to take a more run-and-gun approach, attempting to kill everything in sight, but I kept dying even though my aim is pretty good. Using the binocs and tagging everything helps immensely and makes the game much more enjoyable.

To be honest, most of the time I die it's because I do something stupid, like pop up out of a bush while still in armour mode, or firing when cloaked instead of switching to strength mode, which drains all the battery. It's amazing how you can lose or win a firefight depending purely on how well you manage your suit.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

aye, mastering the suit takes time but like you said its critical so survival. After a while you'll start replaying levels to showboat and tease the enemy.

I love playing fist pounce, crouch while cloak, switch the speed and run and jump at your enemy before switching to strength mid air and punching them in the face upon contact.

hilarious :thumb:

15. banshee256

banshee256 What's a Dremel?

Downloaded 4 episodes so far and loving it. However, no. 5 is causing problems. CRC problems, to be specific. Trying to re-download it and see if it changes anything.

16. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Nice. I'll have to check the vids in a little. What are your specs Gunsmith? I'm running minimum settings on a T7200 and GeForce Go 7300 @1280x800 and I'm getting decent framerates...

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Q9450 @ 3.6ghz
    4gig corsair dominator 5-5-5-12 (was never very good at ram timings)
    3x 8800GTX 768mb's in Tri-SLI config
    X-Fi Elite Pro
    780I mobo
    lots of hdd space, water cooling yadayadayada etc.

i get anything between 35 - 70 at 1920x1200

18. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

whore. I'll have to get a framerate readout next time i play Crysis or Crysis: Warhead. I play on Delta with little problems though. Got my 7300 Go overclocked to 600 Core/850 Memory.

btw, shouldnt you get 5-5-5-15 for your ram?

Gunsmith likes this.
  19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

heh I was well off the mark, had it running at 5-5-5-18, ram timings are completly alien to me :(

20. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

70? :jawdrop:

The highest I've ever seen it get with the new modded config I'm using is 50 (average 30ish), and that's only at 1680x1050. Before that I would be lucky to get 40 (25 average). Crysis is pretty much the only game I'm willing to play at 30FPS, because it looks so gosh darn nice in the process. I just hate it when it locks up for a second or two when things go a bit pear shaped.